Status: Updates are every other day.

A Young Girl's Dream

Chapter Two

"O-M-G, Leah, what do we do? That’s Billie!" I looked at her in total shock. My body trembled as I looked over at him just ordering coffee like a normal person.
"Let's go talk to him. This is a once in a lifetime chance that we would see him here." I rapidly shook my head no. She nodded hers yes, so I listened. I felt tears come to my eyes and silently told myself to stop, but I couldn’t. They were coming and they were going to fall.
We slowly walked over to him and stood beside him like we were waiting, too. Tears fell from my face as I hung my head.
“Stop it.” Leah whispered loud enough for me to hear.
“Dude, I can’t. It seriously won’t stop.” I smiled a little.
“Are you okay?” I heard a voice and shot my head up. I looked blankly into his eyes, mesmerized by the green oceans.
“She’s fine, aren’t you, Trish?” She said a little stern. I nodded at a snail’s pace.
“Well?” He said, waiting for something. Leah and I looked at each other, confused. I knew what he was waiting for.
“Can I have your autograph?” I said quietly, without looking at him.
“What was that?” He knew what I had said. I looked straight into his eyes.
“Can I have your autograph?” I asked him. He smiled and nodded his head.
“Of course. What’s your name?” I gently smiled.
“Trish. This is my friend, Leah.” I wrapped my arm around her.
“Trish, Leah. Where are you guys staying?” I was weirded out by the conversation.
“At the Lorez,” I paused. “Where are you staying?” I blushed a little.
“At the Hilton. How old are you girls?” Leah looked at me and her eyes sparkled.
“We’re nineteen.” He smiled.
“Not old enough to drink, but, uh, we’re having a small party and you girls look like a lot of fun. My room number is 430, if you want to come.” I felt tears again. This couldn’t be happening. “Why are you crying?” He chuckled.
I smiled. “I’m not, I’ve just, uh, I’m allergic to coffee.” I rolled my eyes at myself.
“You are allergic to coffee, but you come to a coffee shop?” I smiled because he knew I was lying. “So, you girls want to come?” We nodded slowly, acting normal. Inside of me was going insane and I just wanted to burst. “Well, I’ll see you ladies later.” He winked and walked away.

“Holy shit.” I looked at Leah who was about to cry herself. “At least you held it until he walked away.” We laughed. “I cannot believe this.”
“Me either! We’re going to a party with Green Day! Trish, this is more than our dream! This is literally what we think about every night before we go to bed!” I smiled even bigger thinking about Billie being near me. My stomach tightened with the thought.

We got back to our hotel just in time to get ready. I buttoned my shorts and slid on my shirt as I looked in the mirror. Leah walked up beside me and smiled at my reflection.
“We look awesome. Ready?” I nodded, having a really good feeling.

We got to the concert and waited two hours in a long-ass line. I looked around and saw people with green mohawks and tattoos on their face. Everyone smelled of cigarettes and whiskey. It eventually made me throw up in my mouth a little.

“Finally.” Leah said as she grabbed my hand and led me to the door. We walked into the Arena and looked up at the high ceilings. They were beautiful. The guy punched our tickets and we entered the concert hall.
“A lot smaller than what I imagined.” I said to Leah who was in a daze. We sat in our seats and patiently waited.

After about an hour, the lights dimmed. Everyone had their beer, sloshing it around dancing to no music. It got silent. The Ramones, “Hey, Ho, Let’s Go,” played over the speakers. I got giddy inside and clapped vigorously. Billie, Mike, Tre, and Jason ran out of the back and onto the stage. Everyone cheered and screamed, including us. The first song they sang was, ’99 Revolutions,’ which was a pretty good song. I liked it, anyway. People were throwing their clothes on stage and Tre put half of them on. I laughed so hard at him.

After three hours of screaming and aye-ohs, they said goodnight to Chicago and it was over. Not for us, though. It was only just beginning.