Assistants and Dearest

XXII

Vic

A week passed. Kellin never responded my texts or my calls. Where the hell is he even? I don't know. I've searched town, but he's no where around here.

What if he left? No, he couldn't have. I know Kellin has money but not enough to flee town.

I knew I should've stayed away from Tyler. Did I really expect him to change? I just wanted to know why he hurt me. Of course he'd never give me the satisfaction of the truth. He never did when we dated either.

But one thing I've learned from the whole ordeal is that I don't love Tyler anymore. I can't love him, because I love Kellin now. And even though I've lost him too, I still love him.

He can hate my guts, he can never speak to me again, but I'll still love him as much as I did the day I saw how bright he actually is.

My heart hurts, a strange feeling if I say so myself. Sure, there was times in my life where I hurt, but not like this. I guess I really did fall in love with Kellin, hard. Without him, I couldn't see very far into the future. Had I ruined our trust forever?

My fingers traced shapes onto the moist window I've been staring out for the most part of my day. There was nothing to do really.

Without him, what's the point?

God I miss him already. I can't believe I could've been so fucking stupid. And with my luck, I can guess Kellin is probably doing something stupid right now.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Kellin

"U-ugh." Was all I managed to choke out before burying my head in Matty's neck.

When Matty and I finished, I sat up and let out a relieved sigh. It felt good to let out some relief in a pleasurable way.

"That was your welcome fuck." Matty joked. "And there's plenty more." He whispered the last part, but I caught it. Maybe I could back to this usual fucking routine.

The idea wasn't too appealing at first, but if it keeps me off the streets and Matty happy, I'm okay with it.

Since I didn't have enough money for my own place, I ended up asking to room with Matty for awhile until I can get my own place, and he happily agreed. So, I guess I'm stuck here for awhile, not that I'm necessarily complaining.

I'd rather be here than with Vic.

Okay, maybe that's a lie, but that's only half of me. Part of me wants to go back to him, but the other part says it's for the best.

But is it for the best?

Who cares, I don't have time to figure this out.

The night passed faster than I expected, and when my alarm clock went off in the morning, I groaned.

Today I had to find a job or something.

My hands rummaged through my large piles of clothes before I found a nice looking shirt and pants, then threw on some shoes.

"Good luck babe." Matty said, kissing me quickly. I cringed at his pet name. It just didn't fit. I wasn't Matty's babe anymore, but I guess I wasn't Vic's either, so who really gave a shit?

I walked off around town, stopping into multiple places.

And then I found it.

Down the block was a small vinyl store, with a sign saying now hiring. Without a seconds hesitation, I hurried off and went into the store, practically running to the counter. Why have I never been here before?

"Hello, may I help you?" I heard a lady ask me from behind. I turned around and looked down at her. The tag said her name was Sydney.

"Hi, I'm here to apply for the job." She looked at me up and down, then smiled at me.

"You're hired."

"W-what? Don't you want to interview me?"

"Hmm. No. You're suitable I guess. Now come on, I'm gonna teach you how to organize the vinyl's properly."

So with that, the short lady grabbed my arm and practically yanked me into the back where I was faced with tons of records that I had never thought would've existed still.

Everything looked so ancient in here. The vinyl's were labeled by year, and some went back to the 1940's. A smile crept onto my lips.

I guess this wasn't so bad.

"Alright we keep two copies of each album, just in case. All you have to do everyday is look at our list over there." She pointed her finger to a laminent sheet of paper with album titles, artists, and quantity written on it. "If you see one with one under quantity, that means someone bought it and we need to put the second copy out. Then, we order more monthly." Sounds easy.

"Alright." Was all I said before she nodded and took me back to the counter.

And for the rest of the day, my mind really couldn't slip back to Vic. I was consumed in learning everything Sydney had to teach me.

She taught me how to use the cash register and how to help the customers. Everything seemed simple, but she talked fast so it took me a few minutes to process what she'd said to me.

"Got it?" She said at the end, so I simply nodded. She flashed me a smile.

If I was straight I'd probably be all over her.

"Good, you start tomorrow. Ten dollars an hour, we'll bump you up if you work hard." Once again, I nodded.

"Thank you." Was all I said before slipping out the glass door and back down the street. I walked slowly down the side walk, kicking pebbles around. In fact, I was totally distracted that I didn't realize I was going to bump into someone.

But I did, and down went their books.

"Oh, I-uh s-sorry." I said quickly, bending down and picking up the books. It wasn't until I straightened up that I saw who it was.

And the minute my eyes met those brown ones, I wanted to run.

Alex.