Status: In Progress (Comments/Suggestions Welcomed)

Rikers Island Jail Football Program

BREAKING: Rikers Island Coach Suspended 1 Game, Fined

(September 2nd, 2012) The NCAA officially announced that Rikers Island Inmate head coach Connie Jenkins is suspended 1 game for her sideline antics in yesterday's game against Navy.

Connie Jenkins became visibly frustrated on the sideline, and attacked the Gatorade coolers causing them to spill all over the turf field. She also broke a multitude of clipboards, and screamed unspeakable things as her temper tantrum continued.

NCAA spokesperson, Joe Fish, was not impressed with Coach Jenkins' behavior.

"It has come to our attention that Rikers Island head coach Connie Jenkins conducted herself in a very poor, and unprofessional manner during yesterday's sporting event. We here at the NCAA do not condone such behavior and are embarrassed that the fans who came out for the game had to endure it. Coach Jenkins will be receiving a 1 game suspension along with a $25,000 fine for her uncalled for behavior. We strongly caution Mrs. Jenkins to gain control of her actions as this is the second fine she has accrued in her short time as head coach."

Connie Jenkins was unable to be reached for comment following the news of her suspension.

Claude Newman will get the job of head coach for the next game. The Rikers Island Inmates are up against the Army Black Knights.

With Claude's inability to speak proper English coupled with his heavy addiction to alcohol, this game looks to get even uglier than the Navy game, which ended with the Inmates losing 86-0.