Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Bran's Walk

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Chapter 8 - Bran’s Walk

I was running away from the blood and from the death, I watched my whole family be slain before my eyes. I tried to help but it only caused more pain. As I ran the men chased after me. I turned down alleys and hidden walkways trying to escape them when suddenly my surroundings turned from Aelhaven into Winterfell, I stopped frozen in shock at the sudden change of scenery. I went to take a step but it became harder, I looked down and saw my stomach had grown and I was pregnant. I took another step but there was a pain in my stomach I fell to the ground blood pooling around me. I cried out but no one came. I started crawling away from the center of the Winterfell courtyard. I stood getting to my feet, my belly was no longer full with child as I heard a small cry from behind me. I turned to see a small baby in there center of the pool of blood. I walked towards it pulling my cloak off and picking up the bloody baby in the white cloak. The babies blue eyes shined brightly, just like his fathers I smiled as the baby cooed at me. Then suddenly I heard a small scream and turned to see a child fall from a tower not to far from me. I ran holding my baby close to me until I reached the tower.

“Bran,” I called out as the child stood up. “Bran are you alright?” I asked looking at him worried.

“Of course I’m fine,” Bran smiled looking at me confused.

“You just fell from the tower, how are you walking,” I asked as he stood next to me.

“I. . . I don’t think this is real,” Bran said as he looked at the baby in my arms.

“What do you mean,” I asked taking a step away from him.

“You are holding a child and. . . and mother sat Sansa, Arya, Rickon, and I down to explain that you and Robb lost your baby a week ago. Robb hasn’t left your bedside in a week. And you haven’t woken up from Maester Luwin’s surgery. A tear slipped from my eye as I looked at the happy baby in my arms.

“Why are you here Bran?” I asked gently touching the babies face.

“I can’t remember fully, I only remember falling then I was here,” Bran explained as we started walking around the empty halls of Winterfell.

“Are you dead? Am I dead?” I asked quietly.

“You aren’t dead, mother says you are sleeping so you can heal properly. I don’t think I am dead either, I feel solid but my legs don’t feel right, I can’t feel them,” Bran explained as he looked down at his legs.

“Take a walk with be Bran, it may be your last but let’s enjoy this middle ground together, let’s walk to the Godswood and pray, I’ll pray for you to wake up and you pray for me,” I said grabbing his small hand in mine as I holding the baby with one arm.

“This may be the last time I walk, what if I die?” Bran asked his eyes filled with sadness.

“I won’t let that happen, I promise. I’ll do whatever is needed to be done so we don’t lose you,” I said as we reached the Godswood. “Come Bran, let’s pray,” I said kneeling in front of the white tree.

I shot up out of bed looking around and seeing the empty room. I cried out in pain as blood spots seeped through my white shift. I slipped out of bed throwing on a robbed as I ran down the hall to Bran’s room. I flung the door open breathing heavily as I limped inside. I saw Lady Catelyn look up from her craft as Bran laid motionless in his bed.

“Bran,” I said breathlessly as I walked over to his bed.

“Morgana, what are you doing out of bed,” Lady Catelyn said as she set aside her craft and stood up.

“Bran please wake up,” I whispered holding his cold hand in mine.

“Your bleeding Morgana, you must return to your room,” Lady Catelyn said sternly her hand on my shoulder.

“I’m fine My Lady,” I replied quickly.

“When did you awake?” Lady Catelyn asked as she rubbed my back lightly.

“Only moments ago, I awoke from a dream, Bran was there,” I told her as she pulled me into her arms. She rubbed my head softly as tears fell from my eyes that I hadn’t noticed growing.

“Tell me about it my child,” Lady Catelyn said as she placed the kiss delicately on my forehead.

“It started out in Aelhaven, I watched as my family was slaughtered then the houseless men came after me and I ran but suddenly everything changed to Winterfell, I became pregnant a few steps later and then a few more steps I fell to my knees in pain and I started bleeding. I crawled away from the pool of blood and as I stood up I heard a baby cry. I turned seeing a newborn laying in the center of the blood. I took off my cloak and wrapped the baby up pulling it into my chest. I looked upon it’s small face and it’s blue Tully eyes shine brightly at me. I was pulled away from the baby as I heard a cry, I turned to see a small child fall from the tower. I quickly walked holding the baby to the child and I saw it was Bran. Bran told me he didn’t remember anything but falling and then darkness then he woke up and saw me holding a child. He told me that you sat him, Sansa, and Arya down to tell them that Robb and I lost our child,” by this point the tears flowed freely from me eyes as lady Catelyn rocked me for comfort. “He told me that I had been sleeping for a week and Robb hadn’t left my side. I then asked him how he felt and he told me how his legs didn’t feel right like he couldn’t walk. We then walked hand in hand to the Godswood where he prayed for me to wake up and I prayed for him to wake up but only I woke up,” I cried hard wrapping my arms around Lady Catelyn.

“Shhh, my child. You have been through enough. Bran will awake soon don’t worry about him that’s my job. I need you to take care of yourself for Robb’s sake. The poor boy has hardly eaten, and here you are bleeding and crying,” Lady Catelyn laughed lightly as I pulled away from her.

“How did we lose the child?” I asked looking at the blood spots from my stitches.

“Poison,” Lady Catelyn said quietly rubbing my hand. I looked at her furring my eyebrows.

“The wine,” I whispered in realization.

“We believe so but if we were to go against the Queen we would be killed for treason, give it time my child because winter is coming,” Lady Catelyn said as the door to Bran’s room opened. Robb walked in looking panic until his eyes landed on me they flashed relief then worry.

“Morgana, I’ve been looking for you, You aren’t supposed to be out of bed, and I was supposed to be there for you when you awoke,” Robb said as I got off the bed carefully and walked briskly to Robb. I threw my arms around him and pulled him towards me.

“I’m so sorry. . . I’m so sorry,” I whispered in his eyes as tears left my eyes again. Robb wrapped his arms around me leaning his head into my neck. I felt Robb’s tears through my Robb and night shift as he quietly sobbed in there comfort of his mother and wife.

“It’s my fault and we will try again, I promise on my life I will bare your children Robb. I love you,” I cried holding him tightly.

“It will never be your fault, it was Cersei,” Robb replied, his words muffled by my clothing. “We will have a child, I will make sure of it, Cersei can’t scare me, I love you Morgana,” Robb continued as he pulled away from the hug and looked into my eyes. I smiled weakly at him before my legs gave out from the pain of my wounds. Robb caught me and held me on my feet.

“Bring her to Maester Luwin she has opened her stitching, be quick she is losing blood,” Lady Catelyn said as Robb picked me up in his arms and rushed to Maester Luwin’s home.