Status: Updates are really slow...

Remember When You Were a Mad Man

Alright Children, The Lights Are Out And The Party's Over

"Zand-!!!"

Pure and utter agony.

Zander lay there spurting blood everywhere, and his undead attacker lay truly dead with a no longer a head which was now mush due to my fury.

A layer a fog rolled across the now huge empty space until it sank into the corners of my head, the only thing I could think about.

I sank to my knees next to him and brought his torso into my lap. Zander was breathing heavily and bleeding from the gash in his neck too much for him not to bleed out soon. I ripped off a piece of his already torn shirt and held it to his wound in an attempt to help at least stop the bleeding. I know I can't do anything else.

I didn't want to cry but tear were threatening to spill. I didn't want his last image of me to be me sobbing over him.

"Nova..",he gasps," It hurts.." He was already turning pale as a sheet, I couldn't move. I know I can't do anything for him and I've accepted that if I wanted to or not.

The screams and the tears still rolled as Zander coughed up more blood; splattering my face in the color.

"Nova?" Zander whispered.

"Yes baby?" I sniffled and put on a smile just for him while I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Make sure you take care of Arcane,make sure he gets enough food and never let him out of your sight. Ok?" I nodded with my smile, seeing blurry through tears. I kissed his forehead.

"Go to sleep Z, everything will be ok" I know what comes next, why should he be any different..I can't even.

Zander took his last blood splattering breath as he closed his eyes.

I was was angry. Angry is an understatement. Furious? That's too soft of a word.

Livid? Any word to describe how in hate toward people is immense.

The fact that they just stood there and let the Geek get to my brother; a child even. Everyone rescued there own child but no one bothered to help mine? They just stand there like a group of idiots.

I ran up to the first person I saw, grabbing them by the collar."Why?! Why didn't you fucking help him?! He was just a boy!" I demanded through gritting teeth. This dumbfounded idiot could only look at my with his hands up in surrender and shake his head.

I repeat the action to the other people who just stood there to let him die. After all I've done for them, this is how they repay me?

Don't get me wrong I'm pretty well known in the camp. People obviously know who Zander is. It's fucking ridiculous.

_______________________________

"Nova what are you doing?" My heart nearly stopped.

"Jesus Christ! What the hell?", I said as I held my hand over heart. Jane had come in and I didn't even notice. Usually I'd be one of those 'Hear twig snap, have a gun ready to shoot anything that moved' kind of people. I was too numb to try or even care.

"Sorry, what are you doing up this early in the morning? Do you have Guard Patrol?"

"Nah, I don't I just couldn't sleep." I lied. I had nearly everything packed up in my dad's old truck already. I just had my game bag to pack. I throw on my jacket before pushing past Jane.

"Well then where are you going- ARE YOU LEAVING?!" I didn't even look at her as I knelt down to scoop up Arcane; who was mewing at my feet and shove him gently into my game bag.

"Just don't want to be here anymore" I said bluntly.

"But you're our best fighter! You can't just leave! Think of everyone who needs you, are you just going to leave them?" I pushed the key in the ignition and the engine coughed to life."Last time I checked I didn't stay here for anyone but my brother. No one else was supposed to be my concern. You all were doing just fine without us, without me"

"Just don't say anything" Jane gave me the eye and stepped out from the door and I shut it. I was so easy for her to let go...too easy.

________________________________

The Sun was barely crawling into the sky, I had been maybe driving for 3 hours or so.

Arcane was whimpering; most likely because he was hungry or because he now just noticed Zander's absence.

My eyes constantly scan for a possible safe shelter for a while. Arcane came over and curled up next to me, occasionally kneading at my thigh as he slept.