Status: Thank you for reading, any and all comments are welcome and appreciated!

Tangled Web

Chapter 3

I met Leland at the door; he was wearing his sunglasses as usual with Jeans a tight fitting shirt and a busted lip. "What the hell happened to your lip?" I asked, surprised to see it still bloody looking.

"I got into a little fight this morning with a guy we were trying to pick up before we got on the plane to come home." He says, poking his bottom lip out so that I could touch it.

"Well, I hope you gave as good as you got, because your lip looks bad, baby." I say gingerly touching it with my finger tip.

He winked at me. "Let's just say, he won't be opening either eye for a few days. Now kiss me, but be careful."

I licked my lips in anticipation of the kiss he was leaning in for.

"Mmm, I missed you so much." He says between each kiss.

I could only smile and return each kiss, followed by a long, tight hug. Somewhere in the background I could sense that Duane Lee was moving; he cleared his throat and we broke apart.

"I hate to interrupt this little… love fest-" he says with a flip of his hand, "but I just stopped by to see how things went?"

My husband glances back at me once more before answering his brother. "Pretty good I guess, other than the fight. We caught him, that's all that matters. I thought you were sick brah?"

Duane Lee starts to bit his fingernails…a nervous habit of his. "I'm doing better." He says convincingly to Leland. "I tried to get Mila to take care of me, but she said she already had enough babies' to take care of."

We all laughed; two of us laughing more nervously than the other. I put my calm and collected face back on as the two brothers talked. I had to transition back into wife and mother mode now; Leland could never know about the conversation I had with his brother. My life and marriage would surely be over.

After twenty minutes of talking about work, Duane Lee left the house and I was finally alone with my husband, who was sitting in the oversized chair that matched our sofa.

I walked casually over to him and straddle his lap. "I'm so happy that your home now, I hate when you leave." I say pulling as stray piece of string from his shirt. He runs his hands up and down my thighs, smiling as we looked at each other.

"I hate leaving too baby, but sometimes I have to…doesn't mean I like it though." He reminds me.

"You look kinda hot with that busted lip; all wounded and vulnerable." I say stroking his bottom lip lightly with my thumb. "Which is the complete opposite of everything that you are… vulnerable I mean, not hot… you're always hot." I say rambling.

"What's wrong?" he asks sincerely, putting a hand on each of my hips. "You don't usually ramble unless you're worried about something. Were the kids bad this week? Did my brother say something to piss you off? You know you can tell me anything that's on your mind."

"No, it's nothing like that. I'm fine." I lie, with a smile on my face. Internally I was crumbling, my heart was pounding, my ears were ringing, I was short of breath, my blood was boiling…I was scared; scared that I might lose this wonderful man who was staring into my eyes, smiling from ear to ear as he slid a hand underneath my tank top.

A wicked grin comes over his face a moment later as he asks, "Have we ever had sex in this chair?"

"Only a hundred times."

"Wanna make it a hundred and one?"

"I've got a better idea." I say, pulling him out of the chair, up the stairs and into our bathroom. I reach into the shower, turning the hot water on. If there was one thing that we both enjoyed it was sex in the shower. There was something about the hot water and soapy bodies. "Let's see if we can't get you out of those clothes." I whisper in his ear.

I pulled his shirt over his head, pausing to run my hands across his firm stomach. I was so lucky to have a husband with a beautiful body. "I love your body." I say, flicking my tongue over his earlobe. He moaned, capturing my face in his hands and kissing me roughly despite his lip. I made quick work of pulling my own shirt off, revealing my breasts to him.

"Mine." he says roughly, reaching out to massage them with his hands, twisting my nipples between his fingers. We stepped into the shower together, the warm water covering our bodies as we kissed passionately; our bodies becoming one as I wrapped my legs around his waist and he lifted me up, sliding into my wetness. My back pressed hard against the tiles on the wall; he pulled my hair forcefully, making me whimper as he sucked the exposed skin of my neck.

"Leland..." I panted loudly as he moved from my neck to my nipple, sucking it between his lips. "Harder!" I commanded and was rewarded as his teeth sank into the tender nubs. We both moaned as I ran my hands through his long wet hair and pushed myself off of the wall. He sat us down on the small seat of the shower

"Ride it." he demands through clenched teeth, guiding my hips up and down; grunting with every thrust. A moment later he threw his head back against the shower, moaning my name as he came inside me.

I smiled, blissful and sated, pressing my forehead to his. "Love you."

"Mmm, love you more." he says, kissing me, dragging his teeth across my bottom lip before letting it go.

The Next Month:

Things had been going well for me, my relationship with Leland grew more and more as each day passed. I was so completely and deeply in love with my husband that I felt invincible.

I quickly learned that life had other plans in store for me.

"Mommy, I can't find my Barbie. The one with the pink dress!"

I looked up from the stove where I was making dinner. "Ask Olivia to help you find it, I'm busy right now, sweetheart." I say returning to the large pot of spaghetti I was making. The entire Chapman family would be here in less than an hour. For some unknown reason I was feeling domestic today and invited them all to dinner at our house.

"Kaiden hit me." I hear the voice of Olivia whine as she runs down the hall toward the kitchen.

"I did not. She's a liar." he yells back at his sister.

"We don't call each other liars, Kaiden. Now stop hitting your sister or you're going to your room." I remind him in that motherly tone. I didn't know what had come over my children this week; the normally peaceful days had been riddled with chaos as they fought and argued over everything little thing.

At four, Kaiden was very much like his father. Quiet and thoughtful, never raising his voice, rarely arguing with his sisters. Our six year old twins, Laney and Olivia on the other hand, had the perfect mix of both their parents; my outspoken nature and Leland's ability to start, stop or finish a fight; usually with more harm done to the other person than themselves.

"What are you troublemakers doing, I could hear you yelling from outside." Leland says, walking through the door, finally home from work, but still dressed from head to toe in his gear. He grabs Kaiden and Olivia in each arm, spinning them around. He always knew how to calm a situation down.

"Olivia, get your sister and get dressed for dinner, then help your brother get dressed. I don't want to see you back in this kitchen bothering your mother." he says, pushing them down the hall toward their rooms. "I'm coming to check on you in a few minutes, I better not find you playing in there."

I smiled to myself; He was so sexy when he was in Daddy mode.

"Hello pretty lady." he says, turning back to me, sliding his arms around my waist as I cooked. "Tell me again why my family is coming to dinner on a Thursday night?"

I turned around to face him, putting my arms around his neck. "Um... because I wanted them to?" I say with a sly smile. "I thought it would be nice to have everyone together."

"You hate when everyone is together. You say it's too noisy, our kids start misbehaving and fighting with the other kids, Duane Lee picks on you, you end up crying and then I don't get any sex for a week." he says with a serious look. "And that would be a shame because I've got a brand new pair of handcuffs just begging to be used tonight." he tells me with a wink as he pulls them off his belt, dangling them from his finger.

I look from the handcuffs to him, "Are you threatening to lock me up, Mr. Chapman?"

"No threat Ma'am. It's a promise. I'm revoking your bail"

"But I'm a good girl... Did I miss my court date?" I ask innocently, batting my eyelashes and playing along with him.

"You did." he says sternly. "Seeing as this isn't the first time you've missed court; I can't tell you how severe the punishment is for that "

"So evil..."

"More evil than you know."

"Mmm" I say biting my bottom lip.

"More like Ohhh!" he says a little louder, rolling his eyes back, pretending to have an orgasm as he pulls me closer to his body. "Feel that?" he grunts with a raise of his eyebrow. "I've been thinking about you all day." he whispers, moaning against my lips, kissing me softly.

I opened my eyes, looking over his shoulder, surprised to see his older brother standing there; watching us, arms crossed. "What are you doing here?" I ask, making Leland jump, then turn around. I knew he thought the kids must be standing there.

"Dinner." he says casually.

"You're early brah. Try knocking next time." Leland tells him. I could see the irritation on his face. It was always like Duane Lee to interrupt us. Leland turns back to me, "I'm gonna check on the kids." he mumbles flatly then walks away.

"Sorry... I just showered and came on over."

I sighed, absent mindedly stirring the Spaghetti Noodles. "I haven't seen you in weeks. Where's Dylan?"

He sits down at the counter, watching me cook. "He's with a friend. I thought it might be easier...if you didn't see him." he says, almost sadly.

Closing my eyes briefly before turning to look at him, "That's not true. I love him, Duane Lee." I turn back to dinner, furiously stirring the sauce. How dare he do this to me, tonight of all nights. The whole family was coming and my husband was ten feet down the hall.

"Yeah, as your nephew."

I throw the spoon down on the counter, splattering the sauce everywhere and turn to him, "Can we please not do this tonight. I'm in a really good mood. Don't ruin this for me!"

"Our little brats are all tucked in bed." Leland says with a laugh as he closes and locks our bedroom door later that night, tossing his shirt on the floor. "Dinner was great babe, I ate way too much."

"Thank you. I think it went pretty well, no one fought or argued. Duane Lee left me alone, and I'm not crying at the end of the night." I tell him as he sits down on the edge of the bed. Glancing at me as he sits his new black handcuffs on the nightstand.

"Want me to make you cry?" he questions, looking over his shoulder at me with a twinkle in his eye. "No- " he says thinking for a moment, "I'd rather make you beg."

"Beg?"

"Mmm, yeah, beg me not to revoke your bail." he says, reaching over to pull my night gown over my head. "I still owe you that punishment."

"And what if I decide to skip town instead?"

"You wouldn't." he says narrowing his eyes, licking his lips.

"It's very tempting... I can't let that bounty hunter catch me." I reply, biting the inside of my lip to keep from smiling. We had never role played...this was new territory for us. I wasn't too sure why it was going on, but it was. Sure, he'd threatened to handcuff me before, countless times, but he'd never actually brought them into our bedroom with the intent to use them.

"You're right. He's a bad ass son of a bitch." he says proudly.

"I've heard that about Duane Lee." I say quietly, wanting nothing more than to piss him off enough to play a little rough with me. Something we both enjoyed.

"Wrong Bounty Hunter." he says, angrily, grabbing me by the ankle, dragging me across the large bed and flipping me over onto my stomach. There were times when I forgot just what he was capable of doing.

He straddles my back as I lay there; grabbing the handcuffs from the nightstand. The soft click-click of the metal echoed through the room as he opened them.

"Let's see... do I want to make this fun for me or hard for you?" he ponders out loud to himself. "Above the head." he says pushing my arms up and pressing his warm chest to my back, "Or, behind the back?" he asks, leaning back, moving them behind me, holding one hand in each of his, softly stroking my palms with his thumbs. "There's always the possibility of one hand on each side of the headboard...yeah, I need another set of cuffs."

"I don't have all night." I reply from underneath him.

"I'm sorry; did someone tell you that you were in charge? I've got the handcuffs; you've got until I say we're finished."

My heart skipped a beat; my usually mild mannered husband was getting nasty with me. In the back of my mind I knew it was all a game, but it was new and it excited, confused and aroused me all at once.

"I don't wanna hurt you, but if you keep moving around, I'll be forced to." he taunts me, as he flips me over and puts a finger over my lips "Shut up and behave."

He brings my hands to rest on my stomach, quickly closing the handcuffs around my wrists. The cold, unforgiving steel rubbed my wrists as I struggled to even move my hands. "I thought you were the nice guy?"

"Someone lied to you; I don't take mercy on anyone." he says as he brings my hands to his lips; softly sucking one of my fingers. The swirl of his warm tongue and soft lips made me wet with anticipation. I could feel his hardness pressing against my thigh, straining to escape the jeans he was still wearing. I reached forward; both hands straining to grab the button of his jeans. I needed to feel his skin.

He slaps my hands away, pushing them above my head. Leaning over me, pushing his weight against me. "Don't. Touch. Me." he says sharply; punctuating each word.

My eyes went wide; did he mean what he said? He didn't want me to touch him...was this part of our game? A slender finger slides inside me, I moan as it reached all the right places. Throwing my head back, I pushed myself harder against his hand as he slid another finger inside.

"Like that?" he asks, as his thumb skims my clit and his teeth nibble my thigh.

I couldn't answer, I was floating. It had been so long since we had taken the time to enjoy each other. With three children, sex usually consisted of ten minutes in the shower or sometime mid-morning before the house came to life. For the past few years it had been quantity not quality that kept us going.

"Stop thinking so much." he whispers, before burying his face between my thighs. Strong hands roamed my body, roughly in some places, soft and tender in others. A kiss here, a nibble there; and he was still partially clothed.

Maybe he just wanted to torture me all night...