Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 9: Distraction

[Klaus POV]
"It's a pity to see such a beautiful girl upset. Perhaps you should have been more honest." Klaus commented as he poured himself a drink of bourbon.

"I wasn't done with her Nik." Kol replied, picking up the picture under the shattered glass.

"Well you are now. Stay away from the girl, Kol. There are plenty of girls out there for you to play with." Elijah spoke with venom in his voice, giving a distinct warning to the younger Mikaelson.

"You're right, but none that particularly stand out." Kol replied.

"I told you to leave the doppelgängers alone before you become too obsessed." Klaus began to grow angry.

"Oh, I have no interest in her sister, but what about you Elijah? Wasn't her dear ancestor, Anastasia a little soft for you?" Kol antagonized.

Klaus watched Elijah slam Kol in to the wall causing little crumbs to fall on the floor. "As Elijah said, stay away from the girls or we will dagger you." Klaus threatened. He was in no mood to deal witrh his little brother's obsessive compulsions.

Kol shoved Elijah off him and used his vampire speed to disappear yet again. Klaus finished and drink and picked up the picture of Risiska. The Lincon girls certainly had a way of effecting the Mikaelson's. Maybe even him, just a little.

[Raine POV]
I slammed the front door shut and began heading towards the stairs. My mom was already heading down the stairs in a white short sleeved dressed that ended at her knees. She had on white high heels and her hair was curled like mine. I immediately turned around and headed for the kitchen instead. After my mother slapped me I hadn't said a word to her.

"Raine, wait!" My mother followed me in the kitchen. "I umm, I think we should finish that conversation." She sounded a bit nervous.

"Not now Mom." I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, wishing it was a beer instead.

"Well, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, I was out of line for hitting you." When I turned to face her she had an apologetic look all over her face.

I shook my head at her. She had a right to smack me, I deserved. Especially because I turned around and did sleep with a vampire then found out he only slept me cause I looked like some girl he was obsessed with years back. For a second I actually contemplated on asking her to hit me again for being so stupid. I was the older one. I was supposed to be the smart and cautious one instead I was the reckless one that always messed up.

"I deserved it Mom, I shouldn't have talked to you the way I did." I took in her appearance and gave her a questionable look. "Where are you going?"

She suddenly stood tall and proud. "I have a date. Some handsome man from the grill asked me out." My mom started to get excited.

"Well, you better hurry, you don't want to be late." I gave her a smile in approval, she deserved it. She hadn't gone out since my father passed away.

Mom turned to leave but stopped in her tracks and turned back to me. "Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, Trevor stopped by looking for you."

What? Why in the hell was my ex boyfriend looking for me? Last I knew he was all happy-go-lucky with Emily. The girl that he had cheated on me with over and over again. I opened my mouth to say something but the door bell interrupted me. My mom and I looked at each other for a second.

"Don't look at me, I'm meeting my date at a fancy restaurant." In other words 'you answer it'.

As soon as I opened the door I saw my ex standing on the porch. He had on a dark blue button up shirt underneath his black leather jacket. His dark blue pants were a bit loose on him but he had a nice belt for that. His dirty blonde hair was brushed back and his bluish green eyes stood out. I was surprised by the little facial hair that was on his chin and under his nose. It wasn't much it was a faint patch and he still looked as handsome as when I first met him.

"Trevor, I thought you already stopped by today." I tried to keep my voice calm.

"And you weren't home then, but now that you are. . ." He walked by me and invited himself in my house. That's when I noticed something bulging out the back of his jacket. Or maybe it was just loose on him and it looked like he was hiding something.

"Trevor, it's so nice to see you." My mom walked up to him and gave him a hug. "I would love to stay but I have a date, you two behave now." She sent me a wink.

Trevor gave off his famous sinister smirk. "Always, Miss Lincon."

We both watched my mom walk out the door and as soon as she was gone Trevor locked it.

"What are you doing here Trevor?" I asked folding my arms over my chest.

He reached behind him and pulled out a bottle of tequila. Oh he was so good at reading my mind. "I brought a peace offering." He placed the bottle on the island and reached in the covert for two shot glasses.

"What's wrong, Emily dump you?" I asked in a sneer.

"I haven't talked to Emily since you dumped me. After realizing she was the reason I lost you I couldn't stand her." He poured each of us a shot.

I brought the shot glass to my lips and felt the burning liquid flow down my throat. "It takes two to tango." I commented as I poured myself another shot. I defiantly was gonna need it.

I was frustrated that he was here. He hurt me so bad and now he was trying to make it seem like he was sorry? The truth was that he wasn't sorry if he was it was only because I had caught him red handed. I may have liked doing crazy things but I never cheated on him.

"Look Raine, I know I hurt you and I can't even say how sorry I truly am." He looked me in the eyes and I saw that he had one blue eye and one green eye. "I'm a big fuck up. I was wondering if you would consider giving me a second chance. I promise you won't regret it." He poured more tequila in my shot glass.

The wheels in my head started to turn and a light bulb went off in my mind. Kol had also hurt me and I needed a distraction. What was a better way to say 'fuck you' then to hook up with someone else? It would piss him off and how I would love to do that. I leaned over the island to get a little closer to him.

"I'll consider it, but tonight we're going to the grill and you're going to buy me dinner." I replied.

I know, I'm an evil bitch.

He gave off that captivating smile. "Perfect, when are we leaving?" He asked.

"Right now." I took the last shot and grabbed the bottle, shaking it in the air.

[Kol POV]
Kol held the random girl up against the wall with his hand over her mouth to muffle her screams. After a minute of little struggle the girl finally slumped down as he finished his last sip. Her body plopped to the ground with a loud thud. He whipped the blood off his face and turned to head back in to the grill but stopped dead in his tracks. That delicious exotic scent hit him like a ton of bricks. Raine was close by.

"I came here everyday and didn't see you. I was surprised, this used to be our hang out spot." Raine's voice alerted Kol as he drifted in to the shadows.

"Well I was hiding out. After all the guilt I felt, I couldn't face you." A boy replied as he opened the door for Raine.

Something inside him snapped and he felt the urge to snap the boys neck. No pull out his heart and smash it on the concrete, or even better tear his head off. How dare another man try to take what he claims as his. He was about to follow them inside when someone blocked his way.

"Get out of the way, Elijah." Kol demanded.

"Leave her be." Elijah stood his ground against his little brother. "Why must you torment the girl, Kol? She has done nothing to deserve the pain you put her in." Elijah placed a hand in his pocket.

"Perhaps I was planning on giving her an eternity of fun to make up for it." Kol replied.

"This is your last warning Kol. Leave the girl alone."

"As you wish, Brother." Kol then turned and walked away.

The word he spoke were lies as usual but he needed to get his brothers off his back if he wanted to get Raine back. He needed them to believe that he would actually leave her alone and live her life with some moronic human. When in reality he planned on doing the complete opposite.

[Raine POV]
"So why are we even here? You could have cooked us a great meal at your house." Trevor reminded as he sipped his beer.

"We are here because I have a lot on my plate right now and I need a distraction." I answered as I searched the menu.

"Well, why don't you tell me what's bothering you?" He asked in a sympathetic voice.

I wished I could tell him every single thing on my mind like I used to. Unfortunately things weren't the same. Like how my sister and I were 'double doppelgängers' and how the vampire I was actually starting to like was only using me. To top it off our ancestors were vampires so they could walk into our lives any second now. If they knew the Mikaelson's before they were vampires then they must be very high in age. Which meant they were probably indestructible by now.

"It's just some old family drama." I lied as I put my menu down.

After having dinner and playing a few games of darts I started to feel tired. Trevor brought me home early and I was practically prancing around like a puppy. Okay maybe I was little buzzed, not tired. Bandit was in his crate in the kitchen, sleeping with his head between his big paws. I changed into a pair of black shorts and a white tank top for P.J's. As soon as I walked out of the bathroom Ivy opened her bedroom door.

"Hey, there you are." She greeted me with a smile.

"Sorry it's been a real busy day." I replied as I leaned against the wall, trying not to faceplant the floor.

"Are you okay, Raine? You seem like something's bothering you." Ivy's voice was full of concern.

I smiled the best I could. "I'm fine. I'm heading to bed, we got school tomorrow." I reminded her as I walked in to my room.

I sat at the end of my bed and felt my heart sink like it did a few months ago. The whole in my chest came right back as tears began to swell up in my eyes. I took in a deep breathe and reminded myself not to cry. For a second I tried convincing myself that I was just going crazy. Ivy and I weren't human, and according to Klaus very rare. So that only meant one of two things either we were in danger or everyone around us was.

"Raine are you sure your okay?" Ivy asked as she entered my room.
I didn't answer her, I just kept looking forward. She sat down beside me. "It's that cute guy at the bar, isn't it?"

"Partially." I answered.

She wrapped her arms around me and allowed me to rest my head on her shoulder. If only she knew what the future was to hold for both of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has taken so long to update looks like Raine is trying to play with fire here by purposely messing with Kol. Please comment and tell me your thoughts and to all my readers and subscribers thank you so much
Special thanks to Rubicon and avenged angel for the comments you guys are great.