Sequel: Renegade
Status: Rewritten and Complete

Traitors

Interference

It's true that I'm a little sick of hearing Gabe explain the plan for today's job and I'm making it obvious by my constant yawns and eye rolling. He tries his best to ignore me, but I can tell he's irritated. Fierce, on the other hang, appears focused hoping he's retaining all the information. Gabe explains that he's decided to stay at The Tunnel to monitor everything. He's sending Hunter in his place as the head operator of the job. He also asked one other rebel, Omelee, to tag along. She's a technician has a better understanding on how to handle Travis' cameras better than me. This means I'm going in to plant them with Fierce which was a difficult decision for Gabe to make. We got a twenty minute lecture on why he believes our "relationship" is going to get us killed. In my opinion, this rebellion is going to be the thing that gets us killed.

Quela hands out all our ear pieces and double checks them to make sure they are functioning correctly. She gives Fierce five different cameras which we have to place in his father's office. He sighs and looks over at me. I give him a sympathetic look and he returns a forced smile. I know he's feeling slightly nervous about the job, but at least he's not going in alone.

Hunter groups us up and leads us out of The Tunnel. He lets out a frustrated sigh and pulls Omelee along faster as she shuffles behind us. She's relatively new at The Tunnel and very shy, but it appears as though Hunter doesn't have the patience for anything today. I crawl in the backseat of Hunter's car as Omelee and Fierce seem to be competing for the front seat. Hunter rolls his eyes opening the door to the backseat and shoving Fierce inside slamming the door behind him. His lip curls intimidating Omelee into the passenger's seat.

Hunter isn't saying anything which isn't out of the ordinary, but I'm pretty sure he's angry because he originally had plans with Quela today. I heard them talking late last night about doing something today, but he got dragged into this instead. I know he's not mad at us, but at Gabe for making him babysit. Really all he is doing today is making sure things run smoothly and if they don't he has to be prepared to run in and get us or leave us behind depending on the situation.

I play with my lighter while staring out my window the whole car ride. No one says a word; the only sound that can be heard is the snickering of my lighter. Fierce holds his head in his hands trying to keep himself as calm as possible, but it doesn't seem like it's working too well. Hunter pulls into the alley across the way from the office building which I will hopefully be burning down sometime soon. He turns off the car forcing his seat belt off of him. Omelee starts setting up her computer making sure everything is functioning. I contact Gabe letting him know we've arrived and he tells us to get moving.

I wait for Fierce in front of the car as he slowly pulls himself together. I lead us over to the building walking confidently and hoping not to draw too much attention to myself unlike Fierce whom is straggling behind me. I turn around and drag him along. We walk up the stairs and enter the building where we are bombarded by fast walking people. We tactfully evade them as we make our way over to the reception desk. Fierce's attitude suddenly changes as he appears more lively and upbeat.

"Excuse me," he lays his arm across the counter and stares down at the receptionist, "I'm here to see my father, Nolan Fierce." She looks up at him and her eyes slowly wander over to me. "She's with me." He quickly adds in while a scowl forms on her face as she types away on her keyboard.

"No one sees Mayor Fierce unless you have an appointment or you are a family member. She cannot see him, but you may."

"Tell her you have an appointment." Omelee's voice echoes in my ear.

"I have an appointment. My name is Phoenix Detope. Logan decided to tag along with me to say hi to his father." Fierce's lips rise into a smirk, pleased to hear his first name. She glares at me in disbelief, but scans her screen.

"Oh!" Her expression changes quickly. "It appears as though you do have an appointment. I'm terribly sorry. Anyway, Mayor Fierce should be returning from lunch any minute. Go on up and wait for him in his office. I assume you know where it is?" She asks Fierce. He smiles and nods politely thanking the receptionist before we take off toward the elevator.

We both release a sigh of relief once the elevator door closes. The machine dings as we are lifted up six floors. My heart skips a beat when the door doesn't open right away, but I feel relief wash over me once it does. Fierce steps in front of me leading the way down the hall. He grips onto my hand squeezing it tightly in his own. He forces the huge door open at the end of the hall and pulls me inside with him. The office is unoccupied at the moment and we quickly get to work at placing the cameras.

We pick the best hiding spots we can find in the office making sure the cameras are fully hidden yet still have a view of his desk. Omelee keeps us updated how the angles are and has us quickly adjust so they're perfect. We wait patiently in the office as she sets up the recording on a timer so the batteries don't die out in a day. With her recording timer, the cameras will alternate days so we should have close to five days of footage. In that amount of time, we can only hope the mole contacts him or visits his office. Omelee gives us the all clear as we happily go to exit the office.

Unfortunately, the door swings open before we reach it and we are face to face with Mayor Fierce. I swallow hard remembering the last time I saw him, he had a gun to my head. He scrunches his face in confusion before folding his arms across his chest. His eyes flick between the two of us slightly intimidating me. Fierce shifts slightly looking defensive which Mayor Fierce notices and smirks.

"Logan, so nice of you to stop by. Vivian said my next appointment was here, but I had no idea it would be you, or that we even had an appointment scheduled. Weird how that works. Anyway, I'm glad you decided to drop in. I've been meaning to have a chat with you." He bumps Fierce's shoulder as he walks passed us. We turn to face him as he sits down in his office chair. "I actually wanted to speak with you at the party the other night, but you were no where to be found. It was highly unfortunate for me because your newest pet had to keep me company. I'm not sure where you found this one, but you have to learn that you can't take in every bitch that follows you home." I take a step toward him ready to knock his teeth out, but Fierce stretches his arm out blocking me from getting near him. "I see you haven't properly trained her yet. That's okay, it will come with time." His never ending smile pisses me off even more. "Please have a seat." He motions to the chairs across from him. We cautiously sit down unsure of his agenda.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Fierce's voice is gruff, which startles me a little.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about a few things." He glances at me. "Alone." I laugh in his face.

"I don't think so." I fold my arms across my chest.

"I wasn't asking for your opinion on the matter." He retorts pushing a button on his desk phone. "Ricco, my office now." The phone beeps and he folds his hands smirking at me. The door opens and a large, tall man enters with a scowl on his face. "Ricco, could you please escort Miss Detope to the waiting room." He walks over to me digging his nails into my arm and yanking me from my chair. Fierce suddenly has panic written on his face as I'm dragged away from him.

The door slams shut separating us. Ricco continues to forcefully pull me down the hall and to the left. He throws me into a dark room small enough to be a closet and slams the door shut locking me inside. I pound on the door, hoping someone is walking by, but no one does. I jiggle the door handle, but it's locked in place. The darkness of the room slightly freaks me out as I open my eyes as wide as possible hoping it'll somehow help me see better, but it doesn't help. I tap my ear piece hoping to notify everyone that we've been separated, but my ear piece refuses to work. Static erupts in my ear hurting my eardrum. I rip it out and place it in my pocket, but continue to hear the static.

I feel around hoping to find a light switch, but can't seem to locate one. I lean against the wall directly behind me trying to conduct a plan to get me out of here. I grab my phone from my back pocket which reveals I have no service. I sigh resorting to Plan B as I reach up grabbing onto the bobby pins I have secured in my hair. I manage to form one into an "L" shape and extend the other where it's almost a straight line. I use my phone as a flashlight as I attempt to pick the lock. I channel all my focus on this until I hear a familiar sound coming from outside the small, dark room. I've heard it before and it's just as unpleasant as I remember it.

Screaming.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's 3:52am

Who needs sleep?!?! Sleep is for the weak...

I'm going to bed now