Romeo and Juliet Ain't Got Nothing on Us

chapter 3

WARNING:slight insinuation of rape towards the end of the chapter

The next day at school,i tried to be as mean to Gavin as i usually was,but even Snoz,who slept through most classes,could tell my heart just wasn't in it."Sean,man,what the hell is up with you today?You're going easy on Butler....."He asked,after i managed to let him walk past me without a single glare,sarcastic comment or sneer.I didn't even try to trip him up....."I'm just tired...."I lied lazily,and they all sighed."That's bullshit,man,something's going on with you and you won't tell us what it is....."Matt replied,sounding rather hurt that i couldn't tell them what was bothering me.I knew they'd kill me if i told them the truth,so i did what i do best,made something up."You know we've been looking for a bassist?"I asked,and they all nodded.I mentally steeled myself and continued."Well,Rhys Lewis is in my music class,and he plays bass......"I finished as enthusiastically as i could manage.

They stood in complete shocked silence for a full minute,then all started shouting at me at the same time."What the fuck are you talking about?!""Have you gone completely insane?!""What the fuck have you been smoking?!"They all screamed,and it took me a minute to decipher what came from who's mouth."Well,how many other people do we know of round here who play bass?"I asked slowly,and they all silently scowled at me."We might just have to grit our teeth and ask him if we can't find anyone else,but i don't think we should limit ourselves to having to put up with him."I added,and Matt laughed."Then why did you suggest it?!"He yelled,and i flinched."It was just a suggestion."I replied softly,and they all scoffed and walked away,murmuring angrily between them.

As soon as the last bell went,i rushed to the room Gavin had dragged me into the day before,and strait into his awaiting arms,burying my face into his shoulder before he had the chance to kiss me."Hey,what's the matter?"He asked as i started crying softly.As i cried,i made several attempts to tell him,but all that came out was tear-choked gibberish."Shh,sweetie,calm down,take a deep breath and tell me slowly."He murmured,and i managed to calm down enough to tell him.He was silent for a minute,then sighed."Why do you hang out with them if they talk to you like that?"He asked me softly,and i sighed heavily."They don't always,just when i talk complete shit like i did earlier."I told him softly,and he nodded."I get what you mean,i just wish i could do something to make you feel better."He replied sadly,and i smiled softly,moved my head from his shoulder and kissed him hungrily.

He pushed me up against the wall and gripped my hips tightly as i slid my tongue into his mouth.The kiss continued to get hotter,until he placed his hand on my belt,and i pulled away."N-not yet..."I murmured,and he nodded,gently sweeping my hair out of my face."You're not mad,are you...?"I asked softly,and he shook his head."Of course I'm not.You're not ready,and I'm prepared to wait until you are,no matter how far in the future that is."He replied with a soft smile,and i grinned."Thanks."I murmured,then checked my watch."Oh,damn,i gotta go,i said I'd meet the others in the park at four..."I told him,then kissed him softly,before grabbing my bag,going back out into the hall and sprinting towards the park.

When i got to the park,i could only see Matt.I went over and stood beside him,following his gaze up into the tree in front of us."What the fuck are those two doing in a tree?"I asked,and Matt laughed."They had a bet to see who could get to the top the fastest,now they're both stuck...."He explained,and i burst out laughing.

After a few minutes of watching James and Snoz trying to get back out of the tree,i felt something cold and hard hit the back of my head.I spun around and found Gavin and Rhys over standing on the swings,both had a handful of batteries,one of which was at my feet."What the fuck are you playing at?!"I yelled,and they both laughed again,before Rhys threw another one,narrowly missing me."You need better aim,mate!"Snoz yelled as he jumped down from the tree and landed beside me.

Within seconds of the comment leaving Snoz's mouth,Gavin threw one,hitting its target:my face.At first,i didn't notice,until a dull pain started spreading across my face,and i could feel blood dripping down from my mouth and nose.I slowly lifted my hand to my face,and felt anger spreading through me as i watched the blood run down my fingers."You're fucking dead,Butler!"I screamed,sprinting after him as he ran for the trees on the other side of the park.

As soon as we were far enough in the trees,he stopped dead,and turned to face me."I'm so,so sorry,it wasn't supposed to hit you!"He said,but i ignored him.I was too angry to listen.I threw him against a tree and started hitting every inch of him that i could reach.When i had punched out my anger,i left him in a bloody ball on the ground,and went looking for the others.

The next day,i avoided Gavin as much as possible,and tried to ignore the constant questions about how the entire bottom half of my face became a swollen,bloodied,bruised mess.The first time i saw Gavin that day was at lunch,he had his hood up,his head down,and was only replying to anything Rhys said in inaudible murmurs.

As we passed them at the end of lunch(we were bunking French)i tried to keep the others as preoccupied as possible,but they still managed to spot Rhys and Gavin."Not so smug anymore,are ya,Butler?"Snoz asked him smugly,and i decided i was still mad at him.I went over to him,so our faces were inches apart and sneered."Yeah,and next time,you won't get back fucking up."I snarled,then spat in his face and walked away,the others laughing loudly as they followed me towards the gates.

As i sat in English last period,i started feeling guilty about what I'd done to Gavin,so as soon as the last bell went,i rushed to our usual class room,hoping he'd be there.When i got there,he was stood over at the window with his back to me.I went over to him slowly,and wrapped my arms around him from behind."I'm really sorry."I murmured in his ear,and he turned to face me slowly."You really think apologizing is gonna make up for spitting in my fucking face?!"He snarled,and i flinched."I didn't mean to do it,i was just so pissed off,and i did it without thinking..."I murmured,and he sneered."Well,there is one thing you could do to make up for it....."He murmured,running his hand along my belt."N-not that...Anything but that..."I whimpered,but he slammed me against the wall."You don't have a choice!"He snarled,ripping my jeans off.
♠ ♠ ♠
last chapter of today,should have the next chapter up soon