Everybody Wants to Rule the World

A New Egg

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Chapter 5 - A New Egg

It has been about two months since the wedding and life in Winterfell was perfect. Lord Stark and Lady Stark accept me into their life as their own child. Arya, Bran, and I have become close, I train them in archery and sword fighting. Rickon follows me around and asking for stories of the magic and of the great Phoenixes that protect the lands. Sansa and I have grown more distant over the months but mainly because I spend much time with Arya, Bran, Jon, and Robb. Sansa care more about stitching and dresses while I prefer swords. Jon is one of my greatest friends as he is Robb’s. The weeks passed quickly as Lady Catelyn taught me the needs of being the Lady of Winterfell she was always displeased when I practiced swords but in the end she knew it was something from my home that wouldn’t be changed.

It was an early morning as I rolled away from Robb’s sleeping form. My stomach felt pained and weak, standing up slowly I walked to the mirror where a basin of water stood. I splashed the water gently on my face as Magicae cooed next to me. “I’m fine Magicae just a little upset stomach,” I smiled at him petting his head lightly. I turned to return to the bed but I fell to the ground before releasing my stomach contents on the floor. Magicae cawed moving to Robb and pecking at his head for help. I tried standing but my body was to weak to move.

“Magicae it is early morning please let me rest,” I heard Robb mumble.

“Robb help me,” I called out weakly causing him to shoot out of bed quickly.

“What is wrong my love?” Robb asked moving around the mess.

“I do not know, can you get Maester Luwin quickly,” I said before throwing up again this time in a pot instead of on the floor.

“Don’t move, I’ll be back as fast as I can,” Robb said before wrapping his robe around himself and bolting out the door.

When he returned I was half asleep leaning against the bed. Maester Luwin quickly came over as two chambermaids cleaned up my mess and started filling the bath.

“My Lord, will you step out for a moment while I tend to the Lady?” Maester Luwin asked after Robb had placed me on the bed. Robb nodded kissing my hand delicately before leaving shutting the door behind him.

“My dear child, you are not sick, I am sure of it,” Maester Luwin said with a smile.

“How do you know? You have not even checked me,” I said flustered.

“You have a glow, and Magicae here has been guarding you even more. Let me ask you My Lady when was your last blood moon?” Maester Luwin asked as Magicae rubbed his head against my tummy.

“Oh my gods,” I gasped touching my stomach, “I have not had one since before the wedding,” I said looking up at Maester Luwin. “I just have not noticed I have been so busy an-“ I started to say but Maester Luwin cut me off.

“It is fine My Lady, this is a good thing,” Maester Luwin said as her felt my stomach through my night slip. “Your time line does seem correct My Lady, I would say you are about two months along,” Maester Luwin smiled as the Chambermaids finished cleaning.

“The bath is ready My Lady,” Fiora said as she helped me up.

“Thank you Fiora. Please help me into the bath and let Robb back in, and then you and Jeyne may leave and girls thank you for your help but please keep this quite for now especially keep it from Lady Sansa Jeyne she will ell the whole world,” I laughed as the girls nodded. Fiora pulled my night shift over my head and helped me into the bath as Jeyne, left the Robb and granted access to Robb.

“Is everything alright Morgana?” Robb asked kneeling beside me.

“Everything is fine, actually it is better than fine is is perfect,” I smiled as Robb kissed my forehead.

“And what makes you loosing your dinner all over the floor perfect?” Robb asked brushing my hair out on my face.

“We are to have a child,” I said touching my abdomen.

“Are you sure,” Robb asked surprised.

“Yes, Maester Luwin said everything is fine I am only sick because of the baby growing in my stomach and Magicae also confirmed I am pregnant but he knew over a month ago, that is why he has been even more protective of me,” I explained as Magicae cooed from his stand.

“This is wonderful news My Love,” Robb said pressing his lips to mine. “We will announce it to the family at dinner tonight,” Robb said as I started to was myself off.

“Fiora,” I called out to my chambermaid.

“Yes my Lady?” She asked walking over to Rob and I.

“I would like to wear my green dress today can you ready it for me and then you may enjoy the rest of your day off, Robb can help me dress,” I said as Robb helped me out of the tub.

“Yes my Lady, you are ever so kind,” She smiled laying my dress carefully across the bed.

“It is a good day, and you deserve to have one as well,” I smiled as she curtseyed before leaving.

“I think it is far to early for you to get dressed My Love we should just go back to bed and celebrate,” Robb said wrapping his arms around my naked body.

“I agree we should just lay in bed and sleep I like that kind of celebration,” I teased moving closer to the bed.

“I was not planning on sleeping, I was planning on making my wife feel even more amazing than she already does,” Robb said before picking me up and laying me on the bed. We spent hours together in bed before the sun fully rose and caused us to leave our bedroom.

“You two are up late,” Theon smirk as we reached the court yard together.

“Oh shut it Theon,” I said as Robb smacked the back of his head.

“Morgana!” Bran yelled as he ran towards us.

“Yes, my young Lord,” I said bending down to his level.

“Will you practice archery with me today?” Bran pleaded.

“Umm I,” I started to say yes but Robb shook his head no, “I’m sorry not today, my stomach has not been feeling well. I’ll watch you practice with you brothers if you would like that,” I said patting his shoulder.

“Okay,” Bran sighed walking over to Jon and Theon.

Robb walked over to me and leaned down to my ear, “No sword fighting or archery until little Stark is born,” he finished kissing my forehead.

“I promise,” I smiled as the boys continued with their practice. I watched the boys practice archery and sword fighting for a couple of hours before Lady Catelyn requested me to walk with her to the Godswood for a prayer.

“My young Morgana you have grown a lot since you have been here,” Catelyn said as we walked to the beautiful white tree.

“You have taught me a lot,” I smiled at her.

“You will be a great mother and I am proud of that,” Catelyn said kneeling in front of the tree. “Come child, pray with me, we are to pray for the health of your child,” Catelyn said causing me to freeze in shock.
“No one told me Morgana so don’t worry but you forget I am a mother and I knew before you and Maester Luwin that you were with child this morning just confirmed it,” Catelyn said as I kneeled next to her. “And I have not told anyone else, it is not my place,” She smiled taking my hands in hers.

“Robb and I were going to announce it together tonight,” I explained as she pulled me into a hug.

“I am so proud of both of you,” She whispered in my ear.

“Thank you Lady Stark,” I smiled as we turned to pray. Catelyn and I returned in time to wash up and change for dinner. I wore a grey and white dress to show the colors for my new home. I walked with Lady Catelyn into the dinning hall as the people chattered amongst themselves, I spotted my empty seat next to Robb who stood up and pulled my chair out for me. I smiled thanking him before taking my seat.

“Your mother already knows,” I whispered over to Robb as I sipped my soup.

“You told her?” He asked confused.

“No she knew before I knew, she just told me that this morning proved her suspicions. She said I was
glowing and seemed naturally happier,” I smiled at him as he took my hand kissing it lightly Before standing up and bringing me up as well.

“If I could get everyones attention I have an important announcement to make,” Robb voiced over everyones chatter. The room silence as Lord Stark motioned Robb to continue.

“Early this morning it was made known to Morgana and I that we are currently with child, and have been for about two months now,” Robb said as he rubbed my back and everyone cheered for us.

Lord Stark stood up from his chair at the end of the table raising his glass, “A toast to my son the heir to Winterfell, his wife the last of her kind, and two their child who will one day hold the title of Lord of Winterfell,” Lord Stark spoke as everyone cheered and sipped their drinks. The nights food turned into a great celebration as everyone congratulated us.

“Morgana does that mean I will be an aunt?” Arya asked as she sat next to me.

“Yes you will, all of you will become aunts and uncles and you will all be great at taking care of the young child when it is born.

“Is it a boy or a girl Lady Morgana?” Sansa asked from her seat across from me.

“We will not know until the birth, but I have a strong feeling that it will be a little lord since men are prominent in both of our houses,” I smiled as Sansa dreamed of having a child herself on day.

“Come my beautiful wife, it is getting late and you must get some rest,” Robb whispered in my ear as he stood up from his seat and holding his hand out for me. I smiled happily taking his hand as he lead us back to our room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a short chapter please enjoy, the next chapter will start with the book/tv show.