Pretty as a Car Crash

Chapter Nine

Reflection

Image
made by losersneeze @ Quizilla! Forums

“Maria!” I yell as I slam into our dorm room. Silence greets me as I quietly close the door behind me and trudge into the rest of the room. Ugg. She’s not home. I set my messenger bag and camera case on my bed and fall back onto my pillows. As I slowly roll my head, searching for a clock, I sigh boredly. Where is Maria? I have important news. My alarm clock flashes 12:03 at me in neon-red numbers. I reach over to my nightstand and grab my silver iPod off of it, roughly putting my earphones into my ears. I rock out to Green Day’s American Idiot, waving my arms above my head and singing, badly, to myself for a few minutes. Finally I quickly sit up, still singing to myself, only to be met by Maria’s agitated expression.

“Ahhh!” I scream, jumping off of the bed while my iPod falls to the ground, ripping my earphones out of my ears at the same time.

“Having fun, yea?” She questions, raising her right eyebrow as a smirk spreads across her lips.

I smile sheepishly before replying. “Of course! Why wouldn’t I be?” She shrugs, sitting down on my bed and crossing her legs Indian-style. “Criss-cross applesauce.” I say, sitting back down next to her and crossing my legs as well.

“What?” Maria giggles, scrunching her face up as she laughs.

“Criss-cross applesauce,” I repeat. “It’s from pre-school.” I shrug nonchalantly, closing my eyes. She continues to giggle, shaking the bed slightly as she does so.

Oh My God! Ashton! My eyes shoot open as my head practically flies off as I whip it in the direction of Maria. “Maria!” I just about yell, jumping up from my spot and standing in front of her, hands placed squarely on my hips. Her giggling immediately stops and she stares at me wide eyed.

“What?” She whispers, leaning forward as she says this.

“I met this boy today. Ashton Driscol.” I whisper back, staring at her.

“Ooooo!” Maria sings, fluttering her eyelashes like crazy.

“Stop that!” I say, playfully hitting her on the knee. She just laughs, rocking back slightly on her bum.

“I need details, yea!” She proclaims once she finishes laughing at me.

I let out a laborious sigh, flinging myself dramatically down onto my bed and covering my eyes with my left hand. “Well…” I begin, mentally running over today’s events before continuing, “So I went to Central Park this morning to take some photos.” I remove my hand from my eyes to find Mar-mar just a few inches away from my face. “What are you doing?” I ask, attempting to push myself farther into my bed, but failing.

“I’m listening intently to your story. Please go on, yea.” She replies, not moving from her position in front of my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okie dokie.
This is my first "filler" chapter and, honestly, I'm not a fan of it.
The next installment of PAACC (Chapter Ten) will hopefully be the longest thus far to make up for this suck-ish one.
Ich liebe Kommentare und Abonnenten!
I love comments and subscribers!

OH! (I almost forgot!)
I got an A+ on this story and my teacher say that I'm a great writer and that I should keep with it! =]