And Now I'm Nothing

Jeremy's Words of Wisdom

- Kellin's P.O.V -

I shut the door in Vic's face, not even bothering to say bye before turning to glare at my mom, "What was that all about?" I asked, staring at her with angry eyes.

"What was what about?" she asked, raising both eyebrows in my direction- making sure to purse her lips in the process.

My left eye twitched, "You and Vic- what's going on?" I looked at her with full on seriousness. I meant business- and bitchiness, that's just how I was made- with a little humongous sparkle of gay. Hey, what do you gotta do?

She turned away quickly, picking up the plates off of the table, "Nothing Kellin, we just had your friend over- it's no big deal," she half-shrugged, though I could still tell she was hiding a smile.

"He's not my 'friend', alright?" I more stated than asked, with a sassy roll of eyes.

Her eyes didn't even glance in my direction for a second before her next statement came out, "I just think you guys should...y'know," she trailed off, blinking an excessive amount of times.

"We should what?" I asked, a puzzled expression on my face, my mom really sucked at being straight forward with me.

She walked over to the kitchen, with me trailing off right behind her, "I just think you two would look cute together," she admitted, not turning to look at me for one second.

My eyes widened, "Really mom?" I asked her, giving her an incredulous look, "You see, this is why I don't bring any friends over, specifically guy friends, because you always jump to the assumption that-" I started talking, to no one in particular, well aware that she was paying no attention to me.

"He told me he likes you," she gushed, an excited smile coming onto her face.

Oh, goddammit.

-

"Kellin!" Jeremy called after me, waving me over. I sighed, not really up for talking to him, then turned around and started walking in the opposite direction- but of course, he was having none of it, "What the hell man? I was calling you!" he frowned.

I nodded, "Yeah, and I was walking away from you- glad you're able yo observe properly," I turned back around, placing my headphone back in my ear. I noticed him walking at the same pace as I was, for some reason not giving up on conversation. The next thing he did just kind of....set me off, I guess. He pulled out my fucking headphone. Oh.Fuck.No. "What the fuck!?" I scowled, "Don't touch my stuff!" I warned him.

Jeremy quirked an eyebrow, "Whoa, feisty aren't we?" he teased, not seeming to mind my little outburst, "I just wanted to talk, kells," he smiled.

I glanced over at him, "Kells?" I scoffed, "Really, Jeremy- out of all the nicknames you could've given me, you call me Kells," I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

"Kells suits you," he paused, "I mean, Kellin- Kells, I'm just taking away two letters," he chuckled, "So how's it going Kells?" he continued to talk.

I had to restrain myself from telling him to fuck off, knowing well that if I did I could potentially ruin another person actually wanting to talk to me- I mean, he seemed nice enough, but could I really trust him? "It's been going...alright? How's it going for you?" I asked, unsure of why I was even talking to the guy.

He smiled at my cooperation, "I've been fine and dandy," he grinned, "Actually, you know who else has been fine and dandy?" I shook my head, "Vi-" he began saying the name of the last person I wanted to talk about.

"If you say Vic Fuentes, I swear to god I will make you regret it," I glared at him.

He raised in eyebrow at me, "But you just said it...?" he gave me a puzzled look.

I shrugged, "Yeah, well- whatever. I just don't wanna talk about him," I muttered. Just didn't wanna talk about the cute obnoxious Mexican who for some unknown reason would not leave me alone.

Well not cute, but...well, he was kind of, pretty fucking cute. Just not cute, cute, if that makes any sense.

Jeremy frowned, "Such a shame," he sighed, "Vic really likes you man."

I bit my bottom lip, "Well I don't like him-" I huffed, "And if he thinks that by sending his little friends over to me to talk me into liking him will work, he is sadly mistaken." I stated.

Jeremy rolled his eyes, "You should at least give him a chance, y'know?" he thought for a couple of seconds, "My girlfriend didn't like me the same way I liked her- but she gave me a shot, and look at us!" he beamed.

"Where is she...?" I asked, looking around cautiously.

"Oh, we broke up." He chuckled, "But hey, throughout the time I was with her, man, it was the best time of my life," his eyes lit up at the thought of his ex-girlfriend.

I quirked an eyebrow, "Why did you two break up if it was the best time of your life?" I asked, a puzzled expression on my face.

He bit his lip, "Well, she moved really far away- and I don't do long distance," he paused, "We're still really good friends though." he grinned.

I nodded, unsure if I really understood what he was trying to tell me- it sounded complicated though. Then his earlier words sank in, what if I did give Vic a chance? And what if we actually ended up being a better couple than intended?

The thoughts were completely washed away when I remembered that Vic and I were polar opposites. Vic was, well Vic. And I was just, Kellin. The Kellin that sat in his room all day and moped on Tumblr all afternoon.

My lips curled up into a forced smile, "I'll give it some thought," I lied.

Jeremy looked at me with a wide grin, "Seriously!?" he asked, eyes wide. I nodded, "That's fucking awesome! Tell me how it goes, alright?" he more stated than asked.

I just nodded again, "Yeah, I'll let you know how it goes," I felt pretty bad lying to him, especially when he looked so excited. But if I disagreed with him, he's just keep pestering me until I did something.

He nodded happily, "Alright, well I better go. See you tomorrow, man!" he waved, walking back to the schools' parking lot.

-

- Vic's P.O.V -


"So how's operation Kellin going?" Jaime asked, smirking at me from across the room.

I rolled my eyes, "You had to choose the most stubborn person out there, didn't you?" by stubborn I meant Kellin. Kellin and stubborn were soul mates. End of story.

Jaime grinned, "I'm sure you'll get him into your little trance sooner or later, I mean- who can resist Mexican?" he joked.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked, suddenly feeling weary over the whole thing. Jaime shot me a questioning look, "I mean- toying with his emotions, isn't that going a bit too far?" I looked up at Jaime.

Jaime thought for a little while, then shook his head, "Nah!" he shrugged, "He'll just have to suck it up." he chuckled.

I let out a fake laugh, "Yeah, he will..." I nodded in agreement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so this is my last update for tonight, since I've already updated- seven times. lol.

I really hope you all enjoy the story!