Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 2: The bet

[Raine POV]
With the sunlight illuminating my room I stared at myself in the mirror. My blue blouse brought out my bright blue eyes and my black jeans hugged my body. After this year in high school I would graduate and be on my way to college. It seemed exciting but it didn't feel like the life for me. I needed something exciting in my life. That's when Kol Mikaelson came to my mind and an evil grin came over my face.

"You're planning something devious, aren't you?" My twin came up from behind me.

"Now what makes you think that?" I asked as I began playing with my hair.

"You got that look on your face. Please Raine, don't do anything stupid." My twin begged.

"I won't." I was lying through my teeth.

"Promise?" Ivy asked.

"Promises, promises." My voice was so decieving.

We went to school as normal teenagers did but I was studying Stefan Salvatore. I knew he was a vampire along with his brother Damon but I wondered what it would be like to be a vampire. To stay young forever, to want to drink blood, and to have all those heightened senses. Some nights I thought of wanting to be like them other nights I just wanted to bring one home for fun. I just wasn't willing to put my family in danger for my own selfish wants. I was always the bold one of the bunch.

Stefan looked right up at me and I quickly adverted my eyes to the teacher, going through another lecture. I finished my notes and was on my way to my locker. 'God, I hope Stefan didn't notice me staring. I hope he doesn't think I'm stalking him.' The thoughts rushed my mind as I opened my locker and placed my books inside. Inside my locker was pictures of the whole family. Or what was left of them anyway. One picture was my aunt Tina with my mom as teenagers. They actually didn't looked related at all. One had blonde hair and blue eyes while the other had dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. I let out a sigh as I closed my locker and jumped at Stefan who was right by my locker.

"Stefan, how many times do I have to ask you not to do that?" I asked irritated.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you I was just wondering if you were alright. I'm sorry we haven't gotten to check up on you after the whole Klaus thing." Stefan's voice was soft like velvet.

"I'm fine, Stefan. I can handle it. I don't need to be compelled to forget anything. I just need some space. After loosing my father and Cambden it's just kind of getting the best of me." I replied.

Don't get me wrong I appreciated Stefan's kindness but he seemed just a little too serious for me. That's why I got along better with his older brother Damon. We were more like close friends than anything, though he was really goodlooking, I just couldn't seem him in that kind of way. After school I went home to help mom start dinner. My mother was one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. She almost looked like Ivy and I only with age.

"So Raine, are you and your sister going to that holloween party tomorrow night?" My mom asked while chopping up some vegetables.

"Maybe... Why?" I asked.

"Because I made Ivy a dead bride costume, I was wondering what you would like to be."

I thought about it for a quick second. "How about red riding hood?" I asked

My mom smiled. "Sound's perfect. I'll have it done by tomorrow morning until then how about you go out and have some fun? I can finish dinner by myself." My mom offered.

I raised my eyebrows at her. "Seriously?" I asked.

"Yeah, you need to have some fun and Ivy is already spending the night at Elana's." My mom noted.

"Well you don't have to tell me twice." I gave my mom a quick kiss on the cheek and was headed to the mystic grill.

I was begining to play pool when in came Kol Mikaelson all by himself. At first I was hoping he didn't see me but where would all the fun be in that? I hit the ball in the right pocket, making a loud smacking sound. Kol looked right at me and headed to the pool table.

"So, you ready to give up your name?" Kol asked walking up to me.

"Not quite." I kept my answer short as I stared into those chocolate brown eyes of his. Oh how they made me want to melt.

"Very well, tell you what. We play a game of pool and if I win you tell me your name and you have to have a drink with me." Kol offered.

"And if I win?" I asked.

"Then I still buy you a drink. It's a win-win." Kol gave me a smile and for a second I saw it. The evil in his eyes and that's when I felt an attraction to him. I liked my men bad.

"Deal. I hardly doubt you will win since you just woke after what, 100 years?" I asked.

Kol let out a quick laugh, and got ready to shoot the ball. "We'll have to see who wins the bet."

I leaned against the wall with my leg propped up, holding my pool stick in my hand. My eyes were enjoying how good looking he was with those cute enticing eyes and that great body. He could have been the perfect vampire to feed my secret appetite. The ball rolled and hit another then 2 went in the pocket facing me. Kol had this shit eating grin on that made me want him even more.

"So, what's that you said about me loosing?" He asked in that english accent.

"Don't get too cocky, it's just the begining." I replied.

I saw that flash of evil in his eyes again. "Yes, it certainly is." He said before shooting more pool balls in the pockets.

The game was over with in the blink of an eye and I was wrong. Kol came out the victor of the bet so I had no choice but to give the original my name. We placed both sticks on the table and headed to the bar.

"So I believe you owe me a name?" Kol asked as he handed me the drink.

"It's Raine Lincon." I finally answered as I shook his hand.

"All that for a name, huh?" He began sipping his drink.

I took a small sip of the scotch as it burned my throat. "You should try asking for my number." I joked.

He gave me that evil smile again and I had to stop myself from pouncing this hottie. "No need to worry, Darling. I'll get it sooner or later, preferably sooner." He stated finishing his drink. Once the bar tender gave him another one I held my glass up at him.

"Well Kol Mikaelson, Welcome to the new age."

We toasted our glasses and began to drink one after another.

[Kol Mikaelson POV]
When Raine joked about Kol getting her number he practically laughed. Not at the joke itself, but at the fact that he already knew her name and already had her number. As a matter of fact he already knew where she lived and he was going to gain access to her house very soon. He was not one for patience. He always got what he wanted when ever he wanted, except for Raine. She was making him wait and it was driving him mad. Those bright blue eyes, that beautiful face, and that curly hair mimicked a girl he knew way back when he was human.
In fact he actually thought it was her until he smelt that she was human. Though she was not Risika she certainly had to be a doppleganger. Then there was her twin, Ivy. It was rare enough for one doppleganger but for double doppleganger's that was literally once in a thousand year accurance. So why would he let this one go when she was just in arms reach?

"So would you like to see my place?" Kol asked.

Raine raised her eyebrows at him. "So quick to trigger the gun." She finished her drink, stood up and whispered in his ear, "You're gonna have to catch me if you can."

Just like that she was exiting out the bar door again. Kol quickly finished his drink and went to follow her outside.

[Raine POV]
I was a little hazed from my drinking and if I stayed a minute longer I was going to do things that I would regret. Just as I opened the car door it was slammed shut, making me nearly jump out of my skin.

"I believe I caught you." Kol's voice nearly made me melt.

I turned to him and my bright blue eyes scanned the handsome man up and down. What do I do now? Do I dig deeper into this dark pit I already put myself in? Or do I get out while I can? I contenplated for a second and gave off my devious smile, I'm already in the hole now. Why not dig until there is nothing left?
♠ ♠ ♠
so hope you guys enjoy the update