Status: Fin

Love You

Twenty-one

It was an rare off day and I was lazing around at home, happy to catch a break from the busyness of the season. Things were going great and our season was better than ever. Since Charlotte was at work for the day and Sydney had an off day, I decided that we should go ring shopping. We planned to do it later on, in the afternoon.

I was flicking through channels on the t.v when my phone rang. I didn't check the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Burr! How's your off day going?" Buff boomed in my ear.

"Uh just fine. How about yours?"

"It's going swell thank you for asking. Anyway I wanted to invite you and later on some teammates over to my place for some pizza,beer, and video games. You up?"

"I'm gonna have to skip out on this gathering Buff." He gasped.

"Burr! Why are you not coming over? Did I do something wrong?"

"Buff! You did nothing wrong. It's just I have something planned for today."

"Spending the day with little lady?"

"She's at work. I'm going engagement ring shopping today."

"Burr! You didn't even tell me you were going to pop the question to little lady! Oh man!"

"Yeah. I'm sorry I didn't tell you man."

"It's alright. So your going by yourself?"

"No. Her friend is going with me so I pick the right one."

"Hmm. What time you guys leaving?"

"Around twelve. Why?"

"Well I'll be at your place at eleven fifty so we can leave in a orderly fashion."

"What? No! Your not coming engagement ring shopping with me!"

"See ya soon." With that Buff hung up. I shook my head in disbelief.

~~~

It was eleven thirty and I was getting dressed so Sydney, Buff, and I can shop and beat Charlotte home. I was eating some popcorn when the door swung open. It was Charlotte and I wanted to spit my popcorn out. She wasn't supposed to be home!

"Hey baby! What are you doing home so early?" I asked her. She hugged me and plopped on the couch.

"I got demoted."

"Holy shit I'm sorry babygirl."

"No I asked for the demotion. I'm going back to being a regular physician. They let me go home early because my schedule won't be finalized until next week."

"Charlotte why did you ask for a demotion?" I sat next to her on the couch and tangled my hand in hers.

"Adam I already told you that being a chief of an hospital is boring and long. Being a physician is much more exciting and fun." She put her head on my shoulder and I wrapped an arm around her.

"Whatever makes you happy baby." I exhaled and I kissed her cheek.

"Hmm. Anyway were you going somewhere?"

"Uh yeah. Buff and I were going to hang out. He should be here any minute."

"Oh. How long where you gonna be gone?" Charlotte asked. I knew she didn't want to be alone.

"Not long. If we end up being out awhile longer I'll call you." I kissed the pout off her face and stood up.

"Okay. I'll see what Amanda is up too."

~~~

While Charlotte was in the shower true to his word, Buff came over at twelve, earlier than Sydney. I was even more surprised to see Kaner with Buff. I rubbed my face.

"Guys really? Please tell me you didn't tell anyone else from the team." Sydney looked surprised at being in the same room as Patrick Kane.

"We didn't tell anyone else. I was already at Buff house when he called you Burr. We'll be on our best behavior!" Kaner said in between mouthfuls of popcorn. I winced.

"Maybe we should get going. Before Charlotte gets out the shower and realizes what were doing." Sydney suggested. I nodded and we all left.

~~~

We were at the fifth store shopping for the perfect ring. I didn't see one that surprised me and neither did Sydney. I was getting tired and hungry. I was tired of looking at countless rings- all together I hated jewelry shopping. I never thought I'd see myself at this point.

Kaner was at one display, looking at necklaces while Buff was looking at rings in a display case. Sydney and I were at the front, waiting for assistance. A young girl came to the front and smirked at me. She recognized us, I could tell from her look.

"Hello! My name is Julie. Did you need any assistance?" She leaned over the counter giving me a great view of her breast. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes. I'm looking for an engagement ring to propose to my girlfriend. This is my friend assisting me." The girl stood up straight and snarled.

"I'll send another employee over to help you." She walked to the back of the store and soon enough an older woman came out and smiled at us.

"Hi there. My name is Sharon and I've been told your looking for engagement rings?" She raised a brow.

"Yes. I'm looking for the perfect ring so I can propose to my girlfriend." I told the lady.

"Oh how sweet! May I ask your name?"

"I'm Adam and this is Sydney, my girlfriends best friend." We shook hands and soon enough we looked at small rings, large rings, simple rings and loud rings. Again we found nothing that caught our eyes.

"Excuse me. Adam. Sydney. What about this ring?" Buff was leaning over one display with his finger pointed to a specific one. Sydney, the saleswoman and I slid over to his counter.

Sydney gasped and my eyes went wide.

"This is perfect! It's beautiful!" Sydney exclaimed.

"Yes I agree! This one just came in. It's very light for its size and it isn't too much. It's simple and elegant." Sharon added on.

I was shocked. I can imagine Charlotte wearing it, adorning her small hand without looking heavy. It was perfect.

"Would you like to get a better look?" Sharon asked. I nodded and she took the ring from the case and handed it to me. It was light for it size and it wasn't to big or small. I turned it and nodded. It was the one.

"We'll be taking this one please." Sharon clasped her hands and took the ring back.

"These bands will go great with them." Kaner commented. We walked over and Sharon nodded.

"They are perfect. You gentleman have an eye for jewelry! Now Mr. Adam we can discuss payment plans."

"No need. I'll pay for it in full."

~~~

I quietly close the door looking around for Charlotte. I looked all over the place and didn't see her. I pull out my phone and call her.

"Hey baby! Did you make it home?" She answered pretty chipper.

"Yeah. Just got in not long ago. Where are you?"

"I'm at the nail salon getting my nails done. Right now there drying so I'll be home in a bit."

"Okay. I'll take care of dinner then."

"Alright love you bye!" I hung up and looked for a hiding place in our home. My bedside table was a no go, not in any other room, not my closet with fishing poles. I choose to put in my shoe in our closet. My shoes were on the highest shelf and Charlotte couldn't reach it. I was proud of myself.

~~~

After I successfully hid Charlottes' ring, I went through our kitchen drawer looking for take out menus. A knock at the door stopped me in my tracks. I went over and answered it, Sharpie and Abby holding takeout containers.

"Hey Burr! Sorry for popping up unexpected but we brought sushi." Sharpie said. I was happy that dinner was taken care of.

"It's alright. Come in guys." I moved out their way and lead them to the dining room.

"We didn't know what Charlotte liked so we got a little bit of everything." Sharpie said sitting down a bag.

"Thanks guys. I appreciate it." I began looking for glasses and getting down plates.

"Speaking of which where is Charlotte?" Abby asked taking out food.

"She's at the nail salon. She'll be here soon." I replied. I took out some fruit punch for us to drink.

"Well good. We can have this conversation without the awkwardness." Abby said. I frowned.

"What conversation? What's the matter?"

"Nothing serious Burr! We just have some questions that's all." Sharpie said.

We all laid out the surplus of food and sat at the dinner table and began eating. I was suspicious of what Abby and Sharpie wanted.

"So what did you guys want to talk about?"

"Well today Buff had a team bonding gathering at his place and when I called to see if I needed to bring anything, he cancelled saying that you asked him to go engagement ring shopping with him." Sharpie said wiping his hands.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. I was surprised because one: Why would you ask him to go engagement ring shopping? I mean I love Buff and all but seems weird and two, I didn't even know you were planning on proposing to Charlotte. I mean we're best buddies and you'd tell me something huge like that right?" Sharpie looked hurt and I swallowed my food.

"Well first off, I didn't ask Buff to go engagement ring shopping with me. He just tagged along with Sydney and I. Kaner was there too. Sharpie I was gonna tell you tomorrow at lunch." Abby squealed.

"Oh my gosh! I knew this was gonna happen!"

"Yeah. Abby please don't anyone. Same for you Sharpie. I want it to seem unexpected."

"Well everyone kind of knew that you two were gonna get married." Sharpie mumbled.

"I haven't asked her yet and I don't know if she'll say yes."

"Oh please. You two are already like a married couple." Abby said giggling.

"What's so funny?"

"Your terrified that Charlotte is gonna say no when it's clear you two are gone for each other." Abby said with a small smile.

"When are you going to ask her?" Sharpie raised a brow.

"I was thinking over Olympic break or after our one year anniversary. I'm not sure."

"Olympic break definitely. You can take her some place special for however long and pop the question!" Abby recommended.

"Abby that's genius!"

"I know."

~~~

I ran my fingers through Charlottes' soft hair as I kissed her small but plump lips. I rubbed her lower back and thrust my hips forward and rub my member on her thigh. She moans and tugs at my hair and uses her other hand to cup my face and trace my jaw line. Abby and Sharpie left an hour ago and Charlotte and I wanted to spend some time together. She ran a hot bath, massaged my shoulders and I rubbed her feet. She needed some comfortable shoes, her crocs wearing out.

I pressed her down into our bed and I kissed her soft skin and neck. I touched and rubbed every inch of her body and she squirmed when I bit or sucked at a sensitive spot. I kissed a trail to in between her legs and kissed her soft lips that was so moist. She moaned as I flicked my tongue over her clit and had my middle and index finger moving and thrusting in and out of her.

She tastes so sweet, wet and needy. I stopped and got in between her legs and looked down at her. She's so gorgeous, looking flushed and breathless lips pursed, eyes filled with want and pleasure.

Soon enough I slip into her and began moving, watching her reaction with every thrust. She wraps her legs around my waist and slips her arms under mine which are planted on both sides of her head. She buries her head my neck and begins moaning louder. She feels so hot and good I wasn't going to last.

~~~

"Charlotte?" I looked down at her, body pressed against mine. She was cuddled up on my chest relaxing. I felt her eyelashes moving so I knew she was awake.

"Yeah baby?"

"Name a city that's out of country that you've always wanted to visit."

"Paris. Why?"

"Because. The Olympic break is coming up and I wanted to whisk you away to a nice getaway."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Just me and you. In the city of love." My plan was going to be even better now that I found out she wanted to go to the most romantic place on earth.

"Aww! Thank you!"

"Don't thank me. Just give me a kiss." She leaned up and kissed me and smiled kissing both of my cheeks. God I love this woman.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Feedback ^▽^