Everybody Wants to Rule the World

A Phoenix

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Chapter 3 - A Phoenix

I woke up to the sound of murmurs and movements around the warm room. I opened my eyes and tried to blink away the bright light as the murmurs got louder. “Father she has awaken,” a male voice filled with worry spoke up.

“I see son go and get the Maester, quickly,” a strong voice told the other as I heard the door open and shut.

“Morgana, are you alright?” The strong voice asked as my eye sight finally settled getting use to the light. The first thing I saw was lady Catelyn in a chair beside me sewing and Lord Stark standing at the edge of the bed.

“I’ve been better, I spoke my voice horse. I tried sitting up but a pain shot through my shoulder and I cried out.

“Don’t sit up you were injured badly, two arrows lodge in your shoulder and numerous cuts and bruises,” Lady Catelyn said as she poured me some water.

“Do you remember anything,” Lord Stark asked as he door opened for the Maester and Robb Stark to walk through.

“I remember blood, cries of the men and women, and the death of my family,” I spoke softly as tears slid down my face. “Father told me to run, to take Analysa and leave, so I did but on the way out the gates the archers caught us and killed little Analysa,” I finished looking out the window.

“What were the attackers wearing,” Lord Stark asked as the Maester started changing my dressings.

“They wore no sigil just simple black clothes,” I said quietly. “I came here like my father said, he told me to run until I reached the safest place I knew which was Winterfell. My whole household is dead young and old no one was prepared or stood a chance,” I sobbed into the wolf furs. Lady Catelyn wrapped her arms around me and rocked me lightly trying to calm me down.

“We have to find who did this,” Robb spoke up from his place by the door.

“We will son but Morgana needs to heal and rest,” Lord Stark said as he patted Robb’s shoulder.

“I didn’t even have time to grab my clothes, they were all packed for our trip here but I only grabbed the bag with the egg inside,” I said sadly. “Wait where is the egg?” I asked as realization hit me.

“It is here child we pulled it out and check for any cracks, but it was perfect and it lays on the pillow on the stand there,” Lady Stark pointed to the yellow, red, and orange egg that rest peacefully.

“Mother and Sansa are making dresses for you and even some pants and tunics on fathers request because we know you like pants to ride and practice in,” Robb smiled at me causing pink to dust my cheeks.

“Well her wounds are almost healed completely I don’t think they will even sore, but you will still probably be sore my Lady,” the Maester said after he finished examining my wounds.

“How, it has only been two days?” Robb asked in disbelief.

“You forget that she is a magic phoenix,” Lord Stark said softly.

“What do you mean?” Robb asked as the Maester left the room.

“The Hawke family is powerful high priestesses and priests, they have magically abilities and that egg there holds a phoenix, that each child was given after their birth and they were required to take care of it. Once the child is married the egg hatches into their very own phoenix and once the Hawke member dies then their phoenix dies as well. The phoenix can also die on its own if wounded bad enough but they are very powerful and it takes a great strength to kill the phoenix,” Lord Stark explained to his son.

“So Morgana’s phoenix will hatch soon then?” Robb asked looking at the egg.

“Yes, on the day of the wedding you place the egg on a pillow and after you each say your vows the egg hatches,” Lady Catelyn said as I nodded.

“I know this is a very hard time for you Morgana, but the wedding was set a month from now when your family was supposed to arrive but since everything has happened would you like to hold off even longer?” Lord Stark asked sitting in the bed next to me.

“No I am fine with the date. I will be fine and my mother and father have prepared me enough for it, I just wish they would be here to see me become a lady,” I said looking down at my hands.

“You are strong Morgana and they would be very proud of you for holding up as well as you are,” Lady Stark said as she pressed a kiss to my forehead.

“Thank you, I know my family would be upset if I did not move on daily, I am said and I mourn them but I am remembering the great times held together and I know that one day they will be avenged whether by my hand or another they won’t die in vein,” I said calmly.

“Don’t be bent on revenge it will ruin you,” Lord Stark said sharply, “But they will not die in vein,” he finished.

“Lord and Lady Stark may I go for a walk around Winterfell, I would like to look at my new home and get some fresh air,” I asked them with a small smile.

“Of course, let us men leave so you can dress in privacy,” Lord Stark said as he led Robb out who smiled gently at me.

“I am finished with this dress and you can wear it today,” Lady Stark said as she held it up for me to see. It was a beautiful emerald dress fit with the northern style.

“It’s beautiful thank you my Lady,” I said as she helped me put the dress on lacing it up.

“I won’t be a Lady to you much longer sweet child, I will soon be a mother to you, and I can’t be happier that the most beautiful and sweetest girl in all the lands gets to marry my son,” Lady Stark said as she laid my hair softly over my shoulders.

“Thank you Lady Stark, I am happy that I will be apart of your family and it will be an honor to be the Lady of Witnerfell one day,” I smiled at her as she wrapped her arms tightly around me.

“We will hold a feast in your families honor and we will all pray to the tree for their safe passing to the gods,” Lady Stark told me as we left the room. Robb was waiting outside the door for us, he quickly bowed and offered his arm to me.

“Would you mind if I accompany you on your tour of Winterfell my lady?” Robb asked as we walked down the hall.

“I would very much enjoy that, I don’t want to be alone,” I said sadly looking at my feet.

“While you are here you will never be alone, I can promise you that,” Robb smiled down at me his blue eyes shining brightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please review it would really help to know what everyone thinks!! And look at my Tumblr because I am making a lot of posts about Morgana and Robb my tumblr name is Luminiabanner.