Status: New story

I Don't Believe in Fairies, So How Am I One?

Gold Wings Part 1

Sleeping that night, I dream of the past of being a child. I sit on dad lap, as he reads to me. He always did that when I was little. I can see him doing that for his new child.

Watching him read to my younger self, sorry fills my heart. I missed him and it was killing me, that I have to stay away from him. "Dad," I whisper and by the sound of my voice he looks up at me and smiles. "Can you see me?"

He looks back down at my younger self and holds the book up higher so I can see the image of the front of the book. It's about Fairies in a world of four elements. A castle is in the center of all four elements of the land.

"That it, isn't it?" my dad looks up at me again. "It's in a book. It would be the best kept secret of all and not just anyone could get in there. Am I right?" I can't help but talk to my dad, I want to hear his voice over a whisper. I want him to talk to me, like he did before he got married again.

"Your mother gave it to you before she died. The last defence, in case anything would happen. Your last stage of Fairie groth will completed there."

"How do I get in the book?"

He gives me a smile, as he picks up my young self and puts the book down on the chair. "Sorry darling, but I don’t know. But I will tell you something, that I hope that will be of use,"

"What?" my heart pounds in my ears.

"It's here at home, waiting for you."

I watch as he turns away, goes to the stairs and goes up them. As he gets closer to the top, everything is over taken by a bright light. Then I wake up.

Sitting up, my heart pounds in my ears. I run my fingers through my hair. -I have to go back. I have to get the book and face what I ran away from.-

****

The sun starts to come up, when I finely get out of bed. After the dream, from last night; sleep never came.

Getting up, I dress in a blank tank top and shorts.

Joning everyone in the kitchen, the old woman looks at me. "So find where you need to be?"

I shake my head, as I pick up a roll. "I have to go back to the human realm," I tell them.

"When do you want to go?" Jake asks, as he stands up.

"I think this is something I have to do alone," I tell him.

"You have a really bad track recored doing stuff by yourself." he points out.

Biting into the peace of roll, I don’t look back at him. He had a point and I hate that he does. "This is no time to be stubborn girl." she tells me.

I look back at Jake and then at Kimmy. "Fine, but stay hidden," I tell them, then I finish off the roll.

***

Ariving back in the human relm. Jake and Kimmy stay hidden, as I walk to the front door of my old out. "You should be hidden," Kimmy whispers to me.

"It won't solva anything right now," I tell her, then I knock on the door.

A minute or two passes, until the front door opens and wouldn’t you know who opens the door. "Audrey?" the step monster eyes are big, but I can see the monster in her eyes. She is a hunter that will kill me.

"Is my dad here?" I ask her, as a chill goes down my spin.

A baby cries some where in the house. "No, he's at work," she glances around me. "Do you want to come inside?" she steps aside.

Someone tugs on my hair lightly, letting me know that we are no longer alone. "Yes please," we all quickly step inside the house quickly. She closes the door behind us and locks it. But why would she lock it? Did she just want to kill me herself?

"Do you want me to call him? I know he will rush home right away," she tells me, as she goes into the living room.

"Go look for the book, be quite as possible," I whisper to Jake and Kimmy, then I join the step monster. "No, I don’t want to bother him." I tell her.

"What have you been up to? You know, it is wrong of you to hide as you have. Your father has bairly slept," she scops up the new child.

Guilt swollos my heart. Though I guess I shouldn’t be surprised she would hit me with a low blow. "We all need to find out who we are," an unseen figure pulls on my hair, letting me know they found the book. "Tell me something,"

She bounces her child making him giggle. "What is that?"

"Why did you let me live, if you knew what I am?"

An evil smile crosses her lips. "Because, if I had done it right away, they would had known who did it," the front door lock clicks and then the entry way is rushed in with hunters. The one that is leading them, makes my heart hurt. "But you are a run away, no one would be surprised if you ended up dead."