Sequel: Brand New Soul
Status: finished

Sold My Soul

Turn Off This Light, Call My Name

Kellin ~
“So what did they say?” Vic asked, not completely hiding his worry. “Alan and Austin are free, and Andy said if you wanted to meet him we’d have to go to the bar.” Vic nodded and pulled me into his arms. “So did the two of them want to meet us there?” he asked. “Yeah, I already asked them to. They said to be there at 9.” He smiled at me and then made a face. “What’s wrong?” I asked, confused by his sudden mood change. “Can you go in my room for a bit?” he asked, disregarding my question. “Why? Vic, what’s going on?”
He wasn’t looking at me, instead staring off into space, his eyebrows drawn together. “Please?” he asked suddenly.
I glared, pressing my lips defiantly.
“Not until you tell me what’s going on.” He sighed and finally met my eyes. “A friend is coming over to discuss something, and I can’t get him to wait. Please just go wait for me,” I shook my head.
“Why can’t I just stay in here with you? What are you hiding from me?” Vic chewed his lip nervously, tapping his foot. “Please,” I pouted and stalked off to his room, slamming the door shut.
I could hear voices a moment later, but was unable to understand what they were saying. Very carefully, I turned the door knob and opened it enough for me to listen. Of course, I knew it was wrong to eavesdrop, but Vic wasn’t going to tell me, and I had to know. It would drive me nuts if I didn’t.
I could easily separate Vic’s voice from someone else’s; someone I didn’t recognize. I had expected it to be Mike or whoever Jaime was, but the voice was different.
Vic: Did you take care of it?
??: You know I did.
Vic: And do you know who sent him? Or at least an idea as to who?
??: No, I’m sorry Vic. I couldn’t get anything out of him.
Vic: Damn…did he have anything on him?
??: Here, all he had was a phone and a wallet. I already checked around, no one’s heard of him.
Vic: Max Green, 26, Caucasian, December 15th, 1987. I’ve never heard of him either. Maybe Kellin knows him?
My eyebrows knit together in confusion. Who the hell is Max Green? And why would Vic think I knew him?
??: I doubt it Vic. He was probably just some creep looking for an innocent kid to fuck up.
Vic: I don’t know. Did you talk to Ricky? He usually deals with rapists.
??: Yes, I did, and there’s nothing on him. Stop worrying about this.
Vic: And tell me Chris, how am I supposed to stop worrying about him?
So he was talking to someone named Chris…where had I heard that name before?
Chris: Vic, there is nothing for you to worry about.
Vic: What do you mean ‘nothing to worry about?’ He was nearly kidnapped!
Chris: But he’s dead Vic, I killed him myself.
I accidentally squeaked, immediately slapping my hand over my mouth and freezing in place, praying they hadn’t heard.
But of course they did.
The door swung open, revealing a tall, black-haired man with tattoos, piercings, and dramatic makeup. “Still breaking the rules then,” he said and looked back at Vic, who was glowering at me.
“Kellin,” he said coldly, an irritated look on his face. He took a few deep breaths and then curled his finger, telling me to ‘come here’. I worried my lips between my teeth and walked passed Chris to where Vic was standing. “You were eavesdropping on me?” he asked, one eyebrow quirked upwards. “Um—kind of,” I mumbled.
“Why? I specifically asked you to wait for me.” I snapped my head up, glaring at him suddenly. “Because you never tell me anything!” Vic looked away briefly and then back at me.
“That’s because it wasn’t anything you needed to know about. If I want you to know something, then I’ll tell you. Otherwise, you stay out of my business.” I pressed my lips together, hurt by his harshness.
“Right, because I’m just your slave,” I said and walked straight out the front door.
I rubbed at my eyes and took the elevator down to the lobby, pulling my phone out as I did.

“Hello?” Jack answered on the second ring. “J-Jack, do you know where Vic lives?”
“Yeah, why? What’s wrong?”
“Can you come get me please? I don’t know where I am,” I admitted sadly and silently pleaded that Vic didn’t follow me. “Sure, yeah, I’ll be right there. Just wait outside for me,”
I mumbled an ‘okay’ and hung up, heading out front.
There were people walking both ways around me as I waited the fifteen minutes it took Jack to get here.
He pulled up next to the curve and waited for me to buckle my seatbelt before driving off.
“What happened?” he asked, glancing from me to the road. I shook my head, not ready to talk about it yet. “How do you know Vic?”
He smiled a little and looked at me. “Are you sure you want to know that? I thought he would’ve told you already, but since he didn’t, maybe he doesn’t want you to know,”
I made a stubborn face at that. “He doesn’t want me to know anything. How do you know him?” I demanded.
Jack sighed and pulled up to a red light.
“We fucked around a bit my freshman year of college. And before you freak out it, it wasn’t serious. He was never my boyfriend, just, like, a fuck-buddy.”
I blinked in surprise, that being the last thing I had expected him to say. “You had sex with Vic?” I asked incredulously, gaping at him. Jack laughed and nodded.
“Yeah, it lasted for about a month, and then I started dating Alex. He’s pretty good, huh?” I blushed and bit my lip. Vic was the best sex I’d ever had. “How did it start?” I asked.
It was difficult to picture him with anyone other than Alex; let alone picture him with Vic. “I met him in a bar; we were both drunk, and ended up going home together. It wasn’t predetermined, but the sex was good, so we did it again. It just kind of developed into calling each other whenever we were in the mood. And I promise it wasn’t serious.” I nodded slowly, still having trouble seeing them together, even if it was just sex. “So who topped?” I teased. Jack laughed and gave me the finger.
“Not a chance am I telling you that,” he said and pulled to a stop outside my complex. “So are you going to tell me what’s wrong?”
I shook my head, not entirely sure myself. ~

Vic ~
I called Kellin's number. It rang a few times before I got his voice mail, meaning he had rejected my call. I couldn’t help feeling a little hurt; not like I didn’t deserve it. “He’s not going to answer,” Chris said from my couch.
I called him again anyways, leaving a message. Please, listen.

Kellin ~
“Kellin, I’m sorry, please answer me. I promise I will tell you anything you want to know. Please Kells. Call me back when you get this. I love you,” I deleted the message immediately after listening to it and went to go take a shower. They always made me feel better; the water so soothing and relaxing.
I undressed slowly and stepped into the shower, turning the water on to the perfect temperature before standing under the spray. I just stood there, letting the water wash over me for what felt like hours, enjoying the way it felt so peaceful. After a while, I finally started to shower, finishing quickly, and rinsed. My phone was ringing from my bed again; no doubt it was Vic, calling for the thousandth time. When I was finally calm and in a pleasant mood, I got out and wrapped a fluffy towel around my body. I opened the bathroom door, the cool air of my bedroom wafting over me and sending shivers down my spine.
I dressed quickly in a soft, grey, long-sleeved shirt and black skinny jeans, craving the warmth of my clothing. I pulled a beanie over my still damp hair; it was unnaturally cold in my room. Maybe Justin had turned the thermostat down during the night.
My phone started ringing, Vic’s name appearing on the screen again. I answered and pressed it to my ear, talking before he could. “I don’t want to talk to you,” I said and hung up before he could rope me into forgiving him.
“I don’t care,” Vic said from behind me, scaring me. I whipped around, having forgotten that he could just appear places. “Go away Vic. I don’t feel like talking,”
He caught my arm as I tried to walk passed him and out of my room, holding me in place. “Then just listen. I want to apologize.” I sighed and pulled my wrist out of his grasp, crossing my arms over my chest.
“Okay. First of all, I’m sorry. I should have told you about what happened. I just—Chris is a demon of torture and I didn’t want to freak you out. Usually when a demon’s soul is targeted in some way, it’s by another demon that has some sort of personal vendetta. I asked Chris to try and get any information out of him, if there was any at all, and apparently there wasn’t.”
I looked at the carpet, trying to stay mad at him. “You didn’t have to have him killed,” I said quietly. Vic grimaced.
“Chris got him to tell his intentions. He was going to rape and then kill you Kellin.” I looked up at him, waiting silently for him to continue. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. And…there are some other things…rules set for demons that I’ve been, um…disobeying.”
“What do you mean? What rules?” I asked. Surely demons could do whatever they wanted…right?
“Um, sit down, maybe?” I did as he asked, sitting down cross-legged in the middle of my bed. He sat down too, looking at me sheepishly.
“Um, demons aren’t permitted to see their souls. Romantically, I mean.” My eyes widened at that, surprised. “Souls were originally made to be um…slaves.” He whispered the last word, not meeting my eyes.
“It’s okay Vic. I want you to tell me.” He nodded and started again, staring at the duvet as he talked.
“Traditionally, souls are only meant for blood and sex. It has been forbidden for a demon to be romantically involved with one of their souls for as long as I can remember. I don’t know why, it just is. And I was never supposed to visit you while you grew up. Demons are supposed to make a deal with whomever is selling a soul, whether that be the owner themselves or a biological guardian of them, and wait for however long the deal was to last. After the specified amount of time, the demon is to then collect the soul and do as they please with them. That would all be fine, but I disobeyed the agreement I made with your parents. I wasn’t to have any contact with you until after you turned twenty-one, and I did.”
I sat silently for a minute, just processing everything he had said.
“Why is it banned? For demons to see their souls?” I asked. “If they’re going to own them, why can’t they see them?” Vic looked at me and shook his head. “I have no idea. None of us do. Any demon under 200 years that I’ve ever met, has no idea as to why those restrictions were set, and the elders have all refused to tell me.”
I pressed my lips together in a frustrated line. It just didn’t make sense.
“There has to be a reason. It makes no sense to have rules that no one understands.” Vic sighed quietly. “I wish I knew Kellin, but I don’t. And I have no way of finding out or I would tell you,”
I smiled a little. “I believe you. And I forgive you.” He smiled too, leaning over and giving me an open-mouthed kiss.
“Oh and when were you going to tell me you and Jack used to fuck?” He choked and looked at me with wide eyes.
“Who told you that?” My eyes rolled. “Who else would know that the two of you used to do it? Jack told me.”
“Well, um, I wasn’t planning to and apparently you already know. What exactly did he say?” Vic asked. “Just that you two had casual sex for about a month before he started dating Alex. He wouldn’t tell me who tops,” I said, pouting a little.
Vic laughed, tipping his head back. “Sorry baby, but I’m not gonna tell you either.” I knew he wouldn’t. It wasn’t really my business, but I knew Alex was always a bottom and Vic never was; it was going to bother me until I knew. “Fine,” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.
Vic smiled and moved next to me, cupping my cheek with his hand. “I love you, you know. And you are so much more to me than a slave. I really hope you know that,” he said, suddenly serious. I held his gaze; his face mere inched from mine, and nodded. “I know. It just hurt that you know every last detail of my life, and yet you were still keeping secrets from me. And you know I hate not knowing things.”
He smiled and nodded. “Yeah I definitely know. I’m sorry. I promise I’ll tell you anything you want to know, okay?” I smiled and tipped my chin up quickly to kiss him. “So, now what? I wanna make it up to you,” I twisted my mouth to the side, pretending to think. “Make-up sex?”
He chuckled, shaking his head at me. “I’m trying to be sweet,” he said.
I mock pouted at him, batting my eyelashes. “So you don’t want to have sex with me?” Vic rolled his eyes, grinning and pushing me back to hover over me. “If there is ever a day when I don’t want to have sex with you, get help.” I giggled and smiled up at him. “I’ll make a note of that.” ~

“Are you hungry?” Vic asked into my hair, trailing his fingers up and down my torso. “Mm, not really,” I mumbled, content to just lay in bed with him. I felt his lips against my hair, kissing softly and smiled. It was nice, just lying in bed, and cuddling each other. There was something so intimate about cuddling naked that I loved. “How about a bath then?” His voice was so quiet in my ear as he spoke.
“Mm, kay,” I answered lazily. I was in this lovely post-sex state; everything felt so languidly calm and I didn’t want to interrupt it. “I’ll go start it,” he breathed and kissed my shoulder.
I watched him walk to my bathroom, completely naked, and absolutely gorgeous.
The sound of running water started; I waited patiently for him to return, burrowed in the sheets. “Come here,” Vic said softly from the doorway, and waited for me to get up.
I crawled out of bed, scampering over to him. “You’re adorable,” he said and pecked my nose before leading me over to the tub. He stepped, sitting down, and then helped me. I shivered pleasantly as the warm water washed over my skin.
Vic pulled me against his chest, letting me rest my head on his shoulder.
“I’ve never had a bath with anyone,” I admitted, looking up at him. “Really?” I nodded, blushing a little. “Yeah. This is really nice.” Vic smiled, kissing my cheek. “I’m glad you like it honey. I’ve always found it so relaxing.”
I nodded, pulling his arms around me and resting them on my stomach. Vic smiled and kissed my neck seductively, my head tipping to the side almost immediately to let him. I felt him smile against my throat, and then nip at it.
I shivered again, loving the way it felt as he sucked little marks into my skin.
“Mm…” I purred. Vic’s hands slid down my torso, his fingertips tracing my skin and making me shudder. “You like that?” he hummed in my ear and ran his fingers just under my waist. I squirmed in front of him and pushed his hand lower, wanting him to touch me. “So naughty,”
He continued to tease me, rubbing the insides of my thighs and ghosting his fingers over my erection. “Please,” I whined, begging to be touched. Vic nipped the shell of my ear, finally brushing his thumb over the tip, a soft moan leaving my lips.
He rubbed me, his wet fingers feeling incredible on my dick.
“Ugh,” I gasped, tipping my head back. Vic’s hand moved faster, his fingers rubbing the tip every so often and eliciting little moans from me.
“Ah, V-Vic, mm close,” I whimpered and his hand slowed teasingly. “No,”
Vic chuckled, stopping completely. “No, please, Vic,”
“Beg,” he ordered dominantly and squeezed the base. “Ugh, please Vic, please touch me. I need it,” That must have been good enough, because his hand returned to my dick, pumping rapidly.
I moaned loudly, arching my back. “F-fuck, Vic,” I cried and spilled over my chest and Vic’s hand.
He waited until I had come down from my high, just peppering kisses along my throat. “You’re so sexy,” he breathed.
“We should probably get out now. You made it dirty in here,”
I laughed breathlessly and tilted my head to look at him. “It’s your fault.”
Vic shifted behind me, waiting for me to stand up. “We should probably shower before we leave. You smell like sex,”
I glared at him and stepped out of the bath, covered in bubbles, and walked over to the shower. “Then you have to wait. Or else we won’t get anything done,”
He nodded and grinned at me. “Can’t I at least watch?” Vic asked and followed me to the shower. “Please? Promise, I’ll behave,”
I narrowed my eyes, but gave in as soon as he kissed me.
Vic turned the water on for me, eyeing me as I stepped under the spray. I poured shampoo into my hand and then scrubbed it into my hair.
Vic’s hands caught mine, stopping them. “Let me help,” he said and started massaging the soap through my hair. I had to admit, it felt nice, letting him wash my hair for me.
“It feels good, doesn’t it?” I nodded and titled my head into his hands. “Rinse,” he said, pulling his hands away and grabbed the bottle of conditioner. I did as he said, moving under the water and let it rinse the soap away.
Vic was ready by the time I finished, his hands gliding it through my hair. “Hm,” I purred happily, enjoying it.
I turned around in his arms, pulling him under the water to wet his hair, before shampooing it for him.
We were a tangle of arms, both trying to clean the other. I laughed as a drip of soap slid down Vic’s cheek. “How about we rinse now? Before I blind myself with soap,” I smiled, holding him under the water with me. It was nice to just shower with someone.
We lathered each other up with body wash, frolicking about in a soapy mass of limbs.
“C’mon Kells, time to get out,” Vic said playfully and turned the water off. I followed him out, wrapping one of my towels around my waist. “It’s cold out here,” I whined, goosebumps covering my skin. Vic just laughed and walked to my bedroom.
“Do you have clothes to wear?” I asked, planning to just wear the clothes I had put on after my first shower. Vic grinned. “I can wear whatever I want. I’m demon, remember?”
There was suddenly an outfit for him on my bed, Vic dressing in it. I watched him, dressing myself, and blushed when he caught me staring. “You look cute,” he said adjusted the beanie over my hair. I smiled, pecking his lips. “You too,”
He was wearing a black hoodie and dark grey jeans. “What time is it?” I asked. It was almost dark outside, the sun just barely touching the sky. “Um…8:30…do you want to get dinner?”
I shook my head. “We can just eat at the bar. CC’s the ‘chef’. He won’t mind making something for us. But…um,” I blushed, looking down at my shoes, “if you’re um, thirsty…”
Vic tilted my chin up with the tip of his index finger, smiling warmly at me. “Yes please,” he said and pulled my body against his. I wrapped my arms around him, resting my hands on his belt. His breath tickled my throat and then he bit me. I still wasn’t used to the shock of pain whenever he drank from me. My fingers curled around the end of his hoodie, just wanting something to hold onto. His hand cupped my face, thumb rubbing my cheek comfortingly. I held onto him tighter as he drank, starting to get a little light-headed. “V-Vic,”
He pulled back an inch as soon as I spoke, flicking the marks with his tongue to heal it. “Hm, you really do taste wonderful,” he said, licking his lips clean. I blushed again and braided our fingers together. “Do you want to leave now?”
He smiled and pulled me towards the door. “Let’s go,”
♠ ♠ ♠
so Jack and Vic....come up with a ship name for that

title- "She Makes Dirty Words Sound Pretty" Pierce the Veil