Living Dead Girl

5

I sat alone for hours in the cell. Voices were heard upstairs, but I didn't care to listen to what they had to say. My stomach wound had healed, leaving me weaker from the loss of blood and a ruined shirt. I was still somewhat shocked from what Damon had done. Guess people do change over time...

"Why must we be here?" I asked Damon as he escorted me down the grand staircase. Eyes fell upon us both, but mostly me since I was the guest of honor. Of course I had asked Damon to escort me since he was my closest friend.

"Because your Father has a surprise for you," Damon smiled to me, yet it seemed like something was bothering him.

"Of course," I answered as we got to the bottom of the staircase.

Stefan was standing at the bottom smiling as I slipped my arm around his. I caught the disapproving look my Father gave me, but I ignored it. I didn't know why my Father never liked the Salvatore boys. They were always so polite and charming around me. Father once told me to stay away, but I did not listen. He nearly had a heart attack when he found out that I asked Damon to escort me down the stairs this evening. He tried to talk me out of it and ask Alexander Addams, a boy who I never got along with, instead. Mother finally told him that there was no harm in letting Damon escort me, and Father reluctantly agreed.

The boys lead me over to my Mother and Father. I gave each a kiss on the cheek before they let me go. Father forced a fake smile while Mother was grinning happily at me. I stood between my parents while my sister, Annabelle, stood beside Mother, and my brother, Matthew, stood beside Father. Father held up his wine glass before tapping it to get everyone's attention. When all eyes were on us, he began his speech on why we were all gathered here. I paid little attention to what he was saying and kept my eyes on Damon and Stefan.

"My oldest, Camille, will soon be eighteen," Father told everyone. He then began telling stories of me from growing up and how it happened so fast. "My beautiful daughter will soon be married." My eyes lit up as Father said this. Mother had always told me that one day I would be married to a lovely man and we would have beautiful children together. Mother and Father had already arranged the marriage for when I was old enough. The way she talked about family made me excited to start my own. The only thing I didn't know was who this man was. Hopefully Mother would be right about him. At least Mother promised me that we would have a long engagement and wouldn't marry until we knew each other well enough.

Father began telling everyone about the man he chose for me which made me more anxious to meet him. My eyes scanned the crowd for whoever it may be. Could it be the tall, dark, mysterious guy that I have never seen before? Or maybe it was Joseph, the boy I used to have a crush on when we were children. From what I could tell, they were the only men who weren't married yet other than Damon and Stefan. I knew it was neither Salvatore boy due to my Father's hatred for them.

"Camille, dear, meet your fiance, John Monroe." The tall, dark, mysterious guy came up to me before taking my hand and kissing it, causing me to blush. He then kissed my cheek before standing beside me to let Father finish with what he was saying. My eyes strayed up to John, who was already smiling down at me. He was dressed nicely for the event, maybe even overdressed. His long dark hair was pulled back and his face was cleanly shaven. I could also get lost in his gorgeous dark eyes.

Father finally stopped talking and let everyone go enjoy the party. Mother and Father both congratulated us before going to mingle with our guests. Matthew and Annabelle both gave me a hug before running off to play. John took my hand and pulled me off to the side where we had more privacy.

"A gift for you, my lady." He pulled out a small box from his jacket before opening it to reveal a gold necklace with a diamond heart. "Do you like it?" he asked as I stared in awe.

"Yes, I do. Thank you," I smiled. "Will you help me put it on?" I lifted my hair out of the way as I turned around to see both Salvatore brothers watching us. My eyes fell on Stefan and he seemed happy for me. Damon, however, was emotionless. Did my closest friend not care that I was getting married to a very handsome man?

With the necklace clasped, I turned around to face John. "There will be more gifts," he smiled before leaning down to kiss my cheek again. "Will you excuse me?" I nodded as he smiled one last time before going over to my Father.

Stefan and Damon both made their way to me now that I was alone. "He seems charming," Stefan smiled, getting a smile in return.

"Mother told me he was perfect for me." Damon began speaking, but my eyes landed on John who was walking back towards us. It wasn't until Damon said my name that I actually paid attention to him. I had just apologized for not listening when John joined us. "John, these are my dear friends, Stefan and Damon Salvatore."

"Nice to meet you," John said as he shook their hand. "Camille's Father has told me so much about you both." I was a bit surprised that Father said anything about the Salvatore's. I had a feeling that whatever he said probably wasn't good. "Camille, my lady, would you like to dance?" John asked and I quickly agreed. "If you could excuse us both," he nodded to Damon and Stefan. Stefan was smiling while Damon was frowning towards us both.


The creak of the cell door being opened broke me from my thoughts as my eyes landed on Damon. Maybe he never did change. Maybe he just didn't ever like the fact that I was happy. Maybe I should have listened to my Father and stayed away from them. Then I would never have been in this mess.

Damon didn't say a word as he took the chains off my wrists. I watched him carefully as I rubbed my wrists. Why was he now letting me go? Or was it some kind of trap?

"I should have listened to my Father," I muttered as I stood up. "He warned me to stay away from you. I think he disliked you more than Stefan." Damon didn't say anything as he walked out of the cell. I stayed where I was and stared at his back. "Am I free to go or am I just not chained up anymore?"

"You're free to leave as long you don't plan on killing anyone else," Damon answered.

"Can't make any promises there," I smirked as I left the cell and followed Damon upstairs.

"You are seriously letting her out after all those people she killed?" The blonde that I had grabbed last night asked.

"Don't worry, Blondie. I promise to not kill that many more people." I sent her a wicked grin as she glared at Damon.

"Damon, I thought we agreed to not let her out until she turns her humanity back on?" Stefan stood beside Blondie with his arms crossed, sending Damon a disapproving look.

"What do you want me to do? It's not like I can make her!"

"Actually, I turned my humanity back on hours ago. Soon after he left me in the cell to be exact. Guess it was quite pointless now since I got out anyway," I shrugged. I could tell that none of them believed me. Funny since I was actually telling the truth. I was getting ready to speak again when my eyes landed on another girl who I had briefly laid eyes on last night. "Katherine?" Maybe my eyes were deceiving me.

"Elena, actually," she said quietly. She looked identical to Katherine which meant the rumors around here were true. Elena was a doppelganger which meant Stefan was as well.

"You knew Katherine?" Blondie asked me, earning a 'duh' from Damon. Of course I had known her. Her connection with the Salvatore's was how I knew her. She began spending more time with them when I began spending more time with John. It wasn't until I changed into a vampire that I learned what she was.

"She found me a few weeks after my transformation. She was surprised to even see me and was suspicious. She thought Stefan and Damon were with me at first, but when she found out that Damon changed me and left, she took me under her wing. She told me what had happened at Mystic Falls when I was gone. My family had sent me to stay with John's family so I got acquainted with them as well before we got married, but now I doubt that was the real reason. Nobody had told me a thing when I came back to Mystic Falls, so I didn't know that Damon and Stefan were technically dead. Guess that was why Damon was being sneaky when I saw him a few days after I came back. I was with Katherine for nearly a month before she abandoned me. Soon after I shut off my humanity." I shrugged a little.

"That explains a lot," Blondie grumbled.

"So, you and Katherine were friends?" Elena asked.

"Far from it. I'm pretty sure she hates me with a burning passion," I chuckled, earning a few questioning looks. It had been obvious back then that Katherine liked Damon and Stefan. She was jealous whenever I spent time with them. I think she even hated the fact that Damon had turned me.

"Well, if you can excuse me, I believe my work here is done and I have a date with Pairs," I smirked as I thought about going back to Pairs for the first time in two years.

"You're not leaving," Damon said as he blocked my way to the door.

"Damon, you are currently the last person I want to see. Now move," I growled.

"Please Camille, just give me one chance to fix everything I've done and if you still want to leave then you can." I inwardly groaned as Damon's words began getting to me. Having my humanity on sucks.

"Damon, you stabbed me earlier. I want nothing to do with you and hope you get what you deserve."

"Let her go, Damon. All she's done since she's been here is make a mess for us to clean up."

"Shut it, Blondie," I glared at her.

"My name is Caroline!" she shouted at me.

"Chill, Blondie." She was getting mad at me which I found hilarious.

Damon finally gave up and moved out of my way. I began walking towards the door before I stopped and went over to Stefan. I gave him a hug before kissing his cheek. I walked towards the door again, completely ignoring Damon. I said bye to Stefan as I exited the house. As soon as I was outside with the door shut, I heard Damon say, "Camille, I have always loved you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if my wording is a bit off for the flash back.