Status: Fin

Love You

Twenty

Charlotte got hired soon after her interview. Luckily for her, she didn't have to show up to work everyday, she could work from home if she wanted to. But Charlotte being the person she is, she went in everyday, got to know her co workers and set up her bigger office, seeing she's the chief of the hospital.

After our spat about cheating, our relationship got stronger, me being more responsible and thoughtful of my actions. I didn't want to lose Charlotte over a one night stand.

~~~

"Adam can you please get the door? That's probably my parents." Tonight was family dinner over our place and Charlottes' parents and sister along with her husband and her three little children were stopping by. I haven't seen Charlottes' family since her graduation and I know it was going to be a long night.

I walked over to the door and answered it, the Donovan clan waiting patiently. I smile.

"Hi guys come on in. Come on in." I move out the way of Charlottes' family, my toe getting stepped on by the rampant kids running through the door. I wince.

"Woah your Adam Burish!" Amanda's husband exclaimed. I smile and nod.

"Yeah nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you to! Amanda never told me you were dating her little sister."

"Honey it was for the best." Amanda said patting David's shoulder.

"Hi everyone!" Charlotte appeared from the kitchen and wrapped one of her arms around my waist.

~~~

"What was it you wanted to talk to me about son?" Charlottes' dad and I were in the hall away from everyone else in the room.

"Mr. Donovan Charlotte and I have been very serious about our future together and both of us know we want to be with each other for the rest of our lives." I started. Her dad took a pull off of his beer.

"That's very good son. How's everything been lately between you two?"

"Everything's been great, better than ever actually. I wanted to ask you an important question."

"Go right ahead son."

"I wanted to ask for Charlottes' hand in marriage. May I marry Charlotte? Do I have your approval?" I was nervous of the answer that her dad was going to give me. I wasn't even sure if guys still asked dads approval for marriage.

"Son let me explain something to you and I want you to listen to me good."

"I'm all ears."

"Charlotte is a grown woman and can make her own decisions. Meaning whatever makes her happy I'm all for it."

"Yeah."

"When you propose to her and she says yes, you have my approval. It's the twenty first century and you shouldn't have to ask me for her hand in marriage. She isn't property!" Charlottes' dad chuckled and he had a warm smile in his face.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize son! I know your just trying to be respectful and there is nothing wrong with that."

"Thank you sir."

"No problem. When Charlotte says yes, I know my baby is going to be so happy."

"I don't know if she'll say yes."

"Adam I've been in Charlottes' life, all twenty-six years of them and she never really brought any guys home. I was beginning to think Charlotte was going to bring a man around when she turned forty! But the fact that Charlotte brought you home and you two established something, I know what you two have is special. She cares about you a lot young man and I know in my heart she'll say yes." Mr. Donovan gave me a warm smile.

"Thank you sir. I really care about Charlotte and I want her to be my wife."

"She will be your wife! One of these days!"

"Do you think were moving to fast?"

"Not at all. Charlottes' mother and I got married after dating for four months. Everything is running smoothly."

"Wow."

"It's alright to move quicker than others. Everyone's relationship is different. It's just how you treat it, how you take care of it. I have faith in you and Charlotte."

"Thanks." I was appalled at how cool Charlottes' dad was.

"Dad? Adam? Were starting a new game of spoons! Where are you guys?" Charlotte shouted for us. Her dad smiled.

"Here we come sweetheart!" Her dad replied. I followed after him.

"Where were you guys?" Charlotte asked. I kissed her forehead.

"Adam was just showing me his new fishing rods." Her dad played off. I exhaled peacefully.

~~~

"Did you have fun tonight with your family?" I asked Charlotte. I had my head in her lap and she played mindlessly with my hair. We were in bed and I lay comfortable in between her legs.

"So much fun. Work has been so boring and you've been gone on road trips, it was nice just being with people I love." She replied. I looked up into her eyes and she was looking back at me with this loving look. My future wife I hope.

"I hate that I travel so much. But only one trip to Columbus and I'm yours for over a week." I kissed her hand and she caressed my cheek.

"I love you." She leaned down and kissed me.

"I love you too."

~~~

"Hey babygirl. What's going on?"

"Nothing much. Just got off work and I'm at home now. Good job tonight." When I was on the road and Charlotte and I will call each other, she always congratulated me on the game.

"How was work?"

"Long, no interesting patients today. God I miss being a regular physician." I could hear rustling on the other line.

"Why? I thought you liked your new job."

"I do but I don't get to do as much work as I used to. All I do is make sure doctors are in the right place that day. It's only fun if a big surgery has to happen immediately."

"Your something else you know that?"

"I've been told."

"Hi Charlotte!" Sharpie shouted from his side of the room I laughed.

"Who was that?"

"Sharpie. He says hi."

"Tell him I said hi too. Is the other Patrick and Dustin there?"

"No there in their rooms right now." As if on cue, the hotel room phone began ringing.

"Hold up Charlotte." I told her. I answered. I whispered to Sharpie.

"Sharpie Tazer is looking for his bag have you seen it?" I tried not to laugh.

"Tazer's bag is missing?" Sharpie said playing coy.

~~~

"Charlotte?" I just home after our short trip. She came down the hall in a robe."

"Hey baby. How was your trip?"

"Fun. I missed you." I bent down and kissed her and she gladly returned it.

"I missed you too."

"You went in to work today?"

"Nope. Wanted to be here so you can prove how much you missed me." She said smirking. I pulled her close.

"Bedroom or the kitchen?" I said in her ear.

"Bedroom." She said. I kissed her and picked her up off the floor and carried her to our bedroom. She pulled off my suit jacket once we got there and began working on my shirt.

I kissed her neck and undid her robe. I laid her down on the bed and started helping her with my clothes. I was naked soon enough and I was ready for her. I grabbed a condom and quickly slipped into her. I gave her deep, long strokes with my hand in her hair. She moaned and wrapped her hands around my arms and threw her head back . I sped up and kissed her neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Feedback! ^▽^