Sequel: I'd Do Anything
Status: Say to me, "Why can't we look the other way?"

Hooked on a Feeling

Finale

Annalise didn’t look so great, getting off the flight from Newark. She almost woke up late, after staying up late at the wedding reception. Her phone call with Lars really took a load off. She managed to find a few people who she actually still had some sort of friendship with. The night wasn’t entirely wasted.

Louisa hugged her tightly in the airport. Her flight for her honeymoon wasn’t for another few hours.

“I’ll call you when I get back.” Louisa promised. “Who’s picking you up? Olivia? You sure she can drive alright?”

Annalise laughed. “No, I’m not sure. Lars is going to come get me.”

Louisa beamed. “You’re going to talk it out?”

“I called him last night.” Annalise confessed. “We…miss each other.”

Louisa hugged her again. “All grown up.”

“Shut up.”

“Go on girl, get your man.”

“Louisa!”

Walking into the Arrivals area of the airport, Annalise looked around. Lars shouldn’t be too hard to find. But it was the end of the holiday season. The airport was packed. Annalise moved around a reunited family and tried to look over the heads of others. If only she wasn’t so short…

There. There he was. His black pea coat was still buttoned, and wet from melted snow.

As she walked closer, she smiled slightly. Lars was signing a young boy’s Montreal hat.

“What position do you play?” Lars asked.

“Right wing.”

“Like Guy Lafleur, huh?” Lars handed the hat back. “Keep working hard. Maybe you can be him some day.”

“I will.”

Annalise walked up slowly. “Hey, can I get one too?”

Lars looked at her, in all of her tired, puffy eyed glory, and took the two steps to hug her tightly. Annalise slowly moved her arms up to hug back.

“I really, really missed you.” He said.

“I know. I missed you too.”

After a minute, Lars released her and took the tote from her shoulder. “Let’s get you home. You look exhausted. Probably haven’t been sleeping because of your concussion.”

“Oh, very funny, Mr Injury.”

“I won’t know you’re okay until I put you on a pool table.”

“How about after I take a nap?”

“Whatever you want.” He reached down and found her hand. It was warm in his. “By the way, Cass is in the car. He missed you too. Moping for days.”

“Just like his Daddy, huh?” she grinned, nudging him.

He smiled and kissed her hand. “Exactly.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. That's really the end.