Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 14: What you sew

Everything was dead quiet in my room. I felt the bed dip behind me and I rolled over to see Kol watching me with those dark eyes of his. This couldn’t be real. I didn’t invite him in this house. It had to be a dream or something.

“Why do I keep dreaming about you?” I asked a I propped myself up on my elbows.

“Probably because you miss me.” He began playing with my curly hair.

“Did you kill Bandit?” If I was stuck in a dream with him, mind as well get some answers.

“That wasn’t me. If I had access to your house, trust me when I say it wouldn’t be the puppy I killed.” He kept his voice smooth and calm.

“Oh God, Ivy.” I went to sit up but Kol used his vampire speed to get on top of me.

“It’s not her I plan on hurting, Darling. Consider this a warning. Next time you see me, it will be your last day as a human.”

He moved my hair away from my neck and began to trail kisses down my neck and I was actually enjoying it. His hands pinned my wrists down and he grinded his hips between my legs so I could feel his erection. I opened my mouth to try to beg for my life but the only thing that came out was a quiet moan.

“I know this is what you want.” His cold hands traveled down my body to the waistline of my black shorts.

“What if I said this isn’t what I want?” I questioned.

He pulled my shorts and panties down. “You would be lying. Why else would you be having these dreams?” He lifted my shirt and began kissing my stomach. I felt his fangs dig in to my flesh for a flash of a second. As soon as I jolted up I noticed the sun was shining in my room and Kol was gone.

Ivy and Mom sat at the kitchen table with a cup of hot tea in their hands. They both looked extremely tired with bags under their eyes and their faces droopy. Poor Ivy looked like she had been traumatized. I can’t really blame her, seeing our puppy headless wasn’t a sight I wanted her to see. If I could have gone back in time I would have cleaned the mess up before I allowed her in the house. I felt bad for Bandit the most. He didn’t deserve to be decapitated. He was just a puppy who caused no harm.

“Are you guys okay?” I asked in a soft voice, trying not to startle them.

My mother got up from the table and headed towards the sink. “Yeah, just trying to move on from last night.”

“I don’t understand who would want to do such a thing.” Ivy looked up at me and I could tell from the red in her eyes, she had been crying.

“Because there are some messed up people in this world.” I answered as I sat down beside Ivy.

“Well I am having the locks changed I think you two should go out and try to take your mind off that. I’ll call the school and tell them you’re sick or something.” Mom waved her hand as if it was nothing.

“Alright but I’m taking a shower first. I feel like I still got Bandit’s blood on me.” Ivy cringed at the thought.

“Do what you have to do. I’m going to get dressed and brush my teeth.” I noted.

As soon as Ivy ran up the stairs Mom let out a big sigh and shook her head. It must have been hard for Mom, always working, paying bills and doing everything on her own. Then to top it off she knew what Ivy and I were and she probably hadn’t told anyone. That was a big load to carry on her shoulders and she had no partner to help her carry it. There was just me and I couldn’t do much to help her.

“Raine, you have to take care of her.” Mom turned to me with those pleading blue eyes. “I can only do so much on my own.”

“I know Mom. Don’t worry, I’ll keep her safe.” I promised.

“Thank God I have you to help me protect her.” She walked up to me and engulfed me in her arms. “Promise me you won’t let anything happen to her.” Mom pulled away. “I know it’s a lot to ask for but I think what happened to bandit has something to do with you two and I know you can take care of yourself but ivy can’t she’s fragile and well. . .” She searched her thoughts looking for the right word.

“I know Mom. I promise as long as I’m alive no one or anything will hurt her. They will have to get through me first.” I reassured.

Her eyes began to water. “I’m sorry Raine, I just think it’s starting to get to be too much.”

I gave my head a nod to let her know that I understood. She had taken care of us and it was hard, especially after Dad had passed away. Losing one kid and having to raise twins on your own, it was hard. I felt the least I could do was do everything my power to make sure nothing bad ever happened to Ivy, even if that meant for all the bad to happen to me.

As soon as I put on my black halter top dress Ivy came in my room dressed in a white tank top and jean blue skirt. She had covered up the bags under her eyes with some light make up and her hair had been pulled back into a simple ponytail. I on the other hand had my curly down, resting on my shoulders. We gave each other a simple nod in approval before we left and headed for the Grill.

Amazing how long you could play pool over and over again and it never get old. Ivy and I had been playing until it started getting dark, but I didn’t care. We needed to stop thinking about all the crazy going on. There had to be a little bit of hope of us being able to live a normal life now. Kol was still put down or else Klaus would have at least called me. I’m sure the text was a prank.

“So if it wasn’t Kol who killed Bandit, than who did it?” Ivy asked as she rubbed some chalk on the tip of her pool stick.

“Hell if I know. Probably just some sick asshole.” I was about to lean forward and take my shot.

“Boyfriend alert.” Ivy warned.

I straightened myself up and looked up to see Trevor heading towards us. He must have just gotten off work because me was in a light blue suit and his hear was slicked back as if he just combed it.

“Hey, there she is.” Trevor smiled as he approached me.

“Hey did you just get out of work?” I asked.

“Yeah, I also brought my friend. Ethan this is my girl Raine and her twin sister Ivy.”

A man with short dark hair and green eyes came up from behind Trevor. He was in black trousers with a white button up shirt that hung a little loose on his body. Both of the men standing in front of Ivy and I were eye candy. We shared a look and wiggled our eyebrows at the same time. There was going to be some trouble stirred up tonight.

“So Ivy and I were about to finish up a game of pool we should pair up. Make it you and I against Ivy and Ethan?” I offered my pool stick to Trevor.

He smiled at me, showing me his pearly white teeth. “Hey Ethan, why don’t you get us all a drink while I show my girl here how it’s done?”

Ethan gave his head a quick nod before turning to Ivy. “Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be right back.”

[Kol POV]
Kol leaned against the bar and watched Trevor put his hands against Raine’s hips. Raine bent down and lined her pool stick against the edge of the table, showing off a lovely view of her cleavage. He wanted to do so many vile things to Trevor for putting hands on what was his but he couldn’t do that. Instead he decided to make a mental note to torture the human later. Until then. . .

“Excuse me Mate.” He turned to the man with dark hair and green eyes.

The man turned to him as he gathered the drinks on a tray. “Yeah man what’s up?” He asked.

Kol looked the man in the eyes and focused on compelling him. “This vodka and cranberry is for Raine.” He pulled out a small vile of vampires blood and poured the little sip in the drink. That was all that needed to be in her system. “But, how about you just forget ever seeing me.” He smiled at the human before walking towards the exit. Raine couldn’t see him. She couldn’t suspect anything.

[Raine POV]
“I got drinks.” Ethan’s voice caught my attention. Ivy perked up with excitement.

“About time slow poke.” I laughed as I reached for the orange looking drink.

Ethan pulled the tray away from me. “Oh no, that one is for me.” He picked up the dark red drink with his free hand and held it out for me. “This one is special ordered just for you.”

I raised an eyebrow and took the drink. I wasn’t a big fan of vodka and cranberry but he paid so I wasn’t going to complain. The liquid slid down my throat and left behind a tart taste from the cranberry juice. Trevor handed his pool stick to Ethan and picked up the auburn colored drink. Everything was going fine. Trevor and I were getting ready to win the round due to the fact that Ethan had managed to drink half the bar. Then a bar fight broke out.

Glass was smashing in to the ground and a bunch of men practically dog piled each other. Ivy gripped my arm and tightened her grip. My eyes went to her and I saw her eyes wide and alert. She was scared, I could feel her trembling in fear beside me.

“Come on, let’s get out of here. Trevor!”

Trevor was grabbing Ethan who apparently was feeling brave and wanting to get in on the action. It was probably his way of trying to show off in front of my sister which was kind of pathetic if you ask me.

“Go in the parking lot, I’ll meet you outside.” He instructed
.
Ivy didn’t release my arm until we were by our Buick. “That was scary.” She commented.

“Relax, you know I’d kick anyone’s ass who tried hurting you.” I nudged her in a reassuring way.

“Look, cut it out. I’m taking you home before you get yourself arrested.” Trevor was drigging his drunk friend out in the parking lot. “Raine, I’m so sorry but I got to take him home.”

“Why are we standing around doing nothing? Let’s fight and heyy, how you doing?”

I turned to see Ethan trying to hit on my sister. “Hey Sloppy, no hitting on my sister or you get knocked out.” I warned.

“Which one is her sister?” He asked. Yep he was totally drunk.

“Your right baby, you might want to take him home before I knock his lights out.” I turned to Trevor.

“Alright, come on Ethan, this way.”

“Shit!” Ivy stomped her foot against the concrete.

“What?” I asked turning to Ivy.

“There was something I wanted to get at the other house but I’m so tired.” She whined.

You have got to be kidding me.

“Anyway Trevor can take me home and you go get it for me? Please?” She puffed out her bottom lip and clasped her two hands together in a pleading way.

“What is it?” I asked.

“It’s that cute red dress Grams made me. It was in her closet last time I checked.

I let out a deep sigh. She would be safer with Trevor taking her home than me. Plus if Kol was awake he could access the other house.

“Alright, go with Trevor.”

“Yes! Thank you!” She launched onto me and nearly crushed me in her hug.

“The admission will cost you one kiss.” Trevor teased as he approached me.

I pulled away from Ivy and wrapped my arms around his neck before giving him a quick peck on the lips. As soon as I saw Trevor get into his black Chevy Comaro I unlocked the Buick and started it up. Ivy wasn’t the only one tired so I wanted to just get to the other house and get the dress so I could go home. I probably should have asked for Ivy to wait but I didn’t want her to be upset with me. She was already having trouble with what had happened between Dylan and me.

The moment I got on the porch I unlocked the door and walked in the house, leaving the door wide open. I ran up the stairs and went into Grams room.

[Ivy POV]
Ivy was surprised to see Klaus on the porch, pacing as though he was angry. She felt the fear in her rise again. There was a hybrid on the porch and Raine wasn’t beside her to protect her. Well at least he was cute. Butterflies filled her stomach when his blue eyes landed on her. She tried playing it cool.

“Hey Klaus, what are you doing here?” She asked walking up the steps.

“I’m just trying to find your sister Raine. She seems to be ignoring my calls, you wouldn’t happen to know where she was?” Klaus replied.

“Oh she must have forgotten to tell you that she changed her number.” Ivy chuckled bravely.

“Did she now?” Klaus gave her a stone cold glare that told her he was not amused.

“She’s out right now but I can give you her number if you like.” Ivy offered.

“I would really appreciate that.” Klaus smiled at her, showing off his dimples.

[Raine POV]
After a few minutes of being unable to find the dress Ivy wanted I grew irritant. I was too tired for this. If I stayed here any longer then I was going to pass out at the wheel, driving home. The closet squeaked shut and I turned only to bump into a hard wall. I jumoed back and looked up to see Kol right in front of me.

“Kol!” I gasped in shock and tried backing away from him.

He covered my mouth and slammed into the closest wall. “Miss me?” He asked, speaking in anger. “You helped my brother put a dagger in my heart, that hurt Darling!” He released my mouth only to put a deathly tight grip around my throat. The darkness in his eyes flared up in anger. “And then to top it off, while I’m rotting in a coffin your busy acting like a strumpet with your ex!” His grip tightend, causing me to choke ou what air was left in my lungs.

I tried talking but my throat was closing and I could feel the blood rushing to my head. He tossed me in to the bureau as though I was a rag doll. The edge of the wood dug right into my stomach. I used my hands to balance myself and tried making a run for it. I could see it in Kol’s eyes he had reached his patience with. He was going to kill me.
Before I could even reach the stairs he grabbed me by my hair and waist and threw me in the bathroom. I landed on my hands and knees, the tiles scrapping my legs. I scrambled to my feet, trying to ignore the pain that was soaring through my body. Kol wrapped his arms around my body and forced me to look in the bathroom mirror so I could see myself.

“Now the only question is what am I going to do with you.” Kol asked as he rested his chin on my shoulder, looking in to the mirror.
“Kol, please I-”

“I have given you plenty of time and you repay me by betraying me. Don’t bother begging Raine, it’s time to reap what you sewn.” He growled.

“Please Kol, I’ll do anything.” I pleaded.

“Then run away with me. We can explore the world together. I’ll use all the other girls to feed my blood thirst and I’ll use you for entertainment.” He ran his hands up and down my sides possessively.

I couldn’t leave my family. To be with this psycho? No. I promised Mom I would look after ivy and that was exactly what I intended to due.

“I would rather die than be with you.” I spat out, reaching for whatever courage I had.

His smile grew even wider. “Wish granted.”

I saw his hands grab my head then everything went black. Did this mean I was dead?
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is folks, double update. I really hope you enjoyed and thank you so much for reading :)