Gemini

It's My Time

Anthony wakes with a start as he feels a violent tremor. A year has passed and Gemini would be the equal of 16 earth years. As they walk out of their shelter they see a terrifying sight. A large fiery pillar, orange in color, shoots up to the sky creating a scary looking mushroom cloud.
"It's too soon!" Anthony says. "It wasn't supposed to happen for another 2 years"
"The planet's dying isn't it?" Ni asks. "The Ruthen killed it"
"Yeah" Anthony says. He gives a shaky breath and runs to the large area in the tunnels. "Come with me!"
Gemini follow and stare in awe at the machine before them. "What is that?"
"It's the ship that took me away from my home" Anthony says. "You will be leaving on it"
"What about you?" Gem asks.
"I can't" Anthony says. He reveals the true condition of his soon to come death by taking of his shirt. "I'd die on the ship"
Gem cries as she hugs her savior. "I'll miss you"
Ni gives in and joins his sister. "We both will."
Anthony hugs then back and ushers them into the ship. As he prepares them to leave he explains how it works. "This ship will take to its last coordinate. It will take you to earth. Remember what I taught you and you should blend in just fine. It might take you a few of their years to get settled bst the best way is to get some jobs and tell no one of what you know. Don't worry you age as fast as every other human in the world so you won't seem different. If anyone asks you about your scars simply say you were cut by some metal when you were little. It was shrapnel from a bad plane crash." He turns and looks at them for the last time. "I love you two" he says tears betraying his tough demeanor. "Never. Forget that." He gives them the last hug and hits the launch button. He exits the ship and waves goodbye. "It's my time" he says to himself. Goodbye my children"
Gemini wave back slowly sad to know that they will never see their savior again. As the ship takes off for Earth the twins see the last of their home engulfed in flames and gases.