Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 94- Making Amends

Cristiano’ Pov

Stupid Nuno. I hate to admit it but he’s right. We weren’t pretending these last few weeks. Well I wasn’t anyway. I guess I was just afraid to admit that I wanted Lucy in case she didn’t want me. I smile. But she does. I’ve got Lucy, now I just have to sort out the mess that his my family. I stop outside Máe’s bedroom. I don’t know what to say or do. I just know if I don’t at least try and sort it, I’ll end up regretting it. Well so Lucy has made me realize. I take a deep breath and knock on the door.

I open the door slowly. “Hi” I say as I look at three of the most important people in the world turn to face me. “Can I take to you?” I ask. “We don’t want to talk to you” Elma says sitting on the bed. “Elma” Máe says sharply. “Don’t Elma me. Didn’t you hear what he said last night? He can’t just think everything can be fine after that” she says. “I just want to talk” I say looking at Máe. “I’m sorry” she says to me. “Why are you apologising to him?” Elma asks. “She’s right Máe. I’m the one that should be apologising for what I said and how I acted last night” I say closing the door behind me and moving closer to her. “I never wanted to you find out like that” she says sitting on the edge of the bed. “Stupid Hugo” Katia says and I smile in agreement. I pull up a chair and sit in front of them.

“Last night I said things I didn’t mean to all of you. And I’m sorry” I say. “You said some horrible things Cris” Katia says. “I know and not just to you” I say remembering all things I said last night. “Please don’t tell me you upset Lucy” Máe asks. “I did but we’re ok now” I say. “Cristiano” she says. “Really Máe. Lucy and I are fine” I say. More than fine I think and smile. “Look what I’m trying to say is that I was angry. Angry that I was the last to know. Angry that you’ve replaced Papi” I say. “Cristiano, I’m not replacing him” Máe says. “I know. I know, it’s just that I guess it still hasn’t hit me that he’s never going to be around anymore. Even after a year” I say. “Oh Cris, we all feel like that” Elma says placing her hand on my shoulder. “Cris we only recently found out about Andrade , I promise” Katia says. “We didn’t want to upset you. We were here to get to know Lucy. You were so happy and we didn’t want anything to change that” she says. “I was going to tell you son, I promise” Máe says.

“I know. It’s just a shock” I say. “For me too. I never thought I’d met someone that wasn’t your father” Máe says. “What’s he like this Andrade guy anyway?” I ask through gritted teeth. I notice Elma and Katia smile at each other. “You really want to know?” Máe asks. “I guess. But it doesn’t mean I’m going to be his best mate anytime soon with the guy” I say crossing my arms.

“He’s a lovely, sweet caring man. We met after church one day. The more I spoke to him the more I wanted to be in his company” she says smiling. “We haven’t met him yet in case you were wondering” Elma says. “But I’d like you all to” Máe says. “You might have to give me some time before that can happen Máe” I say and she nods. “I agree with Cristiano. We should take things slow” Katia says. “I’ll always love your father” Máe says. “Does he make you happy?” I ask. “Very much so” she says. “Well then I guess that’s all that matters” I say and I stand to give her a hug. “Thank you son” she says hugging me closely.

“Just remember, when I do meet him, I won’t go easy on him. If he’s not good enough for you I’ll be letting him know” I say and they all laugh. “Right we should all get packing” Elma says. “I am sorry about all the things I said last night” I say. “We know” Katia says. “And I’m sorry you found out the way you did. I’ll be having words with your brother” Máe says. “I have to admit, I’m surprised you haven’t hit Hugo this week. He’s being a right dick to you lately” Elma says. “Elma language” Máe says. “What he has. He’ been annoying Cris on purpose” Katia says. “I promised I wouldn’t fight Hugo. And I didn’t want to upset Máe” I say. “Promised who?” Elma asks smirking at me.

“Lucy” I mumble. “Actually taking a girlfriends advice. Someone must be special” Elma says. “She’s a good one Cris. I’d hold onto her if I was you” Katia says. “I intend to” I say turning towards the door.

“Cristiano” Máe says coming up beside me. “Did you mean what you said about me being happy?” she asks as I turn to her. “Ya I did. Lucy and I were talking and she made me realize that if I can be happy, then you should be aloud to be happy. Just give me time to get my head around everything” I say. “Katia is right. Don’t let Lucy go. I had my reservations when I heard you had a new girlfriend so soon after Merche. But after meeting Lucy and spending time with her, I’ve seen how the two of you are together. She fits with you. She fits in this family” Máe says. I look at Máe. Ya what she’s saying is right.
“I know Máe. Trust me now I have her, I don’t intend to let her go” I say kissing Máe’s cheek. “Now go pack” I say and leave the room.

A couple of hours later, I am standing outside with Lucy. We are watching as the car gets filled with suitcases. “Can I get a hug goodbye buddy” I ask Rodrigo who has his arms wrapped around Lucy’s neck as she him. “No” he says and hides his head in Lucy’s hair. “Don’t worry Cris. You’ll won’t have to share her now” Katia says. “Think he’ll miss Lucy more than anyone” I say to my sister. “And I’ll miss him. Won’t I Rodrigo?” Lucy says kissing his forehead. “It was a nice week. Thanks for putting up with us” Katia says. “It was lovely having you all around” Lucy says handing Rodrigo to his mother. I look at Lucy and I know she means what she is saying. I know she’ll miss them.

“Jezz what is it with you lot. It’s not like we won’t see each other again. We’ll be back soon” Elma says. “Goodbye Elma” Lucy says hugging her. “See you soon Cris” Zé says smacking my back with his hand. “Lucy. It’s been great” he says kissing her cheek. “Even when I beat you in pool” she says. “Even that. She’s a smart lady Cris” he says to me. “He was bount to find one eventually. He’s been through enough” Hugo says as he passes us on his way to the car. “And I intend to keep her” I say pulling Lucy closer to me.

“Better make it Christmas, Zé” Lucy says. “Christmas” Zé asks confused. “You wanted to know when to get me a baseball bat. I think Christmas. You never know when I might use it” she says. Zé laughs.“Have a safe flight Hugo” Lucy says waving to my brother.

“I like her” he says and heads to the car. “Something we all agree on” Máe says. “I look forward to seeing you again Lucy. Make sure these two stay out of trouble” she says looking between Nuno and I before hugging Lucy. “She will” Nuno says. “Thanks for everything” Máe says hugging me. “Your welcome here any time Máe” I say. “Not for that” she says and I know she means what I said about giving her new relationship a chance.

“We’ll speak soon” Lucy says.

We watch as the car drives off. “Come on let me hear it” Nuno says. “Here what?” I ask. “Let me hear you call me a genius” he says. “A genius for what?” Lucy asks. “For coming up with this plan. Any time you want you can thank me you can” he says smugly.

“Nuno I want to thank you” Lucy says. “For being a muppet. Now which one of your lovely men is making me lunch” she asks walking back to the house. “Thank you Nuno” I say as we follow her. “I was joking Cris” he says. “I know. But I mean it” I say.

If he hadn’t come up with the plan for Lucy to be my girlfriend, then we might never have got together.

“Hey Cris, I’m glad things worked out. You deserve Lucy” Nuno says to me. “You think?” I ask. “Sure and it’s not like it cost you anything. Well maybe a car” he says laughing. “Soup ok for lunch” Nuno asks Lucy who was sitting on the couch with Marcosa. “Fine by me” she says smiling back at him.

I take a seat next to Lucy and she cuddles up close. I kiss her head. It’s being a crazy few months. But everything is working out good I think as Lucy giggles at the TV.
♠ ♠ ♠
So now Cristiano has sorted things out with his mother and sister, it’s time for him and Lucy to enjoy been a couple. But how will other react to the news that they are no longer pretending.

I know this story has been going on for forever but I think everyone waited long enough for these two to get together for real, that I owe it you all and to them to write about them as a real couple.

Therefore I’m not ending the story just yet and there will be a few more chapters.

Thanks to Jayme112234 and ariana aemming for all their comments.