Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 97- Meeting The Friends

Lucy’s Pov

“You as shocked as Josh is?” Elena asks as I drive. “I know we’ve been waiting so long for Tina to come home. But now she is I don’t know how” I say. “How to react?” she says. “Yes. We’ve been through so much. I’m just frightened that things won’t be the same” I say. “Sometimes change is good” Elena says. “Maybe. I know Josh is worried about her going back on drugs” I say. “Well we just have to make sure she doesn’t. How does Cristiano feel about her coming back?” she asks.

How does he feel?

“He just wants me happy” I say. “How do you think she will react?” Elena asks. “Who knows? Cris thinks I should wait before I tell her but I hate lying to her” I say. “Some house” Elena says as I pull up in front of Cris’s house. “Ya it is. Come on. Let’s go inside” I say opening the door. “Hello” I shout as Elena and I walk down the hall. “Kitchen” I hear him shout.

“Hello” I say walking over to him as he stood by the cooker. “Hello” he says kissing me. “Hello Cristiano” Elena says. “Hey Elena. How are you?” he asks. “Good” she says. “Elena has a meeting with a client around here later this evening so I said she could hang out with us while she waits” I say to Cris. “If you don’t mind” Elena says to Cris. “The more than merrier. Fancy something to eat?” he asks her. “Sure” she says. “Bit late to be meeting clients?” Cris asks Elena. “Well he’s an important client” she says. “And makes you lots of money” he jokes. “That too” she laughs. I watch the tow of the talk and laugh. It’s nice to see.

“How long till the food is ready?” I ask Cris. “About ten minutes” he says. “I’m going to show Elena the rest of the house” I say kissing his cheek and I grab Elena’s arm and guide her up the stairs. “Can he like you anymore?” she asks as I head into the closet. “Oh shut up” I say. “Nice room. So this is where you managed to not touch him for so long” she says. “Well we are making up for that” I say grinning as I come out to find her sitting on the bed. “Oh please that’s way too much information” she says.

“How are things with Jack?” I ask. “Oh ask about my love life to get me to stop talking about yours. Very clever” she says. “No I wasn’t” I say. “He’s fine. Bit nervous about dinner on Saturday” she says. “Don’t know why Josh wants us all to have dinner together” I say. “Probably wants to enjoy the calm before the storm” she says. “Don’t say that. Please. I’m worried enough as it is about Tina’s reaction to coming home” I say.

“It will be fine” she says. “I hope so. Come on, let’s see if Cris’s cooking has improved” I joke. “You have a beautiful home Cristiano” Elena says as we sit at the kitchen table. “Thank you” he says. “Although I’m surprised you haven’t had to build another wardrobe for all Lucy’s clothes” she laughs. “Hey you are one talk. You are as bad as me” I say to her.

“So how annoyed is Josh now that Tina has told him she’s not staying at his when she comes back” Elena asks. “Still a little put out. Not that he’ll admit it. He did want her to live with him for a while. But she wants thinks to be normal” I say. “And normal is living with you” Elena says. “Exactly. I must go see if the place is still standing. I haven’t been there in a while” I say smirking at Cris. “Wonder what’s been distracting you?” Elena asks grinning.

"What can I say? It’s not my fault she finds me irresistible ” he says. “I managed to find you not irresistible for a long time” I say. “Ah but that was during a moment of madness. Thankfully you have seen sense now” he says. I roll my eyes.

“See this is what Josh needs to see” Elena says. “What?” I ask. “You and Cristiano acting all cute and sweet together. Then he’ll relax about you two dating” she says. “He still doesn’t like me and her dating?” Cris asks. Jezz thanks Elena.

“He just needs to spend time with you. Hell he doesn’t really like Jack. And he and other guys at my firm work with him” she says. “Great” Cris mumbles. “Well you and Jack can stick together on Saturday night” she says. “Saturday night?” he asks. “Thanks Elena. I was going to bring that up later” I say to her. I turn to look at Cris.

“Josh wants us all to have dinner with him on Saturday night” I say. “That I got” he says. “But you have a match so you don’t have to go” I say. “Hell no. If Jack and I have to sit through it then you two do” Elena says. “We’ll be there Elena” Cris says and places a kiss on my forehead.

“You sure about this” I ask Cris as we stop outside Josh’s front door. “Yes for the millionth time. Relax. It will be fine” he says. I laugh. “What’s so funny?” he asks. “Just takes me back to the dinner with your teammates. You said that would be fine too” I say. “And it was. Well apart from Rio been a muppet” he says. “Let’s not think about that” I say.

The last thing I needed was to picture Cris and that girl in the club.

“Hey I thought I heard voices” Luke says as the door swings opens. “Hey Lukey” I say giving him a hug. “Luke this is Cristiano” I say to him. “Well it’s lovely to meet the reason this one is so happy lately” he says and I roll my eyes. “Just don’t say she’s smitten” Cris says laughing. “It’s nice to meet you Luke” he says shaking Luke’s hand. “Come on in. Elena and Jack are running late so you’re here first” Luke says.

“Bet Josh is happy about that” I say. He hates people turning up late. “You think the fact that his sister is coming home, he would be less of a grump” Luke says. “I’m not a grump” I hear Josh shout as we walk to the kitchen. “Yes you are. But don’t worry we still love you” I say kissing his cheek and handing him the brownies I made. “Why do I like you again?” he asks. “Who wouldn’t like me?” I say to Cris and he smiles. “True” he says. “Hello again Cristiano” Josh says. “Thanks for having us for dinner” Cris says shaking his hand. Ok this is weirder than I thought.

I know Josh only cares about me. But I just hope he doesn’t give Cris a hard time.
♠ ♠ ♠
How will the dinner go? Will Josh be nice to Cristiano?

Thanks to Jayme112234 and kalamnamuhs123 for their comments.