Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 34- Maybe We Could Go Somewhere?

Cristiano’s Pov

“I can’t wait for our night out tomorrow” Nani says as we lounge around in our hotel room. “I’m thinking more about the game” I mumble. “Are you ok?” he asks. “Yeah I’m just tired” I say. “How’s the family” he asks. “Good” I say. Elma still didn’t believe me about Lucy. Thankfully Máe had believed me. She was more worried about how Lucy was then if we had had a fight.

“I’m going to get that video game from Wazza. Back in a second” Nani says as my phone rings. Lucy was ring me. “Hi” I say. “Hey” she says. “Are you ok?” I ask “Well Lucy didn’t want to talk to me but I have made a new friend with a lovely bottle of wine” she says giggling. “I’m sorry she didn’t talk to you. You should go to bed” I say. “Don’t worry Josh will put me to bed soon” she says giggling again. I bet he would love to put her to bed I think as she hangs up.

2-0 win. Not a bad result. Wonder what Lucy will make of the result? As I head to find my family I hear my phone buzz. “Congrats” the text wrote. Lucy. “Thanks. Didn’t know if you would still speak to me” I text. “Still haven’t decided if I will continue):” she replies. “You look happy, Ronnie boy whose texting you” Rio says walking up to me. “We won of course I’m happy” I say.
“Miss me much?” I text Lucy back. “Missed your bed yes” she replies. As long as she slept I don’t care if she missed me. “We are staying another night so I’ll speak to you tomorrow” she texts.

“What’s with the frown?” Máe asks as she comes over to me. “Nothing. Lucy’s not coming back tonight” I say. “Well you spend time with your friends and she can spend time with hers. It might do her good. She looked very tired the other day” she says. “I know Máe. I’ll keep an eye on her” I say. “I know you will” she says.

Later that night I head to Alderley Edge with Jorge, Nuno and Zé. “Boys night out” Zé says. “Let’s find Nuno a woman” Jorge jokes. “And chill out Cris” Zé says. “Are you sure you and Lucy aren’t fighting?” he says. “Yes” I say walking into the club.

“Hey ignore him. He’s just trying to wind you up” Jorge says as we walk behind Zé and Nuno. “I know” I say. “It’s going great. Your Máe loves that you are all loved up” Jorge says. I give a look.
“It’s a pity she’s not here this weekend though. I would have loved to see the two of ye together. Since the last time I saw her she wanted to throw things at you” he says. “She’s stop doing that anyway. Well sort of” I say.

“Speaking of Lucy. Be discreet tonight” he says. “What?” I say. “Tonight when you pick up a chick. Don’t get papped” he says. “A chick” I say. “Come on Cris. I don’t expect you to ignore women during this whole fake relationship. Just don’t get caught” he says walking away.

Is Jorge right? It is a fake relationship. Heck I’m sure Lucy is cosying up to Josh right now. “Hey Ronnie check Nani out” Wayne says pointing to Nani on the dance floor with some blonde. “You should show him how the master picks up girls” Wayne jokes. “Think I’ll leave him too it” I say taking a seat in the VIP section and check my phone. “No reception mate” Wayne says. “Sorry” I say. “You won’t get any phone reception here. I’ve just been outside to ring Coleen” he says. “She keeping tabs on you” I joke. “No I hadn’t spoken to her since this morning. We keep missing each other” he says. “Where is she gone” I ask. “London with some friends. She told me to have some fun with the boys” he says. “Everyone seems to be in London this weekend” I mumble and he raises his eyebrows. “Never mind. Don’t have too much fun without her” I say. “I’m been a good boy tonight. I’m leaving all you single boys have all the fun. No harm in looking though” he laughs. “Only looking” I ask. “Oh ya. Coleen is the one for me and I’m not going to mess her around” he says.

“It must be nice” I say. “What’s nice?” he asks. “To have someone you care about” I say. “Wow don’t tell me Mister ladies man wants to give up all the women falling at his feet for just one girl” he jokes. “Stanger things have happened” I whisper but Wayne is now talking to Rio.
“Hey why aren’t you with Nani. He’s surrounded by a bunch of women” Rio asks drinking a bear. I look over to Nani who was trying his best to chat up one of the women. “Time for the Master to let the student out on his own. Right Ronnie” Wayne says. “Think the master Ronnie is needed” Rio says jestering to Nani who now was covered in the woman’s drink. “Why don’t you go help him” I say looking at my phone.

“Josh will take me to bed” Lucy had giggled last night as she drank alone with him. Yeah I bet Josh wanted to take her to bed. Who wouldn’t? Lucy is gorgeous, beautiful, sexy and not my girlfriend.

“Hi can I sit here” a voice says and I look up to see a blonde dressed in a short blue dress standing beside me. “Sure” I say. “I’m Mel” she says. “Cristiano” I say shaking her hand. “Congrats on you win today” she says. “Thanks” I say. “You waiting for someone to call” Mel says pointing to the phone in my hand. I look at all the guys around having fun. Some were single and some were not. I was in the first category.

“No. I have no one special” I say and she smiles. “That’s good” she says placing her hand on my knee. “What do you do” I ask placing my hand behind her on the couch. “I’m a model” she says. “And a beautiful one at that” I say and she leans into me. “Fancy a drink” I ask. “I thought you’d never ask” she laughs and I head to the bar.

“She’s cute” Jorge says behind me as I stand at the bar. “She’s a model” I say. “Of course she is. Funny how every chick is a model these days” he grumbles. “What’s up with you” I ask. “Nani is been an idiot around women” he says and I laugh. I take the drinks and begin to head to the bar. “Hey Cris. Remember what I said don’t get caught. I don’t want to explain to your Máe why you were paped with a girl” he says. “I heard you” I shout back and leave him. “I’m glad we came out tonight” Nuno says as I pass him. “Why” I ask. “I love your sisters but they can be a bit annoying at times” he says. “At times” I say. “Don’t get me wrong I love them and all but they don’t let us do anything. At least Lucy likes to watch football and doesn’t complain” he says. “Yeah she doesn’t” I mumble. “Anyway forget about them. Enjoy yourself. I see you found a new friend” he says pointing to Mel. “I’m just been nice” I say. “Hey doesn’t matter to me. You are technically single” he says. “Yeah I am. Hey keep an eye on Zé will you. He’s drinking too much” I say and he nods.

“I thought you forgot about me” Mel says as I arrive back to her. “How could I forget about you” I smile and she laughs and traces my cheek with her fingers. “Are you going to ask me to dance” Mel asks. “I don’t dance” I laugh. “Really” she says. “Don’t look at me like that. My own mother can’t get me to dance” I say. “That’s a pity I was looking forward to showing you my moves” she says tracing her fingers up and down my thigh. I smile at her and sip my drink and she laughs. She was a stunning girl.

“It’s very crowded here isn’t it” Mel says. “Lots of people having fun” I say. “Maybe we could go somewhere more private to chat” she says moving closer to me. “That sounds like a good idea” I say. “My place or yours” she asks. “Yours” I say and she quickly stands up.

Jorge was right. I’m single and Mel was a stunning girl.

“Let’s go” she whispers into my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can Cristiano be discreet? Or will someone see him?