Dragon's Curse

No Limits

***Anastasia's POV

I sigh as I finish doing my job at the restaurant I am working at. I can't believe that this is where I ended up. Ever since Bernard left, things have gone down hill. Kurt hasn't left the gym we own. Father has been sick and I am stuck in this dump cleaning dishes! I huff at my brothers stupidity and see him standing there. "Don't cry Ana" he says. "In my next fight I'll make us enough money that we can go where ever you want. We won't have to live in Russia anymore. We can go back home to Germany. Right Ana? Ana? Ana!"
I jump as I hear my name yelled. Bernard fades away. My boss stands in his place. "You're done"
"I know" I say.
"I mean done for good. You're fired" the man says.
"WHAT!" I cry. I plead with him to let me stay.
"Sorry girl" He says. "We need the cash"
I sigh and slump out the door, dropping my apron on the floor. As I head home I see a strange person facing me. He is wearing a long black cloak and I start to freak out. I run home an into the basement. "Bernard! There's a strange man out side!"
"He's dead" Kurt said. "That's what happens to all of the Shadow's victims"
I hold back tears as reality clicks. Bernard wasn't here anymore. "Oh yeah" I say softly. "I try so hard to tell myself that he's gone" I start to cry.
"Stop whining" Kurt says. "Quit being such a big baby. It's his fault for being stupid in the first place"
"Show some respect!" Our father comes down the stairs.
"Father your knee" I start to say.
"It's fine Anastasia" He says and turns to Kurt. "It's not your brother's fault! It's mine for never telling him the truth"
We both look at him confused. He punches the bag and starts to talk. As always he fights when he talk about his past. "I was like him. Young, foolish and always looking for the next fight. The one that I was waiting for was with El Tigre. The Mexican champion. I made bet" He hits the bag and goes into a fighting stance. "Shadow said that if I could beat" He hits the bag again. "El Tigre, they'd sponsor me." He started fighting the bag. "It was the hardest fight I've ever been in. El Tigre was tougher than anyone I've ever fought before. I gave him everything I had! I was so close to taking him down in the 3rd round when." He hit the bag right off of the hanger making it fly 5 feet into the wall. "he gave me a nasty kick to the knee. He was disqualifies and I won by default." Father rubbed his sore knee and sat down. "An illegal move back then. Shadow said it didn't count and left me alone. I had no idea that 10 years later, they'd ask my son to join them"***

I listen from out side the window. They haven't noticed me yet. I can't believe father had never told us before. If I knew that Shadow was stalking him just to get to me I would have delta with those 3 that started this mess along time ago. Now I just feel stupid. Seeing how big the organization is and strong their experiments are, I fear for my family. Revealing myself would just get them into more trouble.
"AH! THAT'S HIM!" I jump as Ana yells. I turn as Kurt opens the door and tackles my to the ground pinning me face down in a painful arm lock. I use my tail to whip him in the head. He lets go out of shock and I stand to face him. My hood has come off my little sister screams as my father comes running out. I pull off the cape and stand ridged.
It hurts to see Ana so afraid of me. I stop and let out a low growl. I'd rather have them afraid of me than them getting harmed by my enemy.
Ana looks at me with wide eyes. She seems to be staring at my chest. I remember that that I still wear the bullet chain.
My father steps forward. "What are you?"
I open my moth to speck but Ana rushes forward. "Where did you get that!" she has tears in her eyes and it tears me apart to see her cry. "What did you do the Bernard?!"
My Father steps in front of her, ready to fight.
I can't take it any more. I have to tell them so I think of the only thing that might work. "No Limits" I blurt out.
"No Rules" Kurt says a moment later. He is staring at me, mouth open wide. He gets it. YES!
My father straitens up. "No Fears"
I carefully unscrew the top of my chain and pull out a small vile. In it is a clear liquid. It is just water... it had come like that when Anastasia bought it form me.
"For luck" I say.
All of my family members take a while to get it and when they do they are all in a bit of shock.
Ana gives in and hugs me. "What happened to you?"
"My pride" I say shamefully
"Inside" My father interrupts. "You must explain"