Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 15: To be or not to be

[Kol POV]
Kol stared at Raine’s lifeless body on the bathroom floor. She had been dead for only about an hour yet her phone wouldn’t stop its annoying buzzing. Her sister had called 5 times and was going crazy with the texts. Then his brother began calling her and he just couldn’t resist rubbing it in.

“Hello Nik, mind telling me why you’re calling my girl at this time of night?” He asked as he sipped the bottle of bourbon.

“Kol, what did you do?” Klaus sounded angry.

“Sorry Raine can’t come to the phone right now. She’s a bit. . .Dead.” Kol hinted.

“You didn’t.” Klaus replied.

A small smile stretched across Kol’s lips. “Oh, I did.”

Raine jumped up with her eyes wide and alert. She let out a gasp and looked up at him with a confused look on her face.

“As a matter of fact, I gotta go, got a few things to explain.”
He hung the phone up ignoring his brother’s threats.

[Raine POV]
I gasped for breath and looked around the bathroom, trying to figure out why I was on the floor. What the hell happened? Ivy and I were at the bar then what? I tried to search my memories but it was all blank. I felt. . . different. Like I wasn’t the same.

“And she’s up. Finally, I was beginning to get a little impatient.” Kol stood in front of me, causing my memories to come back in a flash.

I slowly came to my feet. “You killed me, I was dead. What- I mean how am I alive?”

“Take a wild guess sweetheart.” He leaned against the doorframe smirking.

Then I remembered Kol snapping my neck. I wouldn’t be alive after that unless I had vampire blood in my system. I sat back and thought about it until I realized what he did to me.

“You son of a bitch! I told you I didn’t want to be a vampire!” I shouted.

Everything was becoming heightened. I could hear crickets chirping, the lightbulbs popping, and my stomach was killing me. It was like I hadn’t eaten in weeks. My stomach was cramping and all I could think of was blood. Blood, blood, and more blood. I wanted blood.

“Well it’s a bit too late for that. As of now you are in transition and you don’t have much of a choice. By all means, don’t feed. Die. Maybe Ivy will make a better choice."

The moment that threat left his lips I felt my anger reach a height I didn’t know exsisted. I always had control of my emotions but it was like someone gave them crack. My hand gripped the glass soap pump and I used all my strength to chuck it at him. He moved and the glass shattered against the wall and fell to the floor in many pieces but I didn’t care. How dare Kol think to threaten my sister? That made me want to rip his heart out and eat it.

“Must be those damn heightened emotions. Well I’m going to get something to eat. If you decide to change your mind give me a call. If not then you better think of a nice good bye speech for your delicate little sister because you have one day left. Or you could just feed and live forever, it’s your choice.” He turned around and left me alone in the bathroom.

I started at myself in the mirror and tried to think of the best decision. While being a vampire would be awesome it had its downsides. Like if Ivy was here I would probably rip her throat out without even thinking about it. The good side would be that I would be able to protect Ivy much better with my strength. Only problem was the danger that I would become. I was only 18 years old. I didn’t feel ready to die but I didn’t want to be 18 forever.

How would my mom handle it? She would probably kill me in my sleep and she would be so disappointed in me. I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t allow myself to become a monster. At least Mom wouldn’t have to worry about me being such a big fuck up anymore. Maybe this was what my small family needed.

The buzzing of my phone started up again. I tried picking it up to answer it but the phone crumbled in my hand. I used too much power to handle it. I let my anger get the best of me and I smashed it onto the floor. How could I survive acting as a human if I couldn’t even pick up a phone without breaking it? Not to mention I would always be angry now and my sex drive would probably turn me into a nympho.

My stomach began to growl with hunger and I could see myself digging my fangs into someone’s neck. I shook my head. I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t live like this. When I went down to the kitchen the sun had illuminated the room, making my eyes feel like they were on fire. I searched the draws to find a crappy pair of sunglasses. As long as they blocked the sun they would work fine for me. Before I could control myself I started raiding the cabinets and fridge. I was hungry enough to eat the whole house. The only problem was as soon I shoved any kind of food in my mouth I wanted to throw it all up. That wasn’t the kind of food my body was looking for. Blood. My body wanted blood.

A loud knock came to the door, making me freeze. There was food all over the counter and I probably looked like a huge mess. This couldn’t be good. I couldn’t let anyone see me like this. Not yet! I started to look for a place to hide but when the door opened I realized it was too late. Trevor came into the kitchen and I felt my sex drive kick into gear.

I tried keeping distance from Trevor because if I could crumple a phone with a simple grasp, imagine what I could do to him. Trevor walked up to me and I stepped back. I didn’t say anything because I wasn’t sure what to say.

“Hey are you alright? I tried calling and texting but you didn’t answer.” His soft voice made my whole body tingle.

“I’m fine my phone just broke. I was actually getting ready to head back at the house to use a phone so I could notify you.” I lied.

He pulled a strand of my loose curly hair away from my face and I lost all control. I grabbed a hold of his shirt and backed him up until we were in the living room and he fell on the couch. Before he could question anything I jumped on him and crashed my lips on top of his. My hands ripped his shirt open as my eyes went to his neck. He pulled the hem of the dress of my shirt up, sending a spark of nerves between my legs.

I could hear his heart beat accelerate to top speed and his blood pumping through his veins. His blood was practically calling to me. I wanted to drink his blood and I wanted to do it now. My lips traveled from his lips to the warm flesh on his neck. Just a small bite. I opened my mouth, preparing for the feast.

The door opened, making both of us jump. I turned to see Ivy staring at me with wide eyes.

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry. I just came to check up on you because you didn’t answer your phone.” She tried not looking at us.

“Trevor, you should go.” I climbed off him, realizing that I almost made a meal of the man.

He stood up, fixing his shirt. “Um yeah, you should give me a call sometime.” He gave me a quick peck on the lips before he left.

Ivy walked up to with her phone to her ear. “Where is your phone?”
“It’s broken, I threw it away.” I lied.

When Ivy retrieved her red dress she left. It had taken a while to convince her to leave me alone and that I would be fine. To be honest I wanted to be away from her. If I lost control I didn’t want to hurt her. That was the reason why I had to let myself go. What kind of sister would I be if I risked hurting her? All my life I vowed to protect her and that was what I was doing.

Every single thing that I was compelled to forget, I started to remember. Even when Damon had told me to forget about the time he fed off me. It was the second time I saw him and he, apparently liked the way I smelled. How the hell did I become friends with someone like that? Then there was a time when Stephen had cornered me and was about to feed off me but Klaus had stopped him and told me to forget it ever happened.

Remembering everything was actually very emotional for me. Especially when most of my memories were consisting of how I stayed by Ivy’s side for so long. The rush of emphasized emotions made me want a drink. Yes that would be how I would say goodbye. I would drink myself away and never wake up. At least I would die having fun, right?

Before I left for the Grill I stopped by the house hoping to catch my mom. All I wanted to do was give her one hug and remind her that I loved her but she wasn’t home. Ivy didn’t answer when I called for her so I assumed she wasn’t home either. That was when I found the note from Mom stating that she was dropping Ivy off at the Grill and then she would be on her way to work. Well at least I would be able to see Ivy before I went.

When I sat down next to my twin I saw our cousin Chloe Shea with a smile on her face. Our cousin had long flame red hair and beautiful forest green eyes that popped out in a crowd. Everywhere she went men always turned their heads. Ivy and I may have been beautiful but she was gorgeous. She also had a little secret that only our family knew about. She had a special gift.

“Perhaps I should leave you and Ivy to talk for a second.” She grabbed her martini glass and slid off the bar stool.

The sudden movement made me want to jump on her and drink her blood. She smelled so good and I just wanted to drink from her. It was hard. Especially because it felt like I had a gut full of stones.

“I didn’t even say hi yet.” I shrugged my shoulders hoping she didn’t use her gift on me.

“If you’re dying you should have some alone time with your sister.” She pushed passed me and nearly made me stumble back. Of course she was upset with me because she read my mind and knew what was happening to me. She knew I could either live or die and that I had chosen the latter.

“What does she mean?” Ivy asked.

I let out a sigh. Way to throw me under a bus then let me get ran over. “Listen I don’t have much time so let’s just skip the water works and get down to my last words. Big sister advice, um, never be something that you’re not and-“

“Raine, what’s going on?” Ivy interrupted me.

“I died last night with vampire blood in my system.” I whispered.

“What?” Ivy’s eyes began to water.

“It was Kol. I’m in transition and I decided not to feed.” I looked down at the floor.

“Why? Why can’t you just feed?” Ivy whispered.

“Ivy, everything is different. I don’t want to be like this any longer, its torture.” I explained only half of it. I didn’t want her to think that I doubted her safety around me.

“Same selfish Bitch, like always.” Ivy spat as she jumped off the stool and left.

“Ivy, wait!” I jumped off the barstool and tried following her outside but the bar was crowded.

I had to wiggle my way throw the crowd and by the time I reached the door Ivy was outside talking to some biker.

“I said ‘no thank you’.” She tried pulling out of the old man’s grip but he refused to let her go.

That was when I lost control of all my emotions. My protective instincts kicked in and for a split second I blacked out. It was as though I closed my eyes but I felt something warm flowing down my throat and oh, it was delicious. It was euphoric, it was. . .amazing.

“Raine! Stop!” Ivy’s loud words pulled me from the black hole and I realized I had the man’s hair in my fist and I was drinking from his neck but yet I couldn’t stop. I felt high and I loved it.

I felt a strong force push me off the biker. My eyes went up to see Ivy staring at me with one of my own friends. I choked down the rest of the blood in my mouth and spoke only one word.

“Damon?” I asked as I felt blood trickling down my chin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone enjoyed