I Only Want To See You

Blind Sighted

I had this wall built up for years. I wanted to let him through it, but I couldn't. You see, he was the one who constructed the wall anyway. He built it up like in Berlin, but he wouldn't let it be torn down. His control over me was overwhelming and his grip on me was as tight as hell was on all of it's sinners. God forbid someone does something right.

I waited desperately for the results to come back positively, but knew deep down inside they wouldn't. My hearing was increasingly getting better, the darkness turning even blacker, all light gone from my eyes now. Not even silver wisps were allowed in any more. And he just stood there and watched.

"Honey," My mother's weightless voice rang through the cubicle. We were in a doctor's office, and she was sitting there with my results. It smelled like bleach and made my throat swell together.

"What mom?"

"Are you ready?"

"Yes."

The doctor's light voice was harsh that day as she stated with a dissapointment, "You're results have just gotten worse. I'm sorry, but you are officially blind as of today."

"No no no no no! There must be something we can do!" My mother screamed with daggers.

"There is nothing to do. I'm sorry Mrs. Hopkins."

"Sorry just isn't enough! There has to be something we can do!"

"Mom, give it up. I'm blind."

"I will never give up! I want my daughter to have a normal life!"

I rolled my sightless eyes and stood up to leave.

"Mom, I do have a normal life. What will it take for you to see that?"

She stuttered, her lips a little shaky. Her mouth quivered to limn a few words, but they couldn't.

"Ms. Hopkins..."

"Listen, I'm fine with all of this. Can't you be?"

"Honey, but there HAS to be something..."

"No, listen Mom. Medical advances can't cure blindness. Not now, not ever."

"But sweetie!"

She grasped at my arm shakily.

"No mom. Stop."

Tears escaped my eyes, my own words poured salt into my wounds.

"Oh, sweetie..."

We were silent the entire way home. When I finally found my way to my room, 17 steps away from the door, I sunk down onto the floor and pulled out my cell phone. My fingers knew the numbers, starting with the five because of the dot.

"Hey Will."

"Hey... what's up?"

"It's official. I'm blind."

"I'm sorry. Do you want me to come over?"

"Yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
This story has been in my draft box for FIVE months. I figured it needed some air, and when Cluttermess and I decided to co-write, I thought- PERFECT!
And Layla loved the idea. So here we are.
Comments?