Loyal to a Forgotten King

Forever an Alli

Darcy went over to Angela's and ran into Agent Coulson on the way. For the past month, the secret about Loki staying with Angela had been just that, a secret. Coulson has his suspicions but nothing was for sure. He questioned Darcy about it. "You’re welcome to find out" Darcy said. "I'm heading over there now" She and Angela had set up a code for when their secret might be blown. As Darcy walked up to the door, she did the code and announced her name. "Angela. It’s Darcy" it didn't look out of the ordinary but if there was anyone with her, Darcy would announce herself instead of waiting for Angela to open the door. After a few minutes, Darcy did this again. "She's usually up by now. It’s 10:00" She said. Coulson was getting impatient. "Perhaps she is out"
Darcy shook her head. "Her and Chris usually stay home for breakfast." an idea came to mind. "Let me check something" She ran around to the side of the house by a window. Like yesterday she figured if the door was closed, walk away. "Please be closed" she thought. "I don't want to have to look for you 2 again" As she peered in, her hunch was right. Angela's door was open and the whole area was empty as far as Darcy could tell; but Loki's room was upstairs so she couldn't tell. "Oh geez" she said. She turned to Coulson. "Looks like they Are out. Maybe Angela's boyfriend took her out for a special gift or..."
"Does this one happen to be named Chris?" Coulson assumed.
"Yup" Darcy said. She and Angela had created a story in case either was asked about if Loki was still with her. "Chris Anderson. Tall, in his 30's, buzz-cut kind of brownish hair. I know he's in the military but not sure what branch."
"Interesting" Coulson said. "What was the, or about?"
"Or um... just Angela is out and Chris is still sleeping...." Darcy said. "He gets the guest room"
"Let me know when she... or they came back" Coulson said. As he got out of Darcy's range, he radioed to Fury. "They're hiding something. Should I recall?"
"Keep watching" Fury said. "From a distance. I know fieldwork isn't you specially, Coulson but you've all I got for now"
"Yes sir" Coulson said and watched the area from a distance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Darcy couldn't help herself, she had to watch if Loki would come downstairs or not. She went back to the window and watched for a few more minutes. Loki walked down the flight of stairs and looked up sighing. Based on this action Darcy figured that Angela was in his room. Loki glanced over at the window and his head jolted back in surprise. He came over and shut the curtains. Darcy ran up to the door and knocked in it announcing her elf. Loki opened it carefully and stayed inside. "Hey" Darcy said quietly. "Coulson was with me only a few minutes ago. He was asking about you" Loki pulled her inside.
"Are you kidding me, Darcy!?" he said. "Do you want him to find out? Stupid girl"
"I used our trick. I told him about the imaginary Chris and he seemed to buy it" Darcy said in her defense.
"You do realize Angela will be upset with you for this" Loki said sitting at the counter. "I look forward to her yelling at you"
"whatever Darcy rolled her eyes. "Where is she?"
Loki glanced at the stairs "Well... she..."
"You slept with her didn't you" Darcy said. "I knew it!"
"I did not. you are an idiot" Loki replied. "Dionysus' threat frightened her so much as to ask me if she could stay with me"
"As in what?" Darcy asked totally confused.
"Darcy do you ever not think about this?" Loki asked. "Maybe Angela was right. You are on something." They heard a scream come from the room and Loki toppled the seat over as he ran upstairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coulson watched as the person inside shut the curtains on Darcy. The girl ran to the front and the door opened. The person inside was out of view, but he was considerably tall than Darcy based on how the girl was looking up. "How much taller is Angela to Darcy?" Coulson asked.
"2 or 3 inches" Fury replied. "Why?"
"Then this Chris that Darcy mentioned is incredibly tall" Coulson replied. He saw Darcy get pulled in by the arm. About 15 minutes passed before he heard a scream. "That's it I'm going in"
"don't get yourself killed Coulson!" Fury yelled into the earpiece. "COULSON!"
Coulson ran to the house and opened the door. He heard voices upstairs and carefully made his way there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Loki opened the door and stopped in his tracks. Dionysus was keeling on the bed with Angela firmly pressed to him they were facing the door and he had a hand on Angela's mouth to keep her quiet. Tears flowed down her face and onto his hand.
"Make a move and I'll take her with me as fast as you can blink" Dionysus threatened.
"You son of..."
"Darcy hush" Loki said. He had a trick up his sleeve that no one in the room knew about. He could create realistic projections of himself and teleport short distances. "Dionysus. let her go. now" Loki said. Another him appeared behind the god. In truth, he had teleported there.
"I don't think you're in a position to negotiate Loki" Dionysus smirked. "I got your pretty little girlfriend but I’m willing to make a trade. One woman for the girl"
Darcy tensed. "That's not fair" She felt a bit safer when she saw the real Loki behind Dionysus and realized that the one next to her was a projection.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Agent Coulson stopped as he saw Loki and Darcy in the door way. A man was holding Angela hostage and Loki was behind the man with a finger to his lips. Coulson frowned. The second Loki was either the real one or a projection, the one next to Darcy could just as easily be a projection as well.
"What's you say Loki?" the man asked. "Your woman for the girl? It's a fair trade. The girl's not as pretty but she'll be just as fun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Go to hell" both Loki's said and the one behind the man put Angela's dagger squarely into Dionysus' ribs and used the edge of the handle on the god's head. Dionysus' fell sideways and rolled of the bed into the floor, out cold. The Loki next to Darcy faded away and the real Loki stood by the bed and brought Angela into a hug. "I'm sorry Angela. I shouldn't have left you." He stroked her hair to try and comfort her. She was shaking and he just let her cry in his arms. He felt bad for leaving her alone to that creep.
"Can someone explain to me what's going on?" Coulson asked.
"This creep tried to steal Angela" Darcy said. "Loki just saved her"
Coulson looked up at them. Loki was asking if the man hurt her. Angela shook her head and Loki crouched down to look her in the eye. "Did that mean no he didn't or no, you don't wish to speak of it?" Angela sat back on her heels. "No..." She mumbled. "He didn't hurt me. He grabbed me and said he was taking me back to Olympus and when I screamed he covered my mouth." She was still shaking a bit but the tears has stopped. Only a few fell from her eyes at this point.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fury, drove up to the apartment and cursed Coulson for running in. "Dammit Coulson; if you’re dead..." He followed the trail upstairs and saw Coulson standing next to Darcy he was arguing with her. Fury walked in and frowned. Loki was kneeling by Angela speaking softly to her.
"Coulson you're an idiot" Fury remarked. "Did you even know what you were running into?" He held up his hand as Coulson's mouth opened. "Just don't"
"Oh you just got told" Darcy laughed.
"Don't start little miss" Fury snapped at her. He looked at Loki shaking his head.
Darcy scuffed and folded her arms. "Little miss? Really?"
Fury shut her up with a glance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Loki asked.
"I think so" Angela said. She groaned. "My boobs hurt. He held me rougher than you did."
Loki smiled and let out a small laugh. "Yes, you're alright" He stood up and kissed her forehead.
"You've caused a lot of trouble" Fury said looking at him.
"Well it's to be expected" Loki said dramatically "I am the god of mischief"
"I'm not in the mood for your wise-ass-crack Loki" Fury said.
Loki came up close to him. "And I am not in the mood for you lecturing me about you issues" He pointed at Dionysus. "My friend was almost raped by this pig and he will pay dearly for it"
"That won't be necessary Loki" Ares had walked in. He was in full godly armor and everything, he still had the wolverine look going for him though with the scruffy beard.
"Excuse me but who are you?" Fury asked.
"It is none of your concern" Ares said as he walked past. "I am imply here to retrieve me captive and return the dignity of a friend." He kicked Dionysus in the head as the god started to wake up. "Stay down you dog"
"you come in here dressed for Halloween and you tell me it's none of my concern?"
"That's because it is not" Ares said. "This is Angela's home so she should be the one to decide what is important or not" He knelt down by her and they exchanged a few words. Ares put something in her hand and closed her fist gently. He kissed it and stood up walking over to Fury and Coulson. "Besides you won't remember me anyway" Reaching into his bag, he threw a bit of dust on them.
"Fairy dust?" Loki asked with a smile.
"Temporary amnesia." Ares said. "They won't remember me at all and believe Dionysus has been taken by earth's local authorities." He smiled and took Dionysus by the shirt, vanishing in a pillar of light.
Darcy smiled. "Ok he's cool." she sat by Angela to see what Ares gave her.
Fury blinked and turned to Loki. "And where is this pig now?"
"Midgardian authorities have him" Loki said, surprised that the fairy dust actually worked.
"How do I know that you're not just making this up as an excuse to why you're here?" Fury accused.
"Because I can vouch for him" Coulson said. "I don't like him any more than you do sir, but he is telling the truth. I saw a man holding Angela hostage. If it weren't for Loki, she could be dead."
As the men argued Darcy asked Angela what Ares gave her. Angela slowly opened her hand to reveal a flame.
"Does it hurt?" Darcy asked.
Angela shook her head. "It's warm but it doesn't burn" The flame traveled to Angela's finger tips and made its way to the center of the top of her hand. It traced out the symbol of Ares on her skin and disappeared. What was left was the symbol. It was just barely lighter than Angela's skin tone, but if she focused, Angela could make it out. ((The picture is his symbol))
"What I it?" Darcy asked.
"It's the mark of Ares" Angela said. "He said I am forever his ally."
"Aaron was Ares?" Darcy asked. "Like the god of war?"
Angela nodded. "Cool isn't it? But you have to keep the secret"
"I will" Darcy said. "Wow... now the dagger makes sense" they both laughed and Angela stood up.
"Remember I was your prisoner for a year" Loki said with a scowl. "do even know how boring that was?"
"Excuse me" Fury said. "But we don't go to your planet and blow stuff up then say it wasn't our fault!"
"I never said it wasn't my fault, you mewling quim!" Loki hissed.
"Knock it off!" Angela yelled. She sighed at the stupidity of this argument. "Loki" she said. "I'm fine, I'll be ok." she smiled and hen looked at Fury with a scowl. "I never said you were allowed in my home, so technically you're breaking and entering. Last time I checked, that's a federal law or something along the lines. You both could go to prison if you don't get out of my house, right now"
Darcy giggled. "Oh! She told you!" she thought. This was a delicate situation so she kept her mouth shut.
"Ms. Reede do you even know what laws you've broken by keeping him here?" Fury asked pointing to Loki.
"Does it look like I care?" Angela asked.
"You have become a problem" Fury said. "A problem that I have to deal with!"
"If you just left me alone in the first place I wouldn't be a problem!" Angela shot back.
Darcy glanced at Coulson. Both were listening while Loki, Angela and Fury argued. Both looked rather annoyed and bored.
"Given that Loki just saved Angela from being the new face on MISSING" Darcy interrupted. "Then can't that count as good boy points or something?"
Angela held her tongue from laughing at the 'good boy points' comment. Darcy had her own, original way with words.
"You want me to let him go for one life?" Fury asked. "When he's threatened hundreds with a force that leveled a small town?"
"That and a year stuck with you guys should make up for that" Darcy said.
"Why should I listen to a little girl?" Fury asked.
"Perhaps she has a point" Coulson said. "Maybe we could make a deal."
"Where are you getting at Coulson?" Fury asked.
"Well maybe if maybe if he brings in one of our top 3 we could let him off the hook" Coulson said.
"Are you out of you mind?" Fury asked.
"I'll do it" Loki said. "Get off my back and I’ll bring you whomever you want"
Fury thought about this. "Fine. You got a deal. But if you even think about breaking the deal, I'll jail your ass fast then you can say Asgard"
Loki nodded his agreement. you have a deal"
♠ ♠ ♠
i didn't really consider Loki's powers in this story till way later... oops