Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Death of the Family

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Chapter 2 - Death of the Family

I sat in my lessons room with my Septa as Analysa and I sewed dresses. “You will be leaving for Winterfell soon sister isn’t it exciting?” Analysa asked as she looked over her work.

“Yes I miss the Starks very much,” I smiled thinking of Robb.

“That’s great stitches my Ladies, quite beautiful,” the Septa, “run along now and play with your brother and your nephew supper will be served soon,” the Septa added as we laid down our work and left the room quickly.

“Where is everyone,” I asked looking around the household for everyone.

“It’s quiet down here you know mother gets mad when we our disturbed during our lessons,” Analysa said as we stepped outside. We frozen not moving from our spot, there was blood splattered across the green grass and bodies laying all over the field.

“Father! Mother!” I yelled running back inside pulling Analysa who was struck with fear. “Father! Mother!” I called out again as I ran towards the dinning hall. I entered burst through the double doors as I saw a man holding my Mother with a knife to her throat.

“Mother!” I yelled my father’s head snapped towards me as panic filled my eyes.

“RUN, get a horse and run as far north as you can until you have reached Winterfell?” He yelled as a man stabbed him in the back. “Take your sister you are the only two left you hear me don’t stop running,” He finished as he turned to the man who stabbed him.

“I love you both but please save yourselves,” Mother called out to Analysa and I as I pulled her back outside. We ran to the stables quickly stepping over the bodies that littered the courtyard.

“Come Analysa we must go quickly,” I said as I placed my sword on my horse.

“I can’t,” she replied tears in her eyes.

“Yes you can and you must for the family,” I told her as I put her on my horse and jumped on behind her. We rode out of the stalls as men started to chase after us shooting arrows around us scrapping my face and lodging into my shoulder. The horse kicked up it’s feet as we neared the gate, the enemy getting closer to us. The men started coming forward as I nudged my horse to pick up its pace as the gate got closer. We were almost to the gate when three men stepped in our path and aimed their bows and arrows directly at us, I tried pulling the horse to the right but we were too close to the gate for us to move anywhere. I held my breath as they each release their shot. The first arrow missed, the second hit my uninjured shoulder and the last hit Analysa directly in the chest. She cried out in pain as I pushed the horse to run through the men knocking then down and stomping on one as we barreled out of the gate.

We kept riding North for over an hour before I stopped from Analysa’s cries. “I’m so sorry sister,” I said as I layer her on the ground next to a tree.

“Just please leave me here Morgana, I will only slow you down and risk you getting caught,” Analysa said through her pain. Tears slid down my face as I pulled her cold body towards me.

“I can’t leave you, you are the only thing I have left,” I cried.

“Please Morgana live on for us just get to Winterfell quickly before you die from your wounds,” she pleaded softly.

“I’m so sorry Analysa, I love you sister and I will avenge your death I promise,” I said before she passed away in my arms. I screamed out scaring birds away and cracking the tree in half as my eyes changed colors and my magic released in my anger and sadness. I laid her softly on the ground placing a kiss on her cold forehead before I got back on top of my horse.

I pushed forward to Winterfell not stopping so I can get their sooner. I was covered in blood and dirt as the gates of Winterfell neared. I pushed the horse even faster as it ran up the curved road, the gates started to open just in time for me to ride through it. I looked down at Lord Eddard Stark who stared at me in disbelief, before I fell off the side of the horse and everything went black.