Assistants and Dearest

XV

Three weeks passed by quickly. Work was the same, in fact everything seemed to be frozen in time.

"Stop." I muttered. Vic stopped kissing my neck and moved back.

"What? I thought you liked it."

"I do, just not right now." He nodded.

"Okay...can I ask why? I've never known Kellin to turn down my attention." I smiled.

"I guess I'm just not in the mood. But you know what I am in the mood is-"

"No." Vic said firmly. I gritted my teeth.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to get Vic, well you know, in my pants, but he won't do it. And I don't even know why. I think it has something to do Matty, but I'm not fully aware of why he's putting me off. All I know is it's really frustrating me.

"Why?" I whined, giving him a pleading look.

"Because." Was all he said, much like the other times.

"That's not a reason, just tell me!" I yelled, now not giving a shit if I came off too strong.

"Fine." He yelled back. I could tell I made him mad. "After what you had with Matty, it isn't right of me to make it worse. You've already lost so much, I can't take anymore away from you." He said, now more calmly. I gaped at him, then laughed sarcastically.

"Really? That's why?" Vic seemed confused, but then he nodded. "You aren't taking anything away from me Vic. This is my choice, and I choose you. Don't bring my past into this." Vic opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him. "Obviously you have another reason, so spit it out."

He sighed, looking around the office. "Fine. I don't feel like it's right to, you know, unless I'm really in love with you. I didn't want to tell you this because then it sounds bad." Was it?

When I first heard him say he basically wasn't in love me, it kind of stung. But then I realized, you don't just fall in love with someone. So could I blame him? There was two sides of this, and I just couldn't choose.

So I went with the easy one. To be mad.

"Yeah, I'm going home early."

"Kellin-" His hand reached for mine.

"Don't" I warned, snapping my hand from his. He furrowed his eyebrows.

I walked out the doors and onto the sidewalk, following it to wherever it led. I started to cool off. I knew telling him about Matty would change things! That's the original reason why I was mad in the first place. I'm more mad at myself than I am at him, I just took it out on him. I always do that it seems.

Apologizing would be the right thing to do, but I also would embarrass myself. I don't know, it's apparent I screw shit up, but then I can never fix it.

I continued down the sidewalks until I saw the sun start to set. Time to go home.

The walk was short, and when I arrived I saw Vic was already home. I sighed before pushing the door open and walking in.

"Kellin, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought up Matty and-" I kept walking past him, up the stairs, and into my room. It wasn't that I was mad, I just couldn't talk to him right now. Things like this upset me ten times more than they would anyone else.

There was no doubt in my mind that this would take me a few days to get over.

So I sat there for another remnant of the evening listening to music and reading. There was not much to do, especially since Vic and I weren't talking. Well, I wasn't talking.

Around seven, I got up and went out to go shower, but the door was closed. I sighed when the water turned on. Vic was in there.

I sat down by the wall and waited until the door opened. Vic glanced at me, but didn't say anything. I watched him disappear into his room before standing up and walking into the steamy bathroom.

And what I saw surprised me.

There was words written on the fogged up mirror.

"Since this is the only way for me to talk to you, then so be it."

This was his plan? Interesting...

I got into the shower and grabbed the body wash, popping the cap open. And out slid a tag into my hand. I quirked my eyebrows before unfolding it and reading it.

"I'm sorry about Matty, I shouldn't have brought him up."

And now, I'm waiting for my next note.