Bleachless

These Hospitals Won't Save Us

My eyes opened slowly, squinting at the light illuminating from the window. I shut the blinds, but it didn't matter. Kellin's figure was pressed against me still, causing me to smile. It was nice to know he didn't move away through the night. I shoved Kellin's shoulder. Unfortunately, I failed to recognize the edge of the bed was very close, so when I shoved him, he fell. Kellin let out a gasp as he fell to the floor, and I couldn't contain my laughter. Kellin got up and glared at me, then scruffed his hair and sighed.

"Morning to you too," He muttered sarcastically, sitting back down on the bed. I held back another wave of laughter, my throat hurting from laughing so hard.

"Morning," I replied after a few seconds, curling up next to him. His arm went around me as he planted a kiss on my head.

There was suddenly a knock on my door. Are you kidding me? This never happens, but then the one time I break the rules, someone takes interest in me.

"Vic? You in there?" Mike called from the other side. Quickly, I grabbed Kellin's hand and shoved him into the closet, then held up a finger to my mouth. He nodded.

"Uh, yeah, what do you need?" I replied as I unlocked the door and opened it slightly.

"You have a box in your closet mom needs." He then headed to the closet, but I beat him to it.

"Uh, no, don't go in there. What's it look like?" He couldn't find Kellin in there.

"Oh please, move over." He shoved me, so I obliged and stepped away. I was beyond dead now.

Mike opened the door and went inside, me following. I glanced around, but Kellin was no where to be seen. How could he hide like that?

"Here it is," Mike called, grabbing a small box off a shelf before walking past me and out of the closet. I watched him exit my room, slamming the door behind him. I let out a relieved sigh before flicking the lock again. Kellin came out after I knocked, telling him it's safe.

"Where did you hide?" I asked as he shut the door.

"Easy, i climbed the shelf and laid down on top of it," He said with a shrug. I rolled my eyes. "Oh please, you know I'm amazing."

"Amazingly stupid," I replied, shoving him. He rubbed his arm, looking at me with hurt. It was all an act though.

"You've been a bitch today," He said, so I smiled.

"I know, I just love being a bitch," I replied sarcastically. Kellin shoved me back before pecking my lips quickly. I still wasn't used to this kind of affection.

"Stop your gonna make me throw up," I said, faking a cough. Kellin scoffed.

"Fine then I'm not asking you the next question." He got up and headed towards the window.

"Wait, what question?" I stopped him. He turned towards me.

"I was going to ask you if you wanna go out with me." His hands lifted the wooden panel of the window, sliding it up with ease. He then climbed out into the tree and looked back up when he was on the lawn. I smiled. It wasn't until he was on the sidewalk that I spoke again.

"Too bad, I would've said yes!" I shouted, met by him holding up his middle finger. I laughed before slamming the window shut a little too hard. How is it possible for one man to have such impacts on my well being?

-

Kellin's POV:

"Too bad, I would've said yes!" I heard Vic yell at me as I walked along the sidewalk. A smile formed on my face, so I hid it by flipping him off. He then shut the window and disappeared back into his home. Now I had to go home, but man do I not want to.

Having someone like Vic there last night meant so much to me. no one had ever been there, nobody but him. And just the realization that my feelings for him are growing rapidly kind of scare me. No, I'm not in love with Vic Fuentes, I'm just quite fond of him. I just don't know if a relationship between us would work, especially when we both want to kill ourselves.

I arrived at my house and went through the door, creeping up the stairs. I was met by my dad.

"Hey, why are you not at school?" He spat at me, causing me to walk in reverse, going back down the stairs.

"I-I...u-uh I d-don't f-feel good," I said quietly, moving away from him. He was following me though.

"Fucking liar," He yelled, grabbing my shirts collar. My body filled with anxiety as I took a gulp and held my breath. "You're lucky your mom's still home," Was all he said before shoving me back and storming off. Relief spread over me as I placed a hand on my heart and closed my eyes.

Even though my mom knew somewhat what my dad was like, he still couldn't hurt me in front of her. But no, no if we were alone it'd be horrific.

I walked into the kitchen and got some water, ignoring my mother the entire time. I hate her just as much. She'll never stand up for us. I know she means well, but seriously, no mother should stand around and let her kid be abused by her shitty husband.

Back upstairs, I pulled out my laptop and blasted my music, ignoring the urge to cut. That wasn't even bad in all honesty. I couldn't bring myself to do it, because memories of last night flooded my mind.

Being near Vic so much had my stomach in knots. I love it and hate it. Whenever I felt sad, I knew I could trust him with all my secrets and fears, but I also didn't want to get attached to him. Because I'm not going to be here anymore, very very soon.

My heart hurts too much, I can't take much more. I'm hanging on because of one reason, one that I cannot get off my mind.

Vic.