Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 13: You reap. . .

In a flash he was gone, disappearing in the crowd of teenagers. If that didn’t ruin my day. Not only did I have to act like a miss goody two shoes but I had to go to the Mikaelson’s for a dinner. I wasn’t a big fan of Klaus. Granted he never personally targeted me, I still thought he was a royal asshole. Rebekah she wasn’t that bad and Elijah was just a sweetheart but then to have to deal with Kol on top of it all. . .Someone just hand me a gun to blow my brains out. Every family has a little dysfunction in it but the Mikaelson’s were the definition of dysfunctional. Now I had to kiss their ass to save my sister because the crazy one of the bunch couldn’t control their anger.

The moment the last bell went off I put all the books in Ivy’s locker along with all the completed homework. There was a chance that I didn’t survive this little dinner and my last good deed for Ivy would be making sure she kept her good grades. What were big sister’s for? Kicking ass and making sure you succeed. Sounds a bit right.

When I got home Ivy was sitting at the kitchen island nearly banging her head against the counter because of how bored she became. I shut the door and watched her jumped off the stool. She raised her eyebrows at me and studied me for a quick second before nearly tackling me. Her arms wrapped around me and she nearly squeezed the life out of me.

“Thank God your home.” She whispered.

“Are you alright?” I asked as I pulled her away.

“Yeah, I was just worried that you wouldn’t make it home with Kol thinking you were me.” She shrugged her shoulders. “So what’s the deal with the hair?” She asked as she pointed at her curly hair.

“Well you can start straightening it. I have been invited to the Mikaelsons for Dinner so we can be ourselves again.”

“Yes! I can’t wait to get this rib-crusher off me!” She literally ran upstairs while she started to climb out of my clothes.

I couldn’t have been that bad of a person. Maybe I was and just didn’t realize it. I slowly approached my room and began digging through my draws. What the fuck did you wear to a dinner that was hosted by the first vampires ever made? A dress or maybe a skirt? Is it business or pleasure? Would they kill me if I wore the wrong the color?

So many questions and not one was fucking answered. I held my black strapless dress and held it over myself in front of the mirror. Hey big bad vampires anyone hungry? Plenty of room for you to feed off me here. I rolled my eyes and looked through all the other dresses I had. I found a royal blue dress that had thick straps and ended at my knees. Even though it still showed some cleavage it was the only dress I had that didn’t make me look like a slut.

One thing I was thankful for was that I didn’t need to curl my hair, it went back itself only it was shorter. With the right amount of make up the two holes in my neck were yet again invisible. I studied myself in the mirror and wasn’t sure if I was irritated or scared. Either way I refused to show that I was nervous. A couple of vampires invited me over for dinner, no big deal. Just a meal with the first vampires ever made and the first hybrid.

I sat in my car and studied the big white mansion, or manor, whatever it was. They already knew I had arrived so it was kind of pointless to try and back out. I looked at the sun setting and let out a quiet sigh before climbing out of the car. I was a proud woman who refused to show that on the inside she was freaking out. Before I could even knock Rebekah opened the door wearing a different red dress that hugged her body tightly. Well I’m glad someone had the guts to dress like that. I thought to myself as I sent her a smile.

“You look nice in that dress, please come in.” She returned my smile. “Where were you all day?”

“School, I just went as Ivy since your psychopathic brother can’t keep his fangs away from her.” I fluffed my hair a bit. “So, mind telling me why I’m here?”

“What? We can’t just have you over for dinner?” Rebekah teased.

“I see our guest has arrived.” Elijah’s voice grabbed my attention.

Elijah was walking down the gigantic staircase in a black suit with a dark blue under shirt and tie. He was a very handsome vampire, always looking sharp in his thousand dollar suits. I pulled my self away from my thoughts and gave him my sweet smile. There was no time to try to pick out my favorite original. All I was worried about was finding a way to stop Kol and how I would present the issue to his fellow siblings.

“Good evening Elijah, pleasure seeing you again.” I greeted.

“I am very happy you accepted our invitation.” He was now standing in front of me.

“I see you’ve come early. You must be one of the few people who understand that my patience runs thin quickly.” Klaus commented as he came up from behind me.

Was it in a vampire’s description to scare the hell out of us humans? I turned and noticed that Klaus wasn’t dressed too casual. He had on a black button up shirt with a pair of nice dark jeans that was snug on his body.

“Or I could just be trying to propose a deal in a friendly manner.” I kept my voice soft like velvet.

“What kind of deal?” Klaus asked.

“It’s about your brother, Kol.” I started. “He’s repeatedly tormenting me and my sister. He already almost killed me once and now he is moving on to my sister. I was thinking since you had said my kind was rare maybe you could find a way to stop him. Maybe dagger him again and in return I will be willing to give you blood or be there whenever you need me.”

Klaus didn’t reply he just gave off a smirk as he backed up towards the room behind him. “Please have a seat at the dinner table.” He then stepped aside and headed in the room with a long rectangular table that had a feast on it.

The dinner seemed to have been dragging on forever. I mean how long could they have seriously expected me to sit there and eat? Klaus kept ignoring my proposal but was quick to make small chit-chat. There were a few arguments that started boiling between Klaus and Rebekah but Elijah managed to keep them at bay. I was playing with the salad in front of me when we heard the door open and when we looked up Kol was standing in the doorway, watching us.

“Well, well, well, there’s my girl.” He sat down in the empty chair beside me. Everyone in the room went silent for a millisecond as though they weren’t sure what to say.

“Ah, little brother, to what do we owe the pleasure?” Klaus asked.

Kol pulled out the invitation and set it on the table. “Well, I figured if my girl was invited to a dinner, so wasn’t I.” He leaned to the side and started playing with my curly hair. “And doesn’t she look stunning?”

“I would just like to inform everyone that my name is Raine and not ‘my girl’.” I spoke sarcastically.

“I believe we are out of wine, excuse me.” Klaus got up and disappeared from my sight.

Kol placed a hand on my thigh and gripped it so tight that I cringed at the pain. I looked in his eyes and I knew he was silently warning me to shut my mouth but it would take a lot more than that to stop me from voicing my opinion. A silver dagger erupted from Kol’s chest. He released my thigh and practically froze in the seat. I jumped out of my seat and watched as his body began to turn a dark grey color with black veins covering his body. What the fuck just happened?

Kol’s body remained limp in the chair with the dagger sticking through his chest. His brother Klaus was standing behind him with a blank look on his face as if nothing happened. So no more harassment or threats? Well that was good and I was expecting to feel happy. The only problem was that I started to feel guilty.

“Don’t worry Raine, he is just temporarily sleeping and he will remain that way until you and your sister have passed away and had children to continue the bloodline.” Klaus explained. “Just remember your side of the deal.”

I gave him a nod and walked away from the room full of vampires. The good news was that Ivy would be safe so I didn’t have to worry about that. I only had to worry about explaining what we were. How was I supposed to tell my sister that we both had doppelgängers when I didn’t even know much about them? All I could do was start my car and hope that she would be alright with what I was about to say. My phone began to ring and when I looked at the screen I saw that Trevor was calling. He was released of Kol’s compulsion.

The door in front of me opened and I saw Ivy holding Bandit, running her hand through his thick fur. “How did it go?” She was nervous.

I walked in the house and shut the door. “Well good news is that Kol is not going to be bothering us again but there’s bad news too.”

“What is it?” She asked.

“You might want to sit down.”

“Or you could just tell me now.” She insisted.

I let out a deep sigh and tried finding the best way to tell my sister she wasn’t human. Hey there sister guess what? You’re a doppelgänger freak but don’t worry so aren’t I so your not alone. Yayy! Yeah, that would probably send her to her room crying.

“Well there was a reason why I tried staying away from Kol, besides the fact that he’s crazy. I found out that we are doppelgängers. You and I have shadow selves and I’m not sure if they are alive, evil or good or bad. But-“

“Already knew.” She rolled her eyes.

“What?” I asked.

“Kol told me.” She simply shrugged her shoulders. “I told Mom that night I just asked her to never talk about it. I mean I feel like a freak.”
There it was. A truth that was already exposed and apparently people that didn’t care.

I woke up and rolled over to see Trevor sleeping beside me, his messy hair mushed in the pillow. Once Kol was gone I was expecting the dreams to stop. I was expecting to stop thinking about him but didn’t mean that it happened. I sat up and silently walked downstairs. Since we were at the empty house there wasn’t much in the fridge. Just some beers that Trevor brought and condiments. I pulled out a beer and listened to Trevor’s footsteps travel down the stairs in to the kitchen. He stood behind the fridge door in his white shirt and blue boxers.

“Hey, are you alright?” He asked.

“Yeah, just thinking.” I put the beer on the counter and looked at the ketchup and mustard.

“What are you thinking?” He asked.

“Ketchup and mustard.” I answered as the wheels in my head began to turn.

“What?” Trevor asked, completely confused.

I grabbed both containers and began to shake them up. Trevor closed the fridge and kept his arms folded over his chest, still completely confused. He took a step closer to me and that’s when I pointed both containers at him, playfully. A smile grew over his face as he finally understood what was happening.

“No-don’t you dare, if your smart you-”

He took another step and that’s when I squeezed both bottles. Ketchup and mustard erupted and splattered all over Trevor’s shirt. For a second he stood still and started gaping at me in shock. He looked at the huge stain that was splattered all over shirt and that’s when I sprayed some more all over him. The liquid was in his hair and all over his shoulders too. Before I could run away he scooped me up with one arm and used his free hand to rip the ketchup away from me.

He started to spray the cold ketchup all over me, not caring about my hair or nightgown. I felt his warm hair smear the red substance all over me as he laughed at his victory. We both tried wrestling each other until we found ourselves on the cold floor with ketchup and mustard smeared all over us. I stared in to his beautiful eyes and gave him a quick kiss before trying to take off his shirt. He pulled my nightgown over my head so I was left in just my blue panties and matching bra. I could feel his sticky hands searching my body, making me squirm under him. At the back of my mind I was wishing it was Kol. Why was I missing him so badly?

We were just about to remove my garments when we heard the doorbell ring. I jumped up and started pulling my nightgown down.

“Who the hell is coming by at this time? It’s like 4 in the morning.” Trevor whispered.

I rolled my eyes. “I’ll get it.” I opened the door to see my twin standing on the porch in her pink P.J bottoms with a plain white shirt. “Ivy?”

“Thank God you’re alright.” She walked in and saw Trevor standing in the kitchen. That’s when she noticed all the ketchup and mustard that was painted all over us. “Oh, shit. What have you two been doing?”

I avoided her question. “Why are you here this late?”

“Oh, it’s your phone. It kept going off in your room so I went to turn it off but-”

She didn’t finish her sentence. She just handed me the phone and that’s when I saw it. A message from Kol.

KOL: I’m coming for you

It was the same message sent 15 times. Ivy and I shared a look. This had to be a prank or something. I watched Klaus dagger Kol in front of my own eyes.

“What is it?” Trevor asked.

“Nothing; wrong number.” I lied as I deleted all the messages.

“Ivy just shut my phone off and go home. I’ll change my number tomorrow.”

[Elijah POV]
Elijah couldn’t stop thinking about how Raine stopped by last night to make sure Kol was still sleeping. It was understandable that she had trouble trusting Niklaus. However, he had trouble understanding why she would want to check on him by herself. Just because she was a double doppelgänger it didn’t mean that she had the strength to take on an original vampire.

He didn’t quite know how to explain it, but he knew something wasn’t right. Raine didn’t seem like herself. She didn’t even walk the same. His hand ran along Kol’s coffin for a quick second before he opened it. In front him of stood an empty coffin. That’s when it hit him. It wasn’t Raine who stopped by last night. . .It was Risiska and she just unleashed a very angry Kol.

[Tammy POV]
Tammy ruffled her blonde curly hair and grabbed her car keys. She opened the door to see her daughter Raine standing on the porch in a pair of dark blue jeans and a black vest. It was strange to see Raine without Ivy but she didn’t have time to ask questions.

“Oh, good you’re here. Please come in and feed Bandit, I’m running late for work.”

Raine gave off a smile she had never seen before. “Of course.”

Tammy wanted to ask her daughter if she was alright but she was in too much of a hurry. She had no choice but to walk away and leave the house to her daughter.

[Raine POV]
After spending a whole day at the Grill, Trevor had to leave for work and Ivy and I went immediately home. I had managed to switch my wardrobe from stained nightgown to a short black tank top dress and black high heels. Ivy was wearing a white tube top and a white skirt. If you asked me it was too much white but Ivy would dress however she wanted as did I.

“So Mom’s working again tonight?” I asked as Ivy began to unlock the front door.

“Yeah, she’s a work-aholic.”

Ivy opened the door and headed for the light switch. The ceiling fan was making a weird ticking sound. As soon as Ivy flipped the switch I saw blood splattered everywhere. All over the walls, the stairs, on the floor, and even on the light switch. My eyes went up to the ceiling fan to se Bandit’s head tied to one of the blades. His body was tied to a separate blade. I immediately brought my eyes to Ivy who was staring at the blood on her fingertips.

“Don’t look up!” I ordered.

Bandit’s lifeless body dropped in front of Ivy and blood squirted in her face. She jumped and let out another loud piercing scream.