It Can Only Get Better

is it true?

*Joey’s pov*

I looked down at Sophie as she slept, her head resting on my chest. She looks so peaceful, with her hair swept back from her face, her eyes closed gently, her skin shimmering slightly in the early morning sunshine that crept through the half-closed curtains. I love her with all my heart and I know she feels the same way. I lean down and kiss the top of her head, and she slowly opens her eyes. I stare into her eyes, and into her soul. This is how I want to wake up every morning for the rest of my life, it just feels so good, like nothing can go wrong as long as we are always together. She smiles gently, and places a soft kiss on my bare chest, before sitting up slightly, pulling on a shirt and leaving the room…

I looked up from my cup as Soph walked into the kitchen, she wanted to do the test on her own, in her own time, so I stayed in the kitchen, to give her space. She leant against the counter and looked at me,
“Joey,” she began, she looked at me for a few seconds, without saying anything. I reached over and took hold of her hand, and motioned for her to go on.
“Joey, I’m pregnant.” She said, with a small smirk on her face, like she didn’t know if she should be happy or upset about the news. I knew how she felt, I was in the same boat. Should I be happy that my seventeen year old girlfriend is pregnant, or upset? I feel happy, but I still don’t know. I looked at her again, she was smiling. I smiled softly and kissed her, then pulled her into a warm embrace. She pulled away after a while and wiped a few tears out of her eyes, although she was still smiling.
“Now, what shall we make for dinner?” she asked and opened the fridge.

*Mike’s pov*
I walked through the front door to a gorgeous smell of curry. Sophie rarely cooked, but when she did, she went all out. I walked into the dining room, to see the table set for three, with a few candles burning in the centre.
“Sophie, I’m home.” I said as I walked into the kitchen. Sophie was just throwing a few final ingredients into the pan, and Joey was washing a few dishes.
“Oh Soph, that smells lovely, is there anything I can do?” I asked,
“Well dad, you can go and get yourself a beer, and this will be ready in about 5 minutes.” She smiled. I did as she asked, grabbed a beer from the fridge and went to get cleaned up for dinner.

*Sophie’s pov*
“Joey, can you get dad for dinner?” I asked, and started to serve the food onto the plates. He nodded and left the room. I took the three plates into the dining room, and dad and Joey joined me.
“Sophie, can I ask you something, before we start?” dad asked as I handed around the bread, I nodded.
“I found something in the bathroom, and I need to ask you something, before I talk to Lisa. Are you pregnant?” I almost choked on my water, and looked over at Joey, then back to dad.
“Well, we were gonna wait for the right time to tell you, but ahm, yes, yes we are. We only just found out.” I replied slowly, as Joey help my hand under the table. “Why did you ask?”
“Oh, ahm, how many tests did you do?” he asked,
“One, but I’m gonna go to the hospital tomorrow and get it confirmed or denied. Why?”
“Oh, because I found two pregnancy tests in the trash can in the upstairs loo, and both are positive.” he smiled, “and if you only did one, then I guess Lisa’s pregnant.” He added, and tucked into his veggie curry, bran rice and home-made fries.

I smiled, so both me and Lisa are pregnant, at the same time. Well, this shall be fun.