‹ Prequel: Glitch

007

Bleeding but Alive

Dean struggled against the weight of No Face. the EVO was leaning in, trying to throw the teenager off balance. However Dean took advantage of the and dropped, rolling out of the way. The EVO face-planted and snarled at Dean. Before he could rise, Trey barreled into him, causing No Face to tumble into the wall. He hissed at the guy and attacked again.
Dean got caught by Knockout, who wrapped a wire around the teenager's throat. "Surprise, kitty cat" Knockout cackled. Dean dropped and risked letting go of the wire to strike at his attacker. Five had beat him to it. A strum of guitar echoed through the rain and Knockout yelped. Dean took a much needed breath and stood up, nodding at the girl.
"no problem, love." She said and elbowed Knockout in the face. He went down hard, coughing. "That was a cheep shot. No fair"
"We don't play fair" Six said and stood over him.
"Ok, ok, I give!" Knockout actually started to cry. "Just don't kill me man! I'll be good!"
"How pathetic" Five said and hit him in the head.
Before Knockout fully lost consciousness, Dean walked over and shook his head. "Knockout is a fitting name for you. You get knocked out... a lot" He tied the guy to the pole that held up the building's metal overhang.
"Six!" Five shouted as the agent was thrown to the wall by No Face. On of his katanas shot into the ground, getting stuck there, the other lay beside Six.
Five and Dean attacked but the girl was kicked into the wall. She yelped and hit the EVO hard. He was already 'superman' as Rex so eloquently put it. So his hits were hard as steel. No Face fell backwards and growled at Dean. He got up but was trapped by Trey in backwards bear hug.
"You's gonna pay for dat" Trey said. No Face used his smaller hand to claw at the mercenary's side and Trey dropped him in surprise. "OW. Ooh, no you didn't!"
Six was up and went back to assist Trey. Dean help Five inside. She was awake, but dizzy on her feet.
"You stay here" Dead said, knowing she probably wouldn't listen. Dean focused hard and became invisible and went back out to fight. Trey was against the wall with a huge scratch across the side of his face, No Face was facing Six, his back against Dean.
The agent was weakening; the fight with Dos and IV was already wearing on him. Dean walked right up to the EVO and tapped him on the shoulder. He became visible, just as No Face turned. "This is, for my friends" Dean said and hit No Face in the stomach, just as Knockout did to Six, weeks ago in the petting zoo. No Face stumbled backwards, crying in pain. Six took advantage of this distraction delivered the final blow. No Face fell, never to get up again.
Dean took a step back, surprised, and even a bit afraid of Six. However, Dean was kind of glad, No Face was dead. This EVO was to dangerous to just keep locked up.
The Providence ship that Six called finally came down. Dean looked over at the building and saw Five and Trey standing just outside the door. "You guys need to head out before Providence sees you"
"We're gonna deal with IV and Dos" Trey said.
"They won't be able to move once we're done with them" Five added.
"Just be careful guys" Dean said.
"Stop with the sentimental stuff, Seven. It's embarrassing." Five scolded.
Dean looked away and smiled shyly. "Sorry"
Trey laughed and Five scuffed. "We'll be fine."
Dean nodded his farewell and the 2 mercenaries left, the rain covering their trail.
He turned and walked back towards the Providence ship. Rex and Holiday were running over to Six but Rex stopped when Holiday told him something. So he walked over the Dean.
"What was that about?" Dean asked.
"She wants me to make sure you're alright" Rex rolled his eyes.
"That's for caring" Dean said sarcastically.
"What happened?" Rex asked.
"Six ran into Dos and IV. The hard way. Then these morons came looking for trouble" Dean explained.
Rex laughed at Knockout, who was sobbing.
Dean laughed." He's pathetic" His smile faded when he noticed Rex looking No Face. "Wasn't me"
Rex's eye went wide and he looked across the street at Six. "Six did this?"
"He's still you partner" Dean said.
Rex's eye fell.
"Let's get out the rain" Dean said. "It's cold, and I'm wet and I just wanna go home"
Rex chuckled. "Good idea. I already took a show this morning" They walked towards the ship, not paying much attention to Six anymore. Holiday had that covered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Six!" holiday ran over after telling Rex to check on Dean. "Six what happened?" She helped him up and offered to let him lean on her for support. He looked terrible. The fight with Dos and IV had already taken its toll and add the fight with No Face on top of that... Six was exhausted.
"I'm fine" Six said and straightened up. He grimaced against the various cuts and bruises. He took off his jacket and put it on Holiday's shoulders in an attempt to shelter her from the rain. "I'm just tired" He said.
Holiday put a hand on his shoulder and did a quick check to make sure he wasn't severely injured. Her eyes rested on his katana, the rain washing away the blood. She became a little frightened. "Six... what... what happened?" She asked letting his shoulder go.
"Rebecca," Six said. He could see the slight fear in her eyes. Six reached up and put the back of his hand on her cheek. He leaned forward and gently kissed her on the lips, reassuring her that he was still the same Six that she knew... and loved. Not a mercenary like Dos and the others.
When Six pulled back holiday smiled at him. "Come on, let's go home" She helped him back to the ship and they headed back to base.