Status: In Progress

So Far Away

Afterlife

*Matt’s P.O.V.*

“Thank you” I tried to smile to the last person that was leaving my place.

Actually I was happy that the last guest disappeared now. There was nothing more to spend the rest of the day with my friends and wife. I just didn’t want anyone around me, saying how sorry they are about the loss and sharing their own story with Jimmy. I liked to hear that and I usually had no problems with that but right now it was good to be on my own with ones I love the most.

“Does anyone know where Brian is?” Johnny interrupted the silence.

“No” I shook my head saying the words scarcely audible.

“He is probably gone back to his place and crying his eyes out” Zacky said while staring out of the window.

We all struggled with the grief in a different way. I choose the way to be surrounded by my people. It was distracting my mind and it helped me much better than the way Brian was probably choosing for himself. I didn’t want to imagine his pain right now but if he would go on by going that way alone I was pretty scared of losing another good friend.
“I hope you are right” I said crossing my arms and start biting on my own nails.

The uncertainty was driving me insane. There were only theories but being here and doing nothing was no solution either. I wanted to do something. I rather had him here, carrying for that little dickhead than anywhere else where anything could happen.
Since the day he had met Jimmy they never spent a day without each other. That was making the whole scenario just worse.

“Calm down, sweetheart” Valary said and placed herself right behind me.

I saw her arms wrapping around my waist while trying to place her head on my shoulder. I was happy to have that girl beside me. She had always been there for me since my childhood and I didn’t want to live without her anymore. Many of us could count themselves blessed by having a significant other on their side that was supporting us through these dark days. Brian had broken up with his girlfriend two months ago when he finally found out that she was just using his fame to become famous as well. We all had warned him but people had to make their own mistakes to realize they had chosen the wrong way. And who had been there at the moment he burst out crying? Jimmy.
It was just another simple prove they were the perfect puzzle. No one had to say anything to make sure he needed the other one. But who would be there now for him after he lost his soul mate?

*Brian’s P.O.V.*

Finally arrived my destination: Manchester. I wasn’t really sure I was choosing that town for my new home for the next weeks, months or even years. Only time would tell how much time I would be spending here. I had specially looking for a place where no one would recognize me, so the first thing I cut from the list was the United States. Europe always had been a nice treat for us and it had some lovely places to spend their time without people annoying you by asking for a photo or autograph. I couldn’t really explain it to myself why I exactly was choosing that place to stay but I kind of liked it here when we went on Europe tour last year.
Now I just had to find a place to stay. They’ve had a lot of hotels to offer but I was just looking for one bed. So the chances might be good that I would find somewhere a lovely cozy room for myself.

As it was usually for the United Kingdom it was raining and cold. I definitely planned on staying inside for the rest of the days as long the weather was like that.

Hours passed and when I passed the Shopping Center in the Church St. I looked at a high-rise building that reminded me more at a house with apartments than a hotel as the sign on the door said. Well the sun was about to go down and I still haven’t found what I was looking for. Who actually expected that almost every hotel in this god damn city was booked out?
I went inside and looked at younger lady smiling at me. She was a bit different than the others ones at the reception. Most of them were grumpy and didn’t seem to like my presence. She was the first friendly girl that I saw today. I was still wearing my black sunglasses that must look really awkward by the fact that it was still raining outside.

“Hello. Well do you have some room for a stranger like me?” I said almost chuckling at my own words.

“Yes indeed, Sir. We still have some rooms left” she kept smiling.

“I would like to take one then.”

She nodded and handed me over some paper. I filled it out with my name and contact details to make my way to the room. I couldn’t hold back already my yawning and never longed so much for a bed than right now. I never had been good at finding sleep on the plane since it was really uncomfortable and noisy. Plus my feet were hurting terribly from all the walking. I just needed some rest.

“Thanks” I said in a nice tone before I was walking to the elevator to make my way to the room.

In the elevator I was realizing that I was actually making a mistake by filling out the blanks on the piece of paper she was giving me. Instead of a different name I filled it out with my real name and with my real contact details. I totally blamed my weariness for this faux pas. I had planned it quite different but now after I couldn’t change it anymore I was hoping that no one would start looking for me here. My friends might respected my privacy but I saw how many calls I already had missed in the last 20 hours and I expected far more in the next few days.

I opened the door and looked at some small nice apartment that had a really beautiful view over the city. It might be interesting at some time but now I looked to the bed that was placed to the right and looked pretty inviting to me. So I turned off my phone and throw myself onto the bed, closed the eyes and immediately fell asleep.

*Brooke’s P.O.V.*

Brian Haner Jr.?! I was pretty sure that I’ve heard that name before. A bell ringed already when he came into that hotel, looking so disguised as he would fear that someone would recognize him. He wasn’t surely the only one with a lot of tattoos since I got plenty on my arms and back as well. So that wasn’t probably the reason he was hiding himself behind a hoody and sunglasses.
I don’t know why but that guy fascinated me and I would keep my eye on him for the next few days. It’s kind of funny that I thought about to quit my job here since it became really boring. The hotel went really bad when I had to be honest and I was far too young to work my entire life for a place where just business people come and go. I needed some excitement and I was promising myself that this Brian Haner was one party animal as I surely was.

“Mrs. Henderson” I heard a man yelling at me and when I turned my head to the left I saw my boss yelling at me.

“Yes” I sighed and tried not to sound too annoyed by his presence.

“This isn’t a place for you to dream in your own little world. Go to the work. There is plenty of stuff that needs to be done.”

I couldn’t stand that ugly fat guy that called himself my boss. He was some other guy in a suit walking around the whole time, pretending to be busy while he was a coffee after another. I really wondered when that guy was actually working. Except his definition of work was when he seduced all the female staff at work, trying to get them follow him into his office for some fun. It was no secret anymore amongst us what he wished to be doing. Plenty of times I knew he was standing right behind me, looking at my bum and imagined how I would fulfill his dirty kinky fantasies. That man was so disgusting. He was actually one of the main reason why I wanted to quit this job here but Brian Haner would make my stay a bit more exciting I guess. So I better followed my boss order before he would be firing me.

*Brian’s P.O.V.*

“Jimmy?”

I couldn’t make out if it was my best friend but through all the hair and drumming sounds that got louder I just had could come up with that. I actually wasn’t in a room or at least it didn’t look like it since it was all dark around me and we both seemed to be the only persons in that kind of … nowhere.

“I knew you would come” he said with a big grin sitting on his chair and spinning his drum stick.

“Where am I? What are you …?” I was pretty confused by myself.

“We are in our kind of world, Syn. You don’t recognize that place anymore. We had been going here several times before.”

Actually I can’t remember that I ever had been here before but I was too confused to mention that. It was Jimmy in front of me, smiling and seeming the same dork as he was before he died.

“We all miss you.”

I knew I was dreaming and even then I couldn’t say anything else than we are missing him. There was so much to say than just saying how miserable we all feel after that loss.

“There’s no reason for that, dude. I had been here all the time and will stay with you. You all won’t become some pussy cats, won’t you?” he started even to joke.

For me it was pretty to laugh at that. Maybe he was right and we just couldn’t see it yet but handle a situation like that needed time. A lot of time in my case.

“By the way I was really moved by your speech on my grave. Good word dude. I wouldn’t have done it any better.”

“I still don’t know why you did that. You had promised me something. Do you remember? We will …”

“… grow old together and keep getting drunk at our favorite place. I didn’t forget that. But you aren’t listening to me. I’m not dead when you don’t forget where you can find me. Remember just a good moment and I’m with you all the time. Call me your guiding angel” he interrupted me and stayed in his good mood.

It was cheering me up a little and helping to overcome the pain but it wouldn’t surely turn back the time anymore. I was glad Jimmy was still around us, even if that means I had to fall asleep to see him.