Status: Complete.

The Youngest Avenger: Origins.

The charity event.

I walk down to dads workshop, he's going through armor specs on the computer with JARVIS.

"Notes. Main transducer feels sluggish at plus 40 altitude. Hull pressurisation is problematic. I'm thinking icing is the probable factor." He rambles on.

"A very astute observation, Sir. Perhaps, if you intend to visit other planets, we should improve the exosystems." Jarvis answers.

" Connect to the sys. co. Have it reconfigure the shell metals. Use the gold titanium alloy from the seraphim tactical satellite. That should ensure a fuselage integrity while maintaining power-to-weight ratio. Got it?"

"Yes. Shall I render using proposed specifications?"

"Thrill me."

"Hey, dad." I call, walking towards him, leaning against the table.

"Hey-look at you kiddo, what are you dressed up for?" Dad says referring to the tuxedo and slicked back hair "It's the charity event. Remember?"

He looks confused. I turn on the tv and turn it to the news station.

"Tonight's red-hot red carpet is right here at the Disney Concert Hall, where Tony Stark's third annual benefit has become the place to be for L.A.'s high society." The reporter on the tv says.

"JARVIS, we get an invite for that?"

"I have no record of an invitation, sir." Jarvis replied.

"Dad, your tony stark. You don't need an invitation."

"Touché. Are you taking, Claire?" He asks smugly.

"God, dad, your so embarrassing." I turn, my back leaning against the table and hands in my pocket.

"Are you? I just want to know." He said in his normal "tony stark way" when he needs to get answers.

"Yes, I'm taking her with me." We have a stair down till he tosses me the keys to one of his sports cars.

"Pick her up in the jag and she'll be head over heals with you." He said with a smirk.

"I-I can't take the jag.-"

"Why not?"

"I don't know...shouldn't you be grounding me further, Not letting me, your 16 year old son, use one of your cars to pick up a girl?"

"Jack, I'm just glad your acting like a normal teenager and you seem happy. Take the girl out, enjoy the night and use protection-"

"Oh, god!" I say plugging my ears. "God, Your the worst!" I shout before I go. I head over to the car and jump in quickly.

I hear dad shout "good luck." Before I drive off.

* * *

The door bell ringed and I heard my father answer the door.

"That must be him." I say anxiously as my sister finishes curling my hair. I feel like I might pass out. I'm never been so excited and nervous all wrapped up in one. I found my self nearly inseparable from jack this whole week.

He'd pass me sweet little notes in class and he always made me feel special. He was kind and wonderful and very different from all the other boys at schools. I assumed it was because he had to grow up faster than most.

"Are you nervous, Clary?" My older sister, Anna, asked.

"Just a little. We've been dating but I just want to impress him." I reply.

"He'll be impressed, you look lovely sweetheart." My Mother said from the door.

My sister stood back and sat on my bed. "I'm jealous, I wish a cute guy would take me to a ball."

"What happened to Chris?" My mom asked, folding her arms.

"I tell you when the child has left. It's inappropriate for her innocent ears." She says tugging my ear.

"Hey!" I chirp, swatting her hand away.

"Oh dear." My mother sounds exasperated. "Well, let's go and great the fellow." My mother said ushering me and Anna out of the room. We walked down the stairs and rounded towards the family room.

I see my dad and grandpa chatting up jack, whom looks irresistibly handsome is his tux. He turns and stands, looking at me with that sexy smile of his.

"Claire, whoa, you look gorgeous." He stammers over his words but somehow still seems confident. Must be a stark thing.

"Thank you, you look great to jack." We were both grinning like idiots.

"I'll have Claire back safe and sound by 12:30." Jack say towards my mother and father, his hand on the small of my back.

"Alright, well it was nice meeting you, jack." My dad says shaking his hand. I was glad they got along and he wasn't totally embarrassing in front of jack.

"Have fun kids." My mom says giving me a hug and shaking jacks hand.

"See ya later, Cinderella." Anna calls from behind us, I look over my shoulder and give her a smile. She gives me a wink in return.

* * *
The night flew by, I was trying to do my best to impress Claire but she seemed to be having fun.

After we took photos on the red carpet (which Claire seemed kind of nervous about), we went inside, I introduced her to various people and we danced and talked all night.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I couldn't stop starring at her, Claire just glowed! She was stunning in every way. I knew I picked the right girl.

"Thank you for inviting me." Claire sighed, leaning in closer, we were dancing, my arm wrapped around her, the other holding her hand up.

"Thank you for coming with me. I had fun." I say smiling down at her, I kiss her forehead and I hear various people coo about "young love" or smile at us.

I felt a shiver go up my spine and the blood rush from my head. It was coming back...

"Jack, are you okay? You look a little pale." Claire asked, looking up at me with concerned.

'Wow. Tony Stark. Fancy seeing you here.' I heard inside my head.

"Just fine." I smile down at Claire. I've done so good at hiding this. I can't have them find out.

'You have a lot of nerve showing up here tonight. Can I at least get a reaction from you?' The women's voice spoke again. I looked around trying to find where it was coming from.

"Jack." Claire stops dancing. "Are you having a panic attack?" She asked.

"I think so." I lied, sweat gathering on my brow. My head throbbed painfully. "I'm sorry." I groaned.

'Is this what you call accountability?' I see flashes of Stark Industries weapons, being used to attack civilians 'It's a town called Gulmira. Heard of it?'

'When were these taken?' I hear a familiar voice...my fathers voice.

'Yesterday.'

"Jack." Claire calls again. "It's okay, just breath." She wraps her arm around my waist, her other hand goes to reach for my cheek, holding it delicately. "It's just you and me, jack. No one else is here. Just relax."

I let out a few deep breaths. The woman and my fathers voice are gone. Replaced by dozens of voices, talking about various things. Gossiping, chatting, random images flash threw my head, I thought it was going to split open.

I close my eyes, leaning my forehead against Claire's. "I'm so sorry." I mumble.

"It's okay, wanna get out of here?" She asks. "We could go get some food? Or just head home. Whatever you want jack."

"Wanna go back to my place for a little bit?" I ask. "We can eat there."

"Sure." She agrees, I take her hand and we leave the building.

* * *

We walk down the red carpet, the cameras flashing blinding me. I didn't bother answering any of the questions ether. I hand the valet my ticket. As we waited for him, I held Claire's hand in mine. She wrapped her other hand around my bicep. Looking at me suspiciously and worriedly.

I gave her a sorry look.

'What's going on in Gulmira?' My fathers voice echoed threw my head again.

'Tony, Tony. You can't afford to be this naive.' Another voice spoke, talking down to my dad. I sent a shock threw my spine because I knew this voice...it was Obadiah.

'You know what? I was naive before, when they said, "Here's the line. We don't cross it. This is how we do business." lf we're double-dealing under the table... Are we?' My father demanded.

The valet brought around the car, stepping out and handing me the keys.

"Thank you." I mumbled, handing him a 20.

'Tony. Who do you think locked you out? I was the one who filed the injunction against you. It's was the only way I could protect you. Careful tony, wouldn't want anything to happen to jack, would you?'

I helped Claire in and got in the car myself before I could the response.
♠ ♠ ♠
The outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/charity_ball_with_jack/set?id=133983706