Jack Frost in the World of Elven

3

Uh… hi… Nora” Jack said pleasantly surprised at the hug. He looked at his friend and saw the marks. “What happened?” he asked thinking they were burns.
“I’ve grown up. In my land, when an Elven receives their marks they are ready to go their separate path from their parents.”
“Really?” Jack asked. “they’re not burns?”
Nora giggled. “No silly I haven’t been burned. It’s kind of like when a lion get his mane.”
“Cool” Jake said. “Why are they on your eyes? Does Chiron have then too?”
“He does” said Nora. “But they’re on his side. My people say that when an Elven receives their makes on the face that they are destined for great thinks”
“That’s awesome!” Jack said. “Oh did you see that I froze the lake for you?”
“How could I not, Silly! It’s so beautiful!” Nora exclaimed. “Can… can I walk on it?”
Jack paused for a second. “You should be able to. I’ve made it strong enough.” He reached for Nora’s hand.
She grabbed it and slowly joined her friend on the ice. “Whoa” She said as she almost slipped then laughed at herself. “This is fun” she said as she started to gain her balance.
After a while, Jack got Nora to have some fun. He got her skating around the ice in her sneakers. They spent the day just messing around. Jack even got her to have a snowball fight with the kids next door. It was really just a day of fun. Every day, Nora went to spend time with Jack and every day they became closer and closer. By the time winter had ended Nora really didn’t want Jack to leave. She had come to love the winter bringer and she wanted to stay with him. As he went to leave she grabbed his hand. “Jack, can I come with you?”
“I wish you could” he said. “But I don’t know how?”
“Let me take Lion” Nora said. “I could come with you”
Jack smiled. “You’re gonna break the rules?”
“You said rules are made to be broken” Nora retorted and kissed Jack on the cheek” I’m gonna go get Lion” She ran off to where her pet was kept. Jack laughed. “Who’s the rebel now?”
As Nora saddled her pet, her brother Chiron walked in. “Father is not happy that you didn’t tell him you were leaving.”
Nora gasped as her father walked in from behind her brother. “Noruinivel, are you sure you want to do this?”
“Yes Father, I am sure. I’ve always wanted to be in the north and now I have a reason to go. He is my friend and I would like to go with him and explore all of the winters” Nora answered.
“Very, well” Her father said. “I trust you Noruinivel. Please don’t do anything foolish.” He embraced his daughter and kissed her forehead. “I wish you well” As he left, Chiron turned to his sister. “Noruinivel, you know you can’t be with him. He is immortal and you are not. If you fall in love, what will happen when you die? He will stay alive, you know that, Noruinivel do not make that mistake”
“I’m not in love Chiron” she snapped. “So don’t worry.” She sighed and looked at her brother. “and even if I am it doesn’t matter” she mounted Lion. Chiron sighed, “Be careful with your heart Nora” he thought.
Nora rode out of her small town and Jack flew overhead. They were on their way to bring winter to other areas and were having fun… together.