Hardest Part of This Is Leaving You

Would you leave me lying here

When they got downstates they all smelled smoke. Then Mikey came out of the kitchen with his hair looking like Ray's .

"Mikey, what the hell happened to you?" Gerard asked laughing. Then Mikey held up a fork. "Not again." He laughed.

"The toast got stuck in the toster...so I had to get it out." Mikey siad speach slured due to the electricity still in his body.

"But you could have unplugged it."

"Well...I needed toast." Mikey said trying to stand up. Then Bob held him down. "Bob...let...me...up!"

"No...your going no were near the toster." Bob said trying to grab his hand so he'd stay but Mikey just pushed away running tword the direction of the bathroom. When he got back he was walking funny.

"Dude...whats up with your walk?" Frank asked coping his friend.

"Pee after sticking a fork in the toaster...not the best idea." That made everyone laughed.

"Mikey...you really need to learn not to do that. Really."

"Frank...im not the one who "accidentally" makes out with Rebecca."

"Do I need to remind you of last month."

"It was dark."

"But your girlfriend wasent anywere near the house. She was filling in for FFTL."

"In the dark she looks like her." Mikey shot back.

"Will the both of you stop!" Ray said drinking his coffee. "We need to talk about the tour and practice our ass's off."

"Ray." Everyone wined.

"Rays right we have to give the fans good shows." Gerard said withy a smile on his face. He had a plan about the first show. He wasent going to tell anyone. He got a smile on his face.

"What are you so happy about?" Mikey asked still out of it.

"Nothing...cant I be happy." He looked over to where Amy sat but she wasent there. "Where is Amy?"

"How should I know." Frank said standing up.

"Hummm." He said walking up the stares. Then he herd someone singing through the door. He walked up and pressed his ear to the door seperating him from Amy.

And if I bleed, I'll bleed,
Knowing you don't care.
And if I sleep just to dream of you
I'll wake without you there,
Isn't something missing?
Isn't something...

"If only." He herd her say. Before he knocked on the door. "Come in." She called out putting away her notebook.

"What yah doing?" Gerard asked sitting down next to her.

"Nothing." He looked at her funny then laughed. "What?"

"Excuse me." He said as she finally got the smell.

"Damn it Gerard." She laughed pushing him off the bed.

After Gerard lifted himself up, his cell phone rang. The ringtone was Barbie Girl by Aqua. Amy just looked at him with a questioning look on her face.

“Don’t ask.” He said answering the phone. “Hello?”

“Gerard!”

“Ummmm…who’s this?”

“Brian.” He said bluntly.

“Oh…hey.” He responded in a happier tone.

“Listen…I’ve set up a charity event for tomorrow night. it’s a formal occasion so yeh…dress formal and bring a date.”

“Oh…okay.”

“What? Don’t you have a date?”

“No.” He said in a slightly pissed off voice.

“What happened to Sammie.”

“Cheated on me because her new man is ‘better in bed’”

“Dude…she just crushed your ego. That’s the worst thing to say to a man. And if a woman says your bulge is to small…dude your screwed for life.”

“Ummm…thanks for the information.”

“Anytime…so do u have someone in mind. Like I don’t know…Amy?”

“Shut up.”

“Frank told me.” Brian said laughing.

“That fucking midget. I swear if he wasent one of my best friends…id kill him or something.”

“Now…don’t got that far now.”

“Haha…so whats the apparel for tomorrow?” Gerard asked sitting back on the bed.

“Formal…guys in pants girls in dresses. But Gerard if I were you I’d wear a dress.”

“Brian.” Gerard paused. “I am this close to firing you.”

“Shit…okay I’ll stop. But no really wear pants. For our eyes sake.”

“Dude…stop.” Gerard laughed.

“But really ask Amy. And maybe when your there you can tell her how you feel?”
“Ummmm…”

“You know you want too.”

“You know what?”

“What?” Brian asked.

“I gotta go.” Gerard said hanging up his phone. Then looked at Amy. “It was our manager.”

“Ahhh…I see.” amy said looking at him.

Then very quietly he asked. “Amy…will you go the charity event with me?” Afraid that she would say no.

“Yes…I’d love to.” She smiled at him.

“Well…it’s a formal event.” He said sheepishly.

“Crap…I have nothing to wear.”

“I’ll have Rebecca take you shopping.”

“No…its okay. I’ll go tonight to find something.”

“Do you need money?” He asked as her eyes widened.

“No…I have just enough saved to buy one.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes…I don’t want to take your money.”

“Bu-” He got cut off.

“No buts. Now im gonna go shopping for a dress and whatever. Without your money.” She said walking out of the room.

“Need a ride?” Gerard asked running out of the room.

“Nah…I’ll take a bus.”

“No…im giving you a ride.”

“Your going to be stubborn arnt you?”

“Yes sir re bob.”

“Fine. Come on.” She smiled as Gerard got his keys. So they said bye. And walked out to the car. On there way there they talked about random shit. Then they finally got to a Davids Bridal. Gerard came in with Amy. Then a sales lady asked.

“Sir. Its bad luck to see your fiancé’s wedding dress before the wedding.” That made both Gerard and Amy crack up.

“No…shes not my fiancé. Shes just a really good friend.” And of course the sales personnel was blonde. (you know that lady from Fuse (the blonde hair all over frank) yeh that’s her)

“Oh, well if you need anything just ask.” She said. Then Amy did a impersonation of her that made Gerard smile. About 15 minutes later they were on there way home. It didn’t take Her too long to find a dress. And at a cheap price. Before Gerard could see it she had it in a full clothing bag and on her way to the car. Gerard just shook his head and ran out to join her. He thought:

‘Wow…she’ll look amazing in the dress. Gerard don’t think about it or you’ll get bad thoughts. Wait…Im a guy. Our thoughts are never pure. Fuck this all. Ohh… shit. Not again. Gerard stop it…stop fighting yourself.’

“Ummm…Gerard?” Amy asked poking him in the side.

“Hummm…what?” He said finally ending the mental fight with himself.

“Are you okay? You seemed kinda out if it.”

“Just thinking about tomorrow.”

“Did he say what the charity was?”

“I think brest cancer or aids…or something. I never know untill we get there.”

“Haha…that must suck.” She said looking out the window. The car was silent except for the radio. She began to sing quietly. Gerard tuned into her voice. He wished that she would sing more. He knew because of Mike she was afraid to open up. But tomorrow he’d hope that she wouldn’t be afraid. He was going to tell her how he really thought. Even though he himself was also afraid. He knew that there was a chance that he would be rejected. But he was somewhat willing to show his feelings since Sammie. They finally made it home. Amy ran upstares so he wouldn’t see the dress she picked out. Gerard went into the living room and stopped when he herd Frank and Rebecca talking normally. Then the talking stopped. So Gerard snuck up on them…only to find them cuddled together and watching The Nightmare Before Christmas. Gerard smiled to himself and walked out of the room to find Mikey in the kitchen making spaghetti for dinner.

“Hey Mikey.” Gerard said sitting down at the table. “Do you know whats up with Rebecca and Frank?”

“Yeh…Frank finally admitted to liking Rebecca. Then Becca overheard us talking. So then Frank and her got to talking also. Then the next thing I knew was that they were together. So maybe that gives you hope for tomorrow.” Mikey said stirring the pasta.

“Hey maybe it dose.” Gerard said walking up to his brother. “How the hell did you grow taller then me?”

“How should I know. But I think you got it from your dads side. Mom always said he was short.”

“Shut it.” Gerard said walking to the sink to get out the strainer. “Why do we have so much effing pasta?”

“Bob.”

“Remind me to do the shopping for now on.” Gerard laughed.

“Gerard the last time you went shopping you forgot everything but peanut butter. So im doing the shopping for now on.” Mikey said straning out the pasta.

“Okay…that was one time. Don’t hold me on that.”

“It was last week.”

“So. Last week was in the past. You cant dwell on that.”

“What ever.” Mikey said pooring cold water onto the pasta.

“Don’t we usually keep the pasta warm?” Gerard asked getting a soda from the fridge .

“Ummm…Im making pasta salad.” Mikey laughed.

“Ive never seen you cook before really. Whats up.”

“I really don’t know…I just wanted to cook.”

“Guess so.” Gerard said as Mikey punched him in the arm. So they continued making dinner. Frank and Rebecca were on the couch, Bob downstares with Ray getting there shit packed for the tour, and Amy upstares. She was trying on her dress. It was a floor leant black dress with a red ribbon around the waist. (just think of the Helena dress but longer). Then she hurd a knock on her door.

“Who is it?” She asked her heart beating fast.

“Its Rebecca…can I come in?”

“Sure.” Amy let out a sigh opening the door. Rebecca walked in and looked at her dress.

“That dress is so amazing.”

‘Thanks.” Amy said giving a simple smile. “And congratulations of getting Frank. I always knew he liked you. No matter how much he would deny it. I had a feeling.”

“Thank you. I hope you get the guy you like too.” She said moving toward the bed. “Can I sit down?”

“Yes…of course. But im not sure about getting the guy I like.”

“What do you mean?” Rebecca asked eyeing Amy.

“Well…” She said sitting back down. “If you haven’t noticed I haven’t had the best luck with guys. And besides who would ever like me?”

“Frank told me about you liking Gerard.”

Amy sighed. “That’s the last time I ever tell him anything.”

“Yeh. But The way he looks at you. In his eyes I can read something. Something he didn’t have when he was around Sammie. He really cares for you. Trust me.” She said grabbing Amy’s hand.

“Thanks.” Amy said. “Now I need to change out of this dress. Because with all my luck Gerard will walk right past the doo-” Just then Gerard was in the doorway.

“Hey…ummm…dinners ready.” Gerard said going to walk in but Rebecca stopped him. “Whats your problem?”

‘Come on…we gotta save Amy a seat.” Becca winked at you as you rushed to change out of the dress. Then you ran downstares. You joined the table.

~Amys Point of view~

Dinner was pretty much silent. Except for the occasional burps and flatulence . You looked at Gerard. He smiled back, somehow very proud of his gas. You shook your head and laughed. This is the man you were falling head-over-heels for. A Gas happy person who has a heart as big as the earth. You hoped to god you wernt blushing. You could feel the heat rise to your cheeks. You had to find something to say and fast before everyone noticed.

“This is a great meal. Who made it?”

“Mikey.” Frank said pointing to his happy friend.

“Yep…” Gerard began. “He’s the cook in the family.”

“Mikey,” You began. “You need to cook more often.” You smiled as he finished off his plate.

“Yeh, because that burnt pizza Gerard made last night sucked!” Frank said laughing as Bob pushed him off the chair. After everyone finished up there meals. There was always a debate of who dose the dishes. Untill you finally got up.

“I’ll do the dishes.” You said rolling your eyes. Laughing. Everyone gave you a hug. Finally you went at it. You never take long doing the dishes so they were done in half the time. After you were done you went into the living room and found a seat next to Bob. Bob smiled at you as you layed your head on his shoulder. You closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep only to be awakened again by someone jumping on your lap. You looked.

“Hey sleepy head.” He said looking at you.

“How long was I asleep?” You asked yawning.

“Ummm…about 2 hours.”

“Damn…im still tired.”

“Well it is 2 a.m.”

“Holy shit.” You laughed.

“Come on…go off to bed.” Gerard said getting off and lifting you up.

“Your not my daddy.”

“So.”

“So…my point is, you don’t tell me when I go to bed or not.” You said as he walked closer to you. Pretending to be pissed. He rased his hand like he was about to hit you. But instead he began to tickle you. You gasped for air. “Gerard. Gerard. No!!! Gerard Stop!!” You said laughing.

“Oh come on. You like it.” He laughed. Just then the phone rang. “I’ll get it.” He reached the phone. “Hello?”

“Yes…Is a Amy Lee there.” A voice said over the phone.

“You got the wrong number. Im sorry.” Gerard said hanging up the phone.

“Who was that?” You yawned.

“Wrong number.” He said bluntly. As you both made your way upstares. “Well good night.”

“Night.” You said after him shutting the door behind you. You walked over to your bed and fell asleep. Wondering about what tomorrow would bring for you.

~no ones pov~

After Gerard knew that everyone was asleep he went downstares. He made his way through the dark living room to the kitchen. He felt around the wall for a switch. The light went on almost blinding him. He walked to the phone. He looked at the caller ID. It read:

Mike Watson
555-546-6699
Called at 2:02 a.m,

Gerard froze. ‘Should I tell Amy?’ He thought making his way upstares. ‘Maybe it was someone else by the same name…who asked for the same person.’ He made his way back to his bedroom. He walked in and shut the door behind him. He turned on his light and made his way to the oak art desk in the corner of his room. He sat down and began to draw. He lost track of what he was drawing untill he was done. Gerard looked at his drawing. It was a woman in a black flowing gown with broken wings. He realized who he drew. It was Amy.

‘Gerard. Goddamn. You need to stop feeling this way for her.’ He thought. ‘But what if she feels the same way back. But what if she dosent? What if she laughs at my face. What if…what if…what if she dose feel the same way.’ He thought as he his his drawing in the only drawer that took a key to unlock it. He only hid his most precious drawings. Eyes full of sleep he made his way to his bed and drifted off in a restless slumber.

In the next room Amy was sleeping not knowing who called.

-*Dream*-

Everyone was at the charity event. Amy was in the chiar against the wall. She looked at everyone and smiled. Gerard was over dancing with the wife of there A&R guy. After the song was over Gerard made his way to the one he wanted to dance with all night. He held out his hand and said:

“Would you like you like to dance maddam?”

She took his hand and smiled. “Id be delighted.” So they made there way to the dance floor. Lucky for Gerard it was a slow song. He held her close as there bodys swayed along to the music. About half way through the song Gerard spoke up.

“Amy…I have something to tell you. But I don’t know how you’ll take it.” He said looking at her.

“Your gay?” They both laughed.

“No its not that. Ever sence I met you at McDonalds I fell you would say head-over-heels.. Well what im trying to say is.” He said as he bent down and kissed Amy. To his surprise she didn’t push away. So his kisses became harder. His toung traced her lower lip. Just as her mouth parted someone stopped them.

“I told you that if you ever left I’d find you , and kill you.” The familer voice said just as he pulled the trigger. The next thing they both knew Amy was on the ground fighting to stay alive. Gerard was crying as in her last breath she said:

“I love you too.” Just then her body went limp and Gerard hugged the once alive body he loved..

-*End Dream*-
They both woke up at the same time. Gerard ran out of his room and stormed into Amy’s. She just looked at his teared stained face. He ran to her and took her into his arms. Then in the moment he just let out his feeling:

“I love you.”

“I-I-I-I-Love you too.” She said looking up at him, as he bent down and kissed Amy. To his surprise she didn’t push away. So his kisses became harder. His toung traced her lower lip. Just as her mouth parted someone stopped them.

“Good morn-” Bob said entering Amy’s room. “Oh…did I interupt something”

“Oh Bob.” Gerard said breaking away the kiss but not letting go of her.

“Bout time you two got together. Comeon. Get your ass’s downstairs…its breakfast time.” So They both got up and made there way downstares. Everything seemed different. It was because they were a new couple.

~no ones pov~

“Introducing…” Bob began from the kitchen. “The new couple!!”

“BOB!” Gerard said from the stairway. “Shut up! Its no big deal.” Then he turned to a laughing Amy. “Your enjoying this arnt you.” He smiled lacing his fingers into hers.

“Maybe, maybe not.” She laughed. “You’ll never get me to say.”

“You wanna bet?” He said looking at his new girlfriend.

“No.” She said as He pecked her on the lips. She was longing for more, but unfortunately as he was going to kiss her again the power went out. He let out a sigh. Then Frank yelled.

“Were out of fusses!!!!!!”

“So where screwed in other terms.” Ray said. Going past Gerard and Amy. Then they herd Rebecca say.

“How are we going to get ready for the charity event?”

“Flashlight?” Bob said as he lit a candel. Amy gave a yawn.

“Well…im going back to bed.” She looked at Gerard.

He gave a fake yawn. “Me too.” They both ran upstares in his room. He shut the door behind him. By the time he made it to his bed she was already in a light sleep. So he kissed her forhead and wrapped his arm around her waist. Without knowing it she turned to face him and snuggled for his warmth. So he pulled her to him as close as possible without squishing her. Then about 10 minutes later he himself was asleep. When he woke up there was no one beside him. So he got up and asked if anyone has seen her. Everyone replyed. No or Sorry man. So Gerard went all over the house looking for her. She didn’t turn up so he began to think:

‘What if Mike took her? I’ve lost her the minute I got her? Im such a bad boyfriend.’ He collapsed on te couch. Then he herd someone come downstares.

“Gerard.” Amy said as he ran up and hugged her. “Shouldn’t we get ready for the event. And why are you crying?”

“Because remember the phone call last night?” He said sitting down then her sitting on his lap. She shook her head. “I think it was Mike.” She froze. Her face paler then it was before. Her hands began to shake. Gerard embraced you.

“How-why-” amy said voice muffled by Gerards shoulder.

“Its okay.” He said rocking Amy back and forth. “I promise I will never let him hurt you. As long as were here you’ll always be protected. Now yeh…we really need to get ready for the event.”

“Yeh…” She said as he kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and pushed him closer. They held that position for ever or so they thought. When they split apart they both went upstares.