Status: currently working on more chapters will be updated soon.

My Eternal: Revealed

Chapter 2

Jason came back to the booth, “How did it go?” Sookie asked.

“Not well. Everything just keeps fucking up.” he told her.

Sookie looked at him, “What do you mean?

“There’s something I haven’t told you, but I don’t think I should tell you here.”

Outside Sookie picked up a trash bag on the ground, “Who took out the trash?”

“I saw Lafayette come out here with it.” he said.

Sookie tossed the bag into the dumpster, “So what is it you wanted to tell me?”

“I took some V a few nights ago..” he started.

“Jason!”

“I know, I ain’t gonna do it no more. Just listen, I started seeing things, then I was in my closet and well I found some letters under the floor.”

“And? What about them?” Sookie asked.

“I think Daddy had another kid.” Jason said.

“What makes you think that?” Jason handed her the letter, Sookie shook her head in disbelief skimming through the letter when there in her father’s handwriting it read, “How are you? How’s the baby?”

Sookie huffed, “This doesn’t prove anything Jason.”

“Doesn’t prove anything? Why would he hide letters under the floor boards? Hid them from his wife?” He asked.

Sookie replied, “Well it doesn’t make sense why would he not send this letter if it was meant for someone? Why keep it?”

“Look at the date. He never got to send it.” Jason told her.

Sookie stared back down at the letter in her hands. "Sookie! What are you doing back here I need your help getting these tables cleaned, it's almost closing time." Arlene exclaimed.

It’s a cool summer evening as they walk through Town Square eating their frozen yogurts, when Dana brings up Sadie’s up coming trip to Bon Temps.

“God I can’t believe my mom did that. She knows I had plans this summer, this was suppose to be MY summer to do whatever I wanted. No family vacation, no dumb camps to go to, none of that, then she goes and just throws all that out the window. Am I sounding like a brat?” Sadie asked.

“No, not really. I mean you have every right to feel that way, you know? But it is your Aunt and your mom did seem pretty concerned about her, enough to book you a flight so soon. Plus she didn’t say it’d be the whole summer.”

Sadie sighed, “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“What else is new?” Dana teased. “Ha, Ha.” Sadie rolled her eyes, as they snickered amongst themselves.

A few hours before, Sookie was awaken from a sound coming from the attic, she went up to see what it was and found a freshly dead rat in a mouse trap, Sookie moved her flashlight away from the rat and caught view of something in the corner of the attic, a leather trunk just about extended arms length in width. Sookie knelt down in front of it and put her hand on top of the trunk lid a sudden vision came to her, her father placing something inside and locking it, then he was at Gran's house placing the trunk in the attic. As abruptly as it started it was gone. Sookie was in disbelief at what just happened she had never gotten a vision before. She called Bill and asked if it was too early/late for him to come over and help her get the chest open. "Of course not, I'll be right over." Bill said. Bill brought down the trunk from the attic and tried to break it open using all his vampire strength but it wouldn't budge, much to both their surprise. "Perhaps it's sealed with magic?" Bill concluded. "Magic, but daddy didn't know any magic." Sookie said. She continued "He locked it with a key, I saw it in my vision." Sookie told him. "Vision?" Billed asked. "When I touched it, I saw my dad put something in it and lock it. Then he brought it here to Grans' house." Sookie explained. Bill sat thinking a moment, "Did you see what that something was?" Bill asked.

"No, but maybe it's something to help me learn what I am, or why I'm able to read people's minds. Or, it could be something to do with a woman daddy was writing to." Sookie said.

"What woman?" Bill asked. "We don't know, Jason found these letters under the floorboards. But there's no name or address on any of them." Sookie said.

Studying the trunk further, he took notice of the unusual hand carvings on the front, he explained to Sookie that the symbols looked like a mix of Ancient Latin and Egyptian hieroglyphics he was able to make out some of the Latin text which he read aloud; "Locked it shall remain, until the one who holds the key unlocks it again."

"I didn't know you spoke Latin?" Sookie said. "Not fluently, but I know enough." Bill told her. "So, all we need is the key to open it." Sookie said.

"First, you'll need to find it. Do you have any idea where your father may have hidden it?" Bill asked. But as Sookie started to answer Bill could see it was getting light out, Sookie acknowledged this by telling him it was Ok she understood he had to go and thanked him with a kiss before he flitted out the door.

Unable to sleep, Sadie went into the kitchen for a glass of water. On her way back to her room she heard Claire talking to someone. "Sadie?" her mom called out.

Sadie opened her mom's bedroom door, "Yeah?"

"Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, just thirsty. Who's that?" Sadie asked pointing to the phone.

Claire gestured the phone towards Sadie, "It's your dad. Want to talk to him?

“Hey dad.” Still holding the glass in one hand Sadie grabbed the phone in the other.

“How are you sweetie?” he asked.

“I’m fine, just sad I won’t get to see you since I’ll be out of town.” she said.

“By the time you get back I’ll be home. It’ll go by quick I promise, just remember to be careful okay?”

Sadie could feel tears swell in her eyes, it’s felt like forever since she last saw her dad and hearing his voice reminded her how much she missed him. “Alright.”

“I love you.” he said.

“Love you too dad.” Sadie replied.

Sookie told Jason about the trunk she found in the attic and what was written on it. Jason sat on the couch staring at the trunk, "Whatever's in there daddy didn't want nobody to find it. But what is it?" Jason asked.

"Honestly it could be anything. I've scrambled my mind since last night trying to figure it out." Sookie said. "You said even Bill couldn't get it open?" Jason asked.

"Nope, it won't open without a key. It's magic or something." Sookie replied.

"Daddy knew magic?" Jason asked.

"He knew something or someone you knew how to magically lock something and make it stay that way." Sookie said.

They sat for a moment silent looking at the trunk, then Jason jumped up from the couch, he had an idea. "Dynamite!" he exclaimed. "What? Dynamite?" Sookie repeated.

"Yeah, explosives can open anything. Surround this sucka with some dynamite and BOOM! It opens." Jason said.

"Bill couldn't even open it." Sookie said.

"Bill is not dynamite." Jason said.

"That makes no sense Jason. Look we just need to find the key, now you put that dynamite idea out of your head." Sookie demanded.

"Fine, while you're looking for some tiny little key that could be anywhere. Imma go get me some explosives and I know exactly where that's at." Jason said as he left the house, Sookie called after him, "Jason!" but he rushed off in his car.

Tara drove up to her house, she slips through the front door but doesn't make it all the way in, when her mother hits her over the head with a big heavy book. Tara cried out in pain she held her head, stumbling across the room.

"Where the hell you been, you dirty whore?!" Lettie Mae speech slurred.

"Mama!" Tara screamed.

Lettie Mae yelled, "Out all night doing all kinds of God-know-what! You the devil, child! You ain't no child of mine!"

Lettie Mae took another swing at Tara with the book, but Tara was able to avoid the blow. The force of her swing caused Lettie to fall on her knees, hands landing on the coffee table.

"Oh, Jesus!" Tara exclaimed.

Lettie Mae yelled "Jesus ain't gonna help you!"

"Yeah, that's been clear for quite some time." Tara said.

"You sass the Lord and I will kick your skinny ass, you hear me?!" Lettie Mae yelled.

Tara snapped, "You can't even stand up... you pathetic, ugly old bitch!"

Lettie Mae, now sitting on the floor, looked up at Tara, gripped her chest and cried.

"Oh, mama." Tara said softly

Tara went over to help her crying mother. Lettie Mae shouted, "I ain't ugly!"

"Mama, why do you wanna do this to yourself?" Tara asked.

"If Jesus was here, he'd take one look at you and he'd apologize for giving me such a spiteful child!" Lettie Mae said.

Tara chuckled, "You kidding? Jesus wouldn't even set foot inside this house, not with the way you smell. Now, let's just go and take a shower. OK? I'm gonna help you up."

As Tara helped her mother to her feet, Lettie Mae grabbed a liquor bottle and bashed it against the side of Tara's head.

"Who's ugly now?!" Lettie screamed

"All right. You may have carried me... and nursed me ... but obviously you are now set on killing me! And if I'm forced to choose between you and me, guess what? You lose." Tara took her keys and headed for the door.

Lettie Mae cried, "You get back here! You help me up!"

"You on your own, old woman!" Tara snapped back.

“Lafayette where are you? This like the tenth time I’ve called. Call me when you get this.” Tara went to Merlotte's that evening and nearly drinks the whole bar clean. Finally just before

closing time with everybody gone except Sam, he cuts her off, but she insist on having another. "Sorry Tara, bar's closed. And you have had enough for one night."

"You don't tell me when I've had enough! I'll tell you when I've had-" Tara passed out, nearly hitting the floor as she slid off the bar stool but Sam caught her and brought her into his house. As Tara laid on the couch he placed a blanket over her and went to bed.