Animal Magnetism

Chapter 7

It has been two whole weeks since Logan and I started dating, no one has noticed that we have. Any time we both have time away from the others we hang out in his room since no one enters it. The bad feeling I had seems to be getting worse and every time I try to get rid of it, it keeps coming back. Logan is getting really concerned and keeps giving me worried glances. I smile back to show I'm ok.

Today marks the middle of July; of course classes are over now and have been for awhile now. I have had nothing to do all day even if it's only one o' clock. I could go hang out with my friends but that would be too much effort in getting up off my windowsill. I looked at my watch and at that exact moment Logan knocked on the door and walked in. As he closed the door I walked over to him and gave him both a hug and kiss in which he returned. I then buried my head in his chest before he spoke to me.

"How about we go and do something?"

"Sure Logan what do you have in mind?" I said pulling away but keeping my hands on his waist and looking into his eyes.

"Well you know that lake down near the end of the property, (this is where I shook my head yes) I was thinking you and I could go sit down there, maybe go swimming." He said casually.

"Sure Log just let me get into a bathing suit."

He smirked when I said this.

"Sorry Logan not this time." I said while heading in the bathroom, the look on his face showing defeat.

After I changed I walked out and grabbed a pair of shorts and put them on. Logan gave a smile of approval. I could sense his alpha male drive kicking in and knew if I didn't put them on he'd be very angry with any guy who looked my way. As I threw my towel around my neck Logan grabbed one from his room. We got about half way out the door when we were stopped.

"And where are you two going?" We turned around to face the professor.

"Just out for a swim." Spoke Logan.

Xavier gave a warm smile as if he knew our secret and nodded in approval as he wheeled himself away. We both let out a sigh of relief as I teleported us the rest of the way. When we got there we were the only ones there which was a good thing.

I walked along the dock with Logan walking slightly behind me, his hand brushing against mine with every step. Once I got at the end I sat down with my feet dangling in the water, Logan plopped down next to me and smiled. I then lay back on my elbows.

"It's good we can spend an afternoon away from my room." Said Logan who had his arms wrapped around me with his head on my shoulders.

"Yes it is Logan, it's really too hot to stay inside, and to warm to stay outside." I said while getting up off of my elbows to relieve the weight.

I turned to face Logan I then kissed him, he of course kissed back which started to form into a make out session. We then felt someone approach, but didn't care.

"Sam there you are." Said Rogue standing with Bobby.

I smiled and looked at the rest that included Remy, Kayla, Storm, and Scott.

"Here I am." I said as Logan huffed, Kayla looked between us.

"So how long?" Said Kayla.

"Two weeks." Mumbled Logan, which made me laugh.

"And you didn't tell ME your best friend?" Said Kayla.

"Ok before you bite my head off we didn't make it very secretive; we were waiting to se how long you guys would figure it out."

"And let me guess you didn't want us to find about it this way?" Asked Scott.

"Nope, now dearest Rogue what did you guys want me for?" I said standing up.

"Too see if you wanted to go swimming." She replied.

"Well that's what Sam and I came to do but other things distracted us." He said smirking then pulling me close.

I then backed away and almost pushed him in the water but Kayla did it to me first. As I surfaced I glared at her and sent her flying into the lake a few feet away from me.

"Jerk." She yelled jokingly.

"You deserved it." I yelled back.

Before we knew it time was flying by as we were swimming, it was around supper when Kayla dared me to swim to the other side and back. The next thing I knew was I heard a high pitched laugh and everything around me went dark.