Gemini

Children

Xanthan is lead into a small hospital room where he sees his subject lying on a table. They are hooked up to multiple machines that are monitoring their heart. Xanthan’s heart drops as he sees a scar across the male's face. He looks over and sees that the female mirrors the cut.
"What did you do to them!?" He calls out, furious that they marked his creations. "Gemini are my creation! My children!"
"They are not like us!" one of the Board members said. "They are not Ruthen! They are monsters!"
"I used Ruthen DNA!" Dr. Xanthan cries. "I don't know how they developed this odd mutation" he calmed down as he looked at them. "But I don't care if society thinks of them as small or weak or ugly. I believe they are beautiful"
He is allowed to live but only under strict supervision. Gemini grows quickly and Dr. Xanthan teaches them about their new world. Only 3 Berkelium years pass until Gemini are of age and ready to receive work. Already, the strange growth on their heads has become large and reaches to their shoulders. (On earth years, they would be 6 years old) However they are instead, contained and taken from Dr. Xanthan. He goes crazy from loss and is put down... harshly.
Gemini go under many test to try and explain the strange connection they have. When one is wounded, the other mysteriously receive the same wound. They create a language that only they can speak with so they can have their own conversations without being eavesdropped on by a worker. One night while getting ready to sleep, the female over hears the Board talking.
"This could be a great advantage for us." the head says. "If we use Dr. Xanthan’s research and strip subjects of their connection, we could create dozens of workers for the Polonium mines."
"These creatures seem to be immune to the rays the material gives off" Another says
"With this army of workers we could get enough Polonium to power our world for eons." the head says.
"Then are we all in agreement?" another asks.
The whole Board answers in an "Agreed".
The male started listing soon after the female. He looked angry while the female looked scared.
"We are going to escape this place" the male says. "I am not going to let them make more of us" he used their secret language so no worker could understand them.
"But how?" the female asks. "There is no way we could escape without getting caught."
"You know how every year we are plunged into darkness?" the male asks. "Where the world goes dark for a month?"
"I know what you are thinking" the female answers. "But will it work?"
"I have faith that it will sister" the male says. "We will leave using our blankets. By covering our heads with them, we will be able to use the darkness as camouflage"
They pair agrees that as soon as the world goes dark, they will escape their prison.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ruthen arebBald tall people kinda like a mix of the grey alien and a human... very advanced