Status: A personalised Jacoby Shaddix/Papa Roach love story for my best friends, Erin and Laura. I hope everyone enjoys reading it!

I Fell to Temptation

Chapter 2

When I woke up this morning all I could think about was the possibility of my brother Tobin being in Papa Roach! You’d think my siblings would have told me something like this! But the twins could be keeping it a secret? I kept a secret. But why would Tobin keep a secret. Actually Tobin is rubbish at keeping people informed on things.. This is all so confusing!

I finally rose from bed and I went over to my dresser, where my iPhone was lying charging. I pressed the home button to check the time, and smiled at my screensaver. It was a photo of Hayley, Rachel and I and it was taken on the first night we got together, we were in some Pub for a freshers night and we had to take a picture of our group. I was going to miss Hayley and Rachel so much. They've been my best friends since the moment I stepped foot at University and we’re all so close. It’s going to be weird being without them every day.

I pressed the home button again as I had forgot to check the time and as my screen came to life the clock read seven forty seven, jeez, this is early even for me. I went into my bathroom, washed my face and then went to the kitchen to get something to eat, Rachel was sat at the breakfast bar reading a magazine, she is always up early.

“Good morning rae-rae.” I said with a smile.

“Morning Erin!” She replied.

“Whatcha reading?” I asked her.

“Just some crappy celebrity story, the same old stuff that is always in this.” She said sighing, I knew she was upset.

“Whats up?” I asked her, stupid question, she just glared at me. “Ah.” I said in response to her glare.

“Why do you have to leave us? It’s not fair.” Rachel said putting her head on the table.

“Rae-Rae...” I said glaring at her. "We've been through this so many times!" I said with a smile. “You're acting like its the worst thing in the world, it’s not like this is the last time we will see each other! I will be taking trips down here!” I saidlaughing whilst pouring cheerios into a bowl.

“But still.” She said with her head still on the table.

“Look don’t think about it!” I said smiling but she sighed.

“I really don’t want you to go Erin.” She said lifting her head and looking at me, I smiled and sat beside her with my cheerios.

“Here, have a cheerio.” I said stuffing a spoonful into her mouth making her laugh, “See! They work wonders these cheerios!” I said cramming some into my own mouth making her laugh more.

“When you get home tell your family I hate them for stealing you from me!” she said half smiling, I laughed.

“Will do!” I said eating more.

“I take it the twins are excited?” she said while flicking the page of her magazine.

“You betcha! Couldn’t get a word in edgeways.. Oh I also told them about Jake.” I said and Rachel shot her head up from the magazine.

“FINALLY!” She screamed. “You’ve kept that quiet so long.” She said and I nodded.

“Yeah I know. But hey there was something strange in our conversation.” I said remembering the whole Papa Roach thing.

“Strange? How so?” she asked closing her magazine.

“Well you know the way I tell them about local bands and stuff?” She nodded, “Well as there wasn’t much talent this week I told
them about the band Hayley introduced us to.” I said.

“Oh Papa Roach?” She asked and I nodded.

“I asked them if they knew the band Papa Roach and they burst out laughing and said: ‘Of course we know Papa Roach!’ And they said it in a way that sounded as if I should have known something you know? So I was like what the hell?” I said.

“Hmm, do continue!” She said smiling. “Well they were just talking really strange, like asking me if I knew the band members names and stuff and I said no, to which they said well, you know one..”

“Hmmm, I see, interesting! Continue!” she said. “Well, after the phone call I asked Hayley all the band members names. There’s Jacoby, Jerry, Tony...” I said before I was cut off.

“OH MY GOD. DUDE. IS YOUR BROTHER TOBIN IN PAPA ROACH?!” Okay I didn’t see that coming, as Rachel screamed that Hayley walked into the room.

“WHOSE BROTHER IS IN PAPA ROACH?!” Hayley looked at us confused, oh great, I laughed.

“That’s what I was thinking Rachel..” I said laughing, Rachel began fan girling on the bar stools.

“Woah woah woah. WHAT THE HELL?!” Hayley asked me looking confused .

“Well Hayley you see...” I explained everything about me on the phone to Laura and Christina and them being weird and why I asked her their names and how Tobin was ironically one of them.

“WHAT? TOBIN, YOUR BROTHER COULD BE IN PAPA ROACH!!” Hayley screamed, I laughed.
“It’s possible” I smiled at her.

“No, woah my best friends brother is in Papa Roach? WOAH HOLY CRAP! OH MY GOODNESS! I should breathe, crap I forget how to, AHHH BREATHE HAYLEY, BREATHE!” Hayley again screamed, Rachel was also ranting.

“Jesus guys calm down! He might not be!” I said laughing.

“But but but d-d-dude! H-h-he c-c-could BE!” Rachel said. I burst out laughing.

“Dude calm down! Why can’t you be like Hayley? She’s just sitting there shocked, you do that!” I laughed, I looked at the time it was twenty five minutes past eight, my plane is at three forty five. I should get ready, after all I do need to be at the airport two hours before the scheduled lift off.

“Okay well I will leave yous two here, don’t die, please, I’m going to get ready, okay?” all I got from Hayley was a nod and I got a

“PAPA FUCKING ROACH!” from Rachel, yeah I think I’ve messed her up in the head now.
I grabbed the clothes that I had left out for going home and went into the bathroom and got a shower. When I was out, hair dried and body dried, I got changed. I put on my green skater skirt, a black and white stripy medium sleeved top which showed off my shoulders and I put my boots on. I then did my make-up and put a few curls through my hair, that didn’t take long.
When I was ready I went into the kitchen to see if they had calmed down a little. Rachel hadn’t calmed down at all. She was jumping around the kitchen singing Last Resort, one of my favourite songs, I laughed at her, and skipped up to her up and joined in with the singing. Hayley stared at us laughing then she joined us, we were all jumping around until Rachel slid on the floor which made Hayley and I then fall laughing. We sat on the floor in a huddle for a bit.

“You’re looking nice today Erin.” Hayley said smiling at my outfit.

“She always looks nice!” Rachel said with a smile, I laughed.

“Why thank you.” I said and smiled at both of them I looked up at the clock it was now three minutes past nine.

“Right honeybees I’m gonna dash over to Starbucks and get us our morning brews!” I said and made my way to the door, I told the girls I’d be back in fifteen minutes and I made my way outside, the shop was about four blocks away, so it didn’t take long to get there. The streets were basically dead, I was happily enjoying the morning atmosphere when a familiar face turned the corner and stopped infront of me.

“Well well well, Erin Esperance, it’s nice to see you.” Jonny sarcastically said. I wanted to push him onto the road beside us so that he got hit by the oncoming bus.

“Jonny.” I replied in a monotone.

“I thought you would be a bit more excited to see me!” he said smirking.

“How’s the drug business coming along?” I sarcastically asked.

“Oh it’s great! It’s really picked up in the past few months, funny that. Hey! While we’re on personal questions, how’s the love life?” he asked grinning

“Oh god it’s great!” I lied “How’s yours?”

“Oh you know, same old same old, different girl every night.” He said smiling.

“Well gee aren't you doing well, I take it you’re very proud of yourself! I’m sure all those STI’s love using your body as a home!” I smiled, he just glared at me “Well Jonny, it was an absolute pleasure bumping into you but I’ve a flight to catch.” I said trying to make myself sound business like. “I’m sure I’m holding you back from a drug deal in one of the allies behind me, so I’ll let you get back to that! Bye!” I said smiling and waving, he didn’t say anything and I didn’t care.

I continued walking until I got to Starbucks. It didn’t take too long until I had ordered our beverages. A caramel hot chocolate for Rachel and I and a caramel macchiato for Hayley. With our Starbucks in hand, I headed back to the apartment. I had to knock on the door when I got to it, as my hands were full. Rachel answered.

“SURPRISE!” My friends shouted as I entered the door.

“Oh my god!” I screamed looking at them all. “Guys, really! What is this!” I said smiling looking around at everyone. “It’s a small leaving party for you!” Hayley smirked and I smiled.

“We had dinner two nights ago! But awk you guys!” I said smiling and hugging a few of my friends. “We know, but you’re leaving in a few hours so we wanted to see you before you left!” one of my other friends, Luke said. “Aww you guys are awesome! GROUP HUG!” I said with a few tears in my eyes. “Now unfortunately I didn’t get enough Starbucks for us all.” I said and they laughed.
We spent the next few hours chatting away, Hannah brought cupcakes so we were eating them and Rachel made drinks for everyone, it was really lovely. It was coming up to half twelve and my taxi was going to be arriving at any moment. My friends helped me bring my luggage downstairs before the taxi got here. Hayley and Rachel were already in tears at this point.

“Guys! Don’t cry!” I said trying not to cry myself. “We can’t help it!” Rachel said between sobs. “C’mon don’t make me cry! I’ve cried enough today! And I just re-did my make up!” I said trying to make them smile, it worked, they laughed.

“Right missy have you got your passport?” Hayley asked me whilst sniffling and wiping her tears.

“Yes Mommy!” I said laughing at her. She gave me a big hug, then Rachel gave me a hug then we had a group hug. I then went over to my other friends, hugged each of them and then they all formed a circle around me and sang “For she’s a jolly good fellow!” making me laugh and tear up, yet again.
My taxi had arrived at this point and it was waiting so I had to go, I hugged everyone one last time and then turned to face them all.

“Wow I can’t believe I am finally leaving.” I said looking at them all and taking one last look up at our apartment block.

“I’m going to miss yous all so much!” I said and began to cry, they all ran and hugged me once more. The majority of us were in tears now but I had to leave. I got into the taxi, blew my friends a kiss and then waved goodbye to them all, it was so upsetting seeing them all cry, and I was crying too. I kept on waving back at them, until I couldn’t see them anymore.
The airport wasn’t very far and I had a nice little chat with the Taxi Driver, Bob. When we got there Bob took my suitcases out and I paid him, I took all my suitcases and walked into the airport. It was coming up to twenty past one, we made good time, two and a bit hours before lift off, that’s good.

I walked up to join the line under the big TV that said Vancouver, Canada. I waited for about ten minutes then I was at the front checking in, once I was done I had to go through security and wait for another forty minutes until we boarded. I took my mobile out and rang Christina and Laura to tell them I was waiting in the airport now, we couldn’t chat long, they were up to something. I also texted Hayley and Rachel to say the same. I sat looking around then I decided to go into a shop to get some things for the plane. I sat down and waited until finally the TV thing said my flight was boarding. I was at the very end of the line so it took me a while to get on, there weren’t that many people but it still took a while.

I eventually got on the plane and followed the line down to row 23, seat E, yes! Window seat! I put my hand luggage up in the little head cabinet, took my seat and took my iPod out. A family then took place in the seats around me, an old gentlemen with his wife and grandkids sat in the same row as me, the two youngest were placed in the seats next to me. The parents of the children were behind.

“Grandpoppy will we see the plane take off from the window?” The youngest girl asked.

“I’m sure you will poppet, if you pay close attention.” He said in a ragged voice. I smiled at them both. I could see the little girl craning her neck to look out the window.

“Would you like to have the window seat?” I asked the girl, her face lit up and she turned to her grandparents who were smiling at me.

“Oh Grandpoppy and Grandma can I sit there? Can I can I can I?” She asked.

“If the kind lady is happy to give her seat up then of course.” The grandma said.

“It’s no problem at all.” I said smiling, and swapped seats with the little girl.

“My names Lily.” She said when we had swapped. “And this is my other sister Jessica. Beside Grandypoppy and Grandma is my big brother Ryan. Mommy, Daddy and Aunt Lilian are behind us. Oh and in the other row are my cousins and Uncle Max.” Lily said smiling.

“Why thank you for that introduction, Lily. That’s a very pretty name. My names Erin.” I said and she looked over joyed that I had spoke back to her.

“That’s a pretty name too Erin. I’m six how old are you?” She asked and her Mom shouted her name in a loud whisper. I turned my head to tell her it was okay and she gave me an apologetic smile.

“I’m almost twenty one.” I said and made a ‘yikes’ face that made Lily laugh.

“Wow you’re old. But not as old as Grandpoppy and Grandma.” She said and they all laughed.

“Lily if you want to watch the plane lift off you better start paying attention now.” Her Grandpa said. She made an excited sound and fixated her gaze to outside.
The plane was finally moving, the air hostesses began going through the safety procedures. Then we were gaining speed going down the runway. I looked over to look out the window and smiled as Lily began getting more excited. As we lifted up in the sky she turned to face me with the biggest smile on her face. The first hour on the plane was totally fine, Lily had swapped seats with Jessica and had been chatting away to me. Such a sweet kid. I could tell she was running out of energy when she became quiet so I took that as my opportunity to stick my earphones in and listen to some tunes. I had listened to a selection of songs before I was being shaked uncontrollably. It was Lily.

“Whats up?” I said taking an earphone out and smiling at her.

“Everyones asleep but something is wrong with Grandpoppys face.” She said, I quickly turned around to look at her Grandpa, and I gasped when I did so. I quickly got up off my seat and went to his side.

“Sir, sir, can you hear me sir?” I said and he shook his head. The whole left hand side of his face had fallen, this gentleman was taking a stroke! My voice had woke his wife sitting beside him and she screamed an ‘oh my goodness.’ when she realised what was happening. “Sir can you tell me how you are feeling?” I asked he was able to vocalise slightly but not very much so. At this stage air hostesses were around me. I looked up at one of them, “This man is taking a stroke. We need medical assistance ASAP.” I said and one ran to the cockpit whilst another shouted for a doctor. A lady stood saying she was a doctor and attended to the gentlemen. The family were now all awake, staring intensively at their Grandpa. I could see Jessica and Lily were upset and so I sat back down beside them, took out my ipod and set a game up for them to play.

“Here you go girls. Just play with this. Grandpa isn’t feeling so well but we’re sorting it out, don’t worry.” I said soothingly. They both listened and played with the game. Their mom put her hand on my shoulder and was thanking me.
Soon after a voice blared through the sound system.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, due to a sudden medical emergency we have to make an immediate landing at Detroit airport. Repeat we have to make an immediate landing at Detroit airport.” The pilot said.

Mumblings and grumblings then started rising in the aircraft, some people annoyed, some wondering what was happening. Some people asking what we would do from Detroit. All I could think of was that poor gentlemen and this poor family, they must be terrified. I would be. Fifteen minutes later the Pilot spoke through the system again.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I have just been informed that another plane making its way to Vancouver is able to hold until we arrive. You will continue on your journey when we make it to Detroit. Cabin crew please prepare aircraft for landing.”

Not so long later we had landed in Detroit and an ambulance was waiting. We made our way off the aircraft and I walked with the family to the ambulance, where they all thanked me.

“Really it was Lily. If she hadn’t told me none of us would have realised.” I said, giving Lily a reassuring smile. I wished them all well, and hoped their Grandpa would pull through. I then had to follow a lady to where the next plane was waiting. The plane waiting was much larger than the previous plane we had been on. The interior consisted of three rows, the outer rows were made up of three seats and the middle was of four. I was surprised as there weren’t that many people on the plane. I was directed to my seat, and I smiled as I had a whole row to myself. I was putting my hand luggage in the little shelves above my seat when someone bumped into me.

“Oh i’m so sorry! Are you okay?” A familiar man’s voice said, I looked up and my jaw dropped.

“NO WAY.” I screamed. “TOBIN?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this chapter has given you guys some insight to Erins personality, thats what I was kinda going for! And omg?! Tobin on the plane? what are the chances.. ;)