‹ Prequel: Fallen Embers
Sequel: Kiss the Flame

Feed the Fire

Musical Chairs

Image

During the ride to the penthouse from the helicopter landing pad, Beth was still riding a high from her performance earlier that night. She thought back at the feeling she had from hearing the crowd cheering her; not Sabrina or anyone else, but her. She turned and glanced at Mike who was talking with Sabrina. A smile ghosted over her lips as she thought about why he was so passionate about the music and playing live and finally a piece of the puzzle fell into place for her. It took experiencing it to totally understand it. Her playing of local clubs, singing to Karaoke tracks was one thing but this; this playing of live music to thousands of fans was a completely different creature. She smiled as she realized she liked it... she really liked it.

She was still lost in thought as the limo stopped at the building where the penthouse was located. It wasn't until Mike nudged her leg that she shook her head and came back to the here and now. It wasn't long before they were relaxing in the living room and drinking wine recounting the evening.

When the tour played Philadelphia, things changed a little. Instead of Sabrina doing an hour and a half, Beth was given a 30 minute time slot to open before Sabrina. Then after playing her songs, Sabrina would come out and join the band and play her hour with Green Day finishing out the night with their two hour set.

After the Philly gig, the bands had three days off until playing the first of three sold out Madison Square Garden shows. Sabrina took that time to make peace with herself and made a mental effort to feel better about the Tre situation. Her efforts showed as she began to become more of herself once again.

By the time the last note of the last show at Madison Square Garden was played; the three girls; Sabrina, Beth and Adie had hatched a plan for the unsuspecting Green Day boys. Once the guys came off stage, Adie went up to them and informed them that they were to shower and change into decent clothes because they had made dinner plans to celebrate the last New York City show.

Billie Joe looked at his wife with a puzzled look. She and the other girls were up to something but he couldn't put his finger on it. They had a gleam in their eyes and you could almost see them rubbing their hands in anticipation of what was planned. He shrugged his hand and pushed Tre and Mike into their dressing room to shower and change into 'respectable clothing' as his wife put it.

When the boys were changed and ready to go, the three women were also changed though the guys couldn't see what they wore since each woman had on a long coat that went from neck to below knee. It was apparent that they wore some sort of skirts since bare leg and sexy high heels were all that could be seen. Jill stood to one side, not liking what was going on. The three conspirators would look at them and Jill and then huddle back together and giggle like school girls.

The three Green Day men along with their women, Sabrina, Beth and the two managers Toby and Bill piled into the limo still having no idea what was in store for them. Before they could blink the limo ride was over and they pulled up to Scores West. Billie smiled at his wife as she giggled to Beth and Sabrina at the guys' look of shock pulling up to one of the most elite gentleman's clubs in the United States. He shook his head and wondered yet again what was in store for them.

What happened next made Mike, Tre and Billie's heads spin. Once inside the club, the girls took off their coats to reveal what lay underneath, which for all intense purposes wasn't much at all. Adie was first and peeled off the coat to show a short sexy black skirt that flared out, not unlike a school girl's uniform. Her top consisted of a corset that had the 'girls' at attention.

Sabrina nonchalantly removed her coat to show a skirt not unlike her favorite leather stage pants. The two pieces of black leather were laced together up the sides to reveal her bare hips underneath. The skirt dipped low enough to show just the top of her two matching star tattoos on her hips. She wore a more modest leather tank top that had a slightly fuller cut but dipped low in the front to pull attention away from her slightly thickened waist.

Beth shrugged off her coat to show a black net tank top that had a bejeweled built in bra. A short black shirt framed her hips and the straps of a black thong peeked out from above the low dipped cut of the waist of the skirt. She smiled at the guys and moved over and took the arm of a surprised Billie Joe and maneuvered him to follow the hostess to a private room.

Mike stared at Beth walking away with Billie and almost didn't notice the woman beside him until she laced her fingers with his own. He started at the touch of warm skin against his own and turned to the smiling woman beside him. 'When in Rome,' he thought to himself as he allowed her to lead him in the direction Beth and Billie had disappeared.

Tre just stood there with a dumb look on his face at what was going on beside him. Jill moved next to him "Let's go Frank; I don't want to be here." Tre blinked and looked at his girlfriend as she tried to pull him back toward the door. Suddenly out of nowhere he seemed to find his ball again and stunned her with the words that came out of his mouth.

"No, I want to stay here; if you want to leave I'm sure Toby and Bill can see you home," he said as he gave a pointed look to the managers.

Jill stood with her mouth wide open in surprise at the drummer's words. She narrowed her eyes at him and without another word spun around on her heel and stomped out the door with the two managers trailing behind her getting the unsaid message that Tre had said. Tre smiled as Adie moved over to take his arm and they followed the others to the private room that the women had booked for the night.

When Tre and Adie joined the others in the private room they found that they had sat down in their current pairings. He allowed Adie to pull him over to a seat on the one side of Mike and Sabrina while Billie and Beth sat on the other. He frowned as he heard Sabrina giggle at something Mike had said, but he frown soon disappeared when Adie leaned into him and pressed her chest against his arm and leaned over.

Billie Joe was having a hard time thinking about what to order from the menu. He took a quick glance over at where his wife was sitting and raised his eyebrows at what he saw. He watched Adie leaning against Tre and purring something into the man's ear. A smile played on the front man's lips as he realized what in store for tonight; a night of flirting that nobody was going to get into trouble for. His smile grew wider as he leaned over Beth to point at something in her menu.

Beth acted surprised as Billie came into her personal space but smiled an evil smile and decided it was all or nothing payback time for the Halloween incident. When Billie's ear was in range of her mouth she leaned in and whispered, "Like the view?" Billie didn't answer her but pulled away a little to look at his own menu, a smile ghosting over his lips.

Mike and Sabrina sat quite close to each other, as close as could be without sitting on one's lap. Mike took a quick glance over to Beth and Billie when he heard the sound of her voice. A slight frown flitted across his face until he felt the pressure of a hand on his thigh. The tall man closed his eyes before turning his head back toward the person sitting next him. When he opened his eyes, Sabrina was engrossed in her menu. He took in the looks of the woman and smiled at his good fortune of knowing this beautiful creature next to him. He leaned in and let his breath graze Sabrina's ear and chuckled at her response. Her eyes closed and her breath hitched in her chest as a slight moan emanated from her throat. 'This is shaping up to be a good night' he thought to himself.

Tre jerked his head at the sound of Sabrina's moan and his whole body tensed. Adie felt the movement of his body and leaned in close and began to whisper things into the man's ear to draw his attention away from the couple next to them. It took a few minutes for his brain to realize what the older women was saying and when he did figure it out, the blood left his one brain and took up residence in his other. With the lose of blood also came the lack of caring about the others around him except the wonderful women sitting next to him.

As evening went on, the champagne flowed with all but one indulging in its bubbly embrace. Nobody noticed that Sabrina had barely touched the glass that was in front of her but rather opting for water instead. The woman watched in interest as the others fell into the sparkling trap of the alcohol. The more Mike drank the more attentive he was towards her until finally forgetting or ignoring the couple to their left.

Billie was transfixed by Beth's bosom that was barely held in check by the bejeweled bra she wore. The black of the bra set off the paleness of her twin orbs that seemed to swim before his eyes. As he was staring he nearly missed the sound of her voice that filtered through his champagne addled mind. "My eyes are up here," she said in a breathy voice that made Billie blink and bring his gaze upward only to be hypnotized by her plump ruby red lips. His eyes ended up rolling into the back of his head as Beth leaned over to whisper in his ear. He didn't even know what she said but was lost in her scent. At that moment in time he wasn't able to recognize that he breathing in a scent called Live or even realize it was from J.Lo.

After the meal had finally been cleared away, the couples brought their attention to the little stage that began at the far wall and went to the middle of the room. A gleaming brass pole dominated the end of the stage going from to ceiling, giving the talent something to work. A scantly clad woman appeared on the stage and made her way to the pole as 'Sexy Back' from Justin Timberlake filtered through the speakers that were hidden throughout the room. The woman danced to the techno like beat; not really attracting the full attention of the people in the room until she came down to the floor and began dancing in front of them.

Sabrina pulled out her money and tucked a hundred into the young women's g-string and whispered something in her ear. A smile and slight nod indicated that the woman understand what Sabrina had said. The dancer went over to both Beth and Adie and exchanged words and then quickly removed herself from the room. Not two minutes after the dance left the music changed and the sounds of Fergie's 'London Bridge' filled the air.

Adie walked over to the stage and climbed the steps to the men's surprise. She slinked her way down the stage and began to do a pole dance of her very own. Instead of dancing for her husband, she danced for the drummer. She locked gazes with him and moved her hips to the beat. As she danced, Beth moved her way back to Billie's side leaning over to again whisper in his ear, "What do you think of your wife dancing for someone else?"

Billie blinked and turned toward Beth and quickly snaked a hand up behind her head, pulling her close and grazed his lips over hers. "That's what I think," he murmured back to her.

When Adie finished up and without showing a thing, she came back to Tre's side and giggled as he pulled her onto his lap. The other couples watched him kiss her lips; effectually silencing her giggles and turning them into moans.

The driving drum beat of 'Closer' by Nine Inch Nails bullied its way into the room. With a slight smile Sabrina made the move to the stage and gracefully walked down to the pole. The woman pulsated her body in time with the beat and suddenly grasped the pole and swung her body around it as the vocals began. Sabrina had eye contact with Mike and lip-synched the words to the man as she worked the pole to her advantage showing off what god gave her along with the raging hormones that her pregnancy supplied. Mike's brain was dimly aware of what Sabrina was saying but his body understood it perfectly.

I wanna fuck you like an animal
I wanna feel you from the inside
I wanna fuck you like an animal
My whole existence is flawed
You got me closer to God


The song ended and Sabrina stalked her way back to Mike when a large gong crash sounded and a Bollywood style of music began to be played. Beth moved up to the stage to the strains of The Pussycat Dolls song 'Buttons'. The young woman moved as a belly dancer would; swaying her hips one way and her shoulders the other. Her body appeared to be two separate parts as she moved. Like Sabrina, Beth lip-synched to the words and it seemed as though she was throwing out a challenge to Billie Joe with the chorus.

I'm tellin' you loosen up my buttons babe (Uh huh)
But you keep frontin' (Uh)
Sayin' what you gon' do to me (Uh huh)
But I ain't seen nothin' (Uh)

I'm tellin' you loosen up my buttons babe (Uh huh)
But you keep frontin' (Uh)
Sayin' what you gon' do to me (Uh huh)
But I ain't seen nothin' (Uh)


Beth grasped the pole and worked it like it was a part of her body. Billie's eyes were glued to the young woman dancing before him. It seems as though everyone and the room included just melted away to leave him and the dancer as the only remaining bodies in the universe. His body reacted to the words as he rose up to accept the gauntlet thrown before him. He walked over to the stage and grabbed the woman from her perch and brought her crashing into his chest. "We're leaving NOW!" he said as he started walking from the room carrying her and leaving the others to scurry quickly and follow in his wake.

During the limo ride back to Sabrina's penthouse the three couples were in their own little world. Adie and Tre seemed to be making the most of their time together with the lips locking they were doing, and every now and again Tre's hand would disappear up Adie's thigh. Beth and Billie were enjoying each other's company immensely; Beth sat on his lap as they whispered dirty thoughts into each other's ears. Mike was still reeling from the shock he encountered as Sabrina grabbed his hand and ran it down her hips as she whispered in his ear, "I wonder what I forgot to put on today."

They finally all tumbled into the penthouse as Billie went and opened some more bottles of champagne as Tre grabbed glasses. Mike moved over to the stereo system and turned on the Satellite radio and soon top 40 tunes filled the room with its music. The men returned to their respected 'switched' dates and leaned back to enjoy what the night brought.

When Nelly Furtado's 'Promiscuous' started to play, Beth came upon a great idea. She stumbled to her feet and drained her glass of champagne. After wiping her mouth with the back of her hand she excitedly explained her idea, "Lap dances, the boys didn't get lap dances yet."

Adie smiled an evil grin at Tre and moved to join Beth in the center of the room. The two women turned to Sabrina as Mike whispered in her ear, "Dance for me." That was all the encouragement that Sabrina needed as she rose and joined Beth and Adie.

"Okay... who goes first?" Adie said.

"I will, and then you Adie and Sab last. That way we can all see a little bit of what's going on," Beth said with a devil may care grin. With the grin still plastered on her face she walked over to where Billie was seated on the chair. As she moved closer, she wound her hands up behind her head and through her hair letting it cascade down her back. Beth stopped within reach of Billie and pretended to drop something in front of her. With almost slow motion action she bent forward at the waist and gave the front man a full view of the 'Big Guns' and as she came back to an upright position, she dragged her hands up her legs.

Billie was beside himself but the sound of laughter drew his attention away from Beth and to Tre, who was laughing with Adie as she did a bump and grind knee jerk style. The dark haired woman was doing it on purpose since she knew that Tre was slightly warped. He saw his wife trying not to laugh as she resembled a person having a seizure rather than an exotic dancer like those at the club they were at earlier.

The laughter was interrupted by an "Oh my god..." being groaned from the other side of the room. Sabrina was on all fours and crawling towards Mike literally 'purring' like a cat. When she came up to his legs, she started to rub them just like the family cat would except that her ass was wiggling in the air. Mike closed his eyes and willed his body to stay in control. When he realized that wasn't happening he took matters into his own hand. He stood up and walked to Sabrina bedroom and with a finger beckoned the woman with a deep, "Here kitty, kitty..." Sabrina smiled and slinked her way over to the man, who when she got close enough picked up her and placing her over his shoulder; taking his prize into her room with a shutting of the door.

When the door shut, Billie brought his attention back to the woman in front of him. He stood up and came up behind her and pressed his body into hers from behind. There was no denying the effect Beth had on him in that position. Billie was raining kisses down the back of her neck and lightly dragging his hands down her shoulders and down her arms. Beth pulled back a little and smiled while pulling him toward the location of her room. Billie glanced over to where Tre and Adie were and saw Adie was straddling drummer's lap facing him and the two were engaged in a lip lock. When Beth tugged on his hand he left the room and followed the younger woman without another thought.

Once in her room, Beth moved toward her mattress which was positioned on the floor. He took a quick look around the room as he gravitated to her lips which seemed to beg for him to touch them. As he seemed to melt into her, something caught his eye; "Buddha..." he managed to get out in between their hot passionate kisses.

"Everyone... fat... gold... man... smells..." she replied as she claimed his mouth. Once the words left her lips, Billie growled and pushed her back onto her mattress.

Mike dumped Sabrina onto her bed and quickly shrugged off his jacket and unbuttoned his dress shirt while never breaking eye contact with her. When his shirt dropped to the ground, Sabrina jumped up and pushed him into the wall. She started to attack his neck and she heard Mike say something but it didn't register in her head until she nipped his neck and he said it again only louder.

"Beth..."

The older woman abruptly stopped what she was doing and took a step back from the man leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. The loss of contact of her from his body seemed to bring Mike back to the present. The look on her face sobered him almost instantly. "Sabrina..." he said trailing off as he reached out to touch her.

"Please... don't touch me..." she choked out taking another step backwards from the man.

Mike hung his head and felt like a total asshole. He knew that he had hurt her feelings with what he had said and his mind was reeling on trying to figure out what he could do to make it better. When he saw a tear escape one of her eyes and leave a wet trail down her cheek; he knew that this wasn't going to end well for the woman. Mere words weren't going to make it better.

"I'm sorry," he said to her back when she turned and walked over to her balcony.

She merely nodded her head at the sound of his voice, "I know Michael. I'm sorry for putting you in this situation. I should have known better. You really like her don't you?"

"Yea... I think I do..." Mike came up to Sabrina and placed his arm around her. She felt the weight of the man next to her and leaned into him with a deep sigh. They stood there looking out at the city lights for a while before the woman found her voice again.

"Let's go get her then Michael."

The two friends walked back into the living room to find an interesting sight; Tre and Adie were in a compromising position. "What the fuck?" Mike shouted to his best friend and his other best friend's wife. The two people sprung apart at the sound of the bass player's angry voice. "Jesus Christ Tre, this is Adie..."

The commotion from living room brought Beth and Billie back to the present. Beth shook her head and looked at the man next to her like she just now realized WHO it was. "Oh my god..." The tone in her voice made Billie stop and take stock at what happened. "Oh my god," she mumbled as she grabbed clothing to put on. The two got dressed in record time; Billie in his clothes from earlier and Beth in a pair of lounge pants and a t-shirt.

She walked out of her room with Billie right behind and the two made their way to the where a very pissed off Mike was screaming at the occupants of the living room. When Mike saw Billie and Beth sneaking into the room he lost it. He erased the distance between him and his best friend, backing him into a wall. "What the fuck dude?" the bassist screamed. "You're fucking married for Christ's sake, what the hell?"

Billie just stood there not saying a word. He looked past Mike and saw his wife of over 12 years sitting on the couch with a guilty look on her face, which made him feel a little better about what he had done. "So, how was she? She ride you good and hard? Did she scream your name when she came?" his friend screamed at him.

Billie blinked at Mike's words and with a start remembered something Beth had said. The front man paused before saying the next words which seemed to drain the anger from the taller man in one fell swoop, "No, but she did moan yours."

The room went quiet with the words that the raven haired man had spoken. Beth looked like a deer in the headlights glancing between Mike and Billie. When Mike started to make a move towards her, she turned tail and disappeared into her room with a slamming of the door. Mike watched her go and with a disgusted look towards his band members he then stalked off to his own room. Adie stood up to where Billie was and together they turned and walked silently towards their room also shutting out the world with the closing of a door.

Sabrina and Tre stood in the living room staring at each other. "Sooo..." Tre said rather sheepishly.

"Sooo here we are again..." she trailed off as they both remembered memories from another time. Tre moved toward Sabrina and took her hand in his own. She smiled at his touch and they looked into each other's eyes.

"I love you," he said as he brought her hand up to his mouth and kissed it.

"I know," she smiled sadly back to him. They both fell silent again just content in being in each other's presence.

"I'm preg...", "I really..." as the two adults both started to speak at the same time; they stopped and then chuckled at the silliness of the situation. "You first Tre," Sabrina said motioning for the younger man to speak.

"I really want to make it work with her. I do love her Sabrina, but there still is a piece of my heart that is yours," he said softly.

"Well if you love her then why are you here? You need to go to her."

Tre looked at the woman that he did indeed still love and then seeing the look on her face brought that familiar protective feeling washing through him. Instead of welcoming it, he steeled himself against it. "You're right... I need to get going," he said scratching the back of his head. He stepped closer to Sabrina and cupped her head with his hands and gently grazed her lips with his. "I meant what I said... you are a part of me, I love you." He turned away from her and started to walk towards the front door. Tre stopped and turned back around to face the woman again, "Wasn't there something you wanted to say?"

Sabrina swallowed back the lump in her throat, "No... it was nothing Tre... nothing at all." He nodded at her words and turned around again and left the penthouse.

Sabrina watched him leave before she went back into her room and walked out onto her balcony. She leaned against the railing and closed her eyes. She could still feel his lips on hers as she recognized the kiss for what it was... a goodbye kiss. He let her go in that kiss and she knew that things were never going to go back to how they were. A chapter had closed and a new one was to begin. Her clear voice started to sing the final lines of an old Dokken song.

Tried so hard to make you see
But I couldn't find the words
Now the tears, they fall like rain
I'm alone again without you


The words flowed from her, catching the breeze that swirled around her, lifting them to the sky and disappearing in the night.