Until We're Gone

Marlene Joelle Smith

I was sitting in my room listening to music. Nothing unusual. The same thing I did everyday for the past year and a half when I got out of school. It’s not like I have friends or anything. Actually music is my friend. So what made today so different? The fact that my parents were both home and weren’t arguing. They argued everyday over every little thing. It’s gotten to the point that I’m wishing they get a divorce, so I don’t go to bed with a headache every night. I think the only reason that they don’t get a divorce is because they don’t want other people to know that they aren’t perfect and my dad doesn’t want to give my mom any of his “hard earned money.”

Sorry where are my manners, telling all these personal details about myself and didn’t even say my name. I am Marlene Joelle Smith. Some people call me MJ for short. Now that introductions are over let’s get back to the issue at hand: my dick parents or was it my friendless life? I don’t remember. But I have no friends because girls are bitches and guys are all assholes. The last time I made a friend was freshmen year and by Halloween I beat her ass in front of the principal and her parents for being a fake bitch. Let’s just say her mom plastic surgeon came in handy when i was done with her. I don’t want to get into anymore detail than that.

But with my parents I guess they love me. Or they think throwing money at me and expecting me to stay out of their way love. I literally have everything a little girl or a teen girl could want. When I was 7 I asked my dad for a pony...He had a stable built and bought me a stable full of horses and private instructors to teach me how to ride. My parents argued over that. Hell my parents argued over what to eat for breakfast this morning and what tie my dad should wear to work. So an hour after they both got home and I didn’t hear yelling I decided to go see what was going on.

I snuck downstairs to see my parents talking and leaning over a piece of paper on the table. I clear my throat to let them know I was there.

“Marly! Why didn’t you tell us?” My mom exclaimed.

Before I could answer her my dad comes over and hugs me. “We are so proud of you love! I told you, you can do anything if you put your mind to it!”

I look between the two of them. “What the bloody hell are you two going on about? What did I do?” I honestly didn’t know. They couldn’t have been this happy over a report card. I’ve been getting straight A’s since 7th grade.

my mom holds out the piece of paper to me.

To: Marlene Joelle Smith

We are proud to present you with this acceptance letter to Jackson High Boarding School for the Talent Inclined. We have studied you for quite sometime and starting this fall we will love for you to join us. Your schedule and other essentials are include along with our school brochure.

I look up at my parents horrified.

“YOU’RE SENDING ME TO BOARDING SCHOOL!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS SHIT, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Please don’t do this! I promise I’ll make all the friends you want me to, I play nice with all the neighbors and their snotty kids. Mom I’ll take those art classes you wanted me to have last year, Just please don’t send me away!” I pleaded with them. They looked at each other and looked slightly ashamed.

“Marly we already sent in your acceptance. We thought you applied to this school and so we just sent it in for you.” My mom told me looking down.

‘I can’t believe this is happening! I have to do something to change their minds...Maybe my power will work.’ I thought. I looked my dad in his eyes and walked up to him.

“Dad.” I said seductively. “You really don’t want to send me away to boarding school do you?” I asked running my hand down his tie, still looking him in his eyes.

“Marly what are you doing?” I looked at him startled. It wasn’t working, it ALWAYS works.

“Nothing.” I muttered. I turned to run upstairs. "Start packing. you leave in two days!” Mom yelled after me.

I can’t believe that it didn’t work. My power always work. Why did it fail the one time I truly needed it? Since 7th grade when I entered puberty I’ve had this special power. When I look into someone's’ eyes and/touch them (touching makes it stronger) I can make people do whatever I want. It’s not controlling them, it’s more of a seduction. Whenever I use it while I am using it and maybe a bit after the person kind of falls in love with me. Freaky I know, but it helps me stay out of trouble and get good grades, so I don’t mind a bit of flirting. The best part is it works on females too!

Two Days Later

“Welcome to Jackson High Ms. Smith.” Mrs. Manning the Headmaster greeted me when I walked into her office.

“It’s MJ” I told her.

“Welcome MJ then.” She said with a smile. “Please have a seat.” I sat down and looked around her office. It was a decent sized office with nice decorations and family pictures on the desk. Pretty basic.

“I understand your parents couldn't be here today?” I snorted and nodded. “Well than lets get you settled. You will start classes tomorrow. Here is you exact schedule.”

She handed me two pieces of paper. I didn’t even glance at them.

“ Due to your..issues..with other kids we are going to start you off in a solitary room. Meaning you won’t have to share, but unlike the other kids, it is mandatory for you to go into the great hall for meals, so you get proper social interaction.”

“The great hall? what is this Harry Potter? Will you tell me I’m a witch and give me a wand next?” I said with a chuckle.

Mrs. Manning gave me a stern look. “While your humour is appreciated, you will not speak to me in that disrespectful tone.”

I looked at her face and decided I didn’t want to test her patience and nodded my understanding.

“Good let me show you to your room.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate beginnings, but they are so necessary. Enjoy loves. <3