Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Twenty-One

Kellin's POV:

Waking up next to Vic was simply the best thing to happen. Glancing over, I watched him sleep, and god was it adorable.

"Hey sleepy," I said when his eyes opened a little, squinting because of the light.

"Hey," he replied, rolling over and kissed me before I could protest. I wouldn't protest though, because this is what I loved. Too bad it won't last very long.

Two months ago, when I had enough money, I ended up purchasing my own house in Pomona, a somewhat suburb of the Los Angelas, California. I then told Austin about my feelings for Vic, and to be honest, he didn't seem too hurt or upset. He understood.

"We were apart for too long," He said, which was true. I would've fallen in love with him if we hadn't broken up. Things would've been different, but I'm just happy things are as they are for now. But this, this would't last long. In three days, I've got to go back...home. I know, it's jammed packed, but I couldn't bear to be away any longer, even if it meant I could only stay for a few days. Vic was going to be so sad when I left, which is why I'm not telling him.

Well that is until I have to leave. My ticket is a return one, so I can go back for free. It's just we're finishing up the album and then we're going to do a small tour. I can't give up my job for Vic, though it's tempting. I want Vic to come out and live with me, but I know it isn't going to work. I also know a long distance relationship isn't going to work either. Life can be so difficult.

Vic and I got up and around and went out for breakfast. We talked a lot, mostly about what we've been doing over the past five months. And in fact, not much has had happened, Vic was working as usual, and I guess was so I. I didn't classify what I do as a job, I consider it a lifestyle. It's amazing writing, producing, and performing songs that mean something to you.

So far we've finished some of our first album, including some of our most popular songs such as With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear, and Don't Fall Asleep at the Helm. Both of those songs got more publicity then I honestly suspected they would. Either way, I was grateful.

After breakfast, we went on with the day, kind of doing whatever. Honestly, I'd rather just snuggle with him on the couch and talk. I just wanted to be with him and not far away because he's the reason I'm here. Well, Jenna too, but mostly Vic.

That's another thing, Jenna. We'd have to go see her tomorrow. Vic agreed, so I guess that's how we're spending tomorrow.

---

Austin's POV:

"Calm yourself," I said with a chuckle, shoving Alan back. He pouted.

"Can't a ginger have some fun?" He replied. I just rolled my eyes, sitting up and inviting him to snuggle. He obliged.

That's right, Alan and I were together now. Ever since Kellin and I broke up, it made me realize that I shouldn't grieve, I should take a chance. And hey, maybe Alan was mine. You can never be sure, but this felt right.

I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV, pecking Alan's lips quickly before surfing the channels. We settled for Disney, even though he likes Nickelodeon. If watching Disney makes you gay, then I'm a flaming homo.

In the end, Alan fell asleep, probably because he was bored, but I didn't mind. I was too sucked into the movie. But it was apparent that I too was tired, because fifteen minutes, I felt my neck become heavy, and before I knew it, my head was slumped over on Alan's and I was out like a light.