Status: In Progress (Comments/Suggestions Welcomed)

Rikers Island Jail Football Program

Remarkable Recovery

"Ahh!" Fu Fu brown cried out in pain as she waited in the medical ward.

Fu Fu had suffered a horrific injury during the pregame performance of Riker's Island football's first game against Navy.

During an attempt to do a cartwheel, Fu Fu had fallen and her back had cracked loudly, and Fu Fu was unable to get up. She had been carted off the field on a stretcher.

Fu Fu, currently serving as Co-Captain of the Rikers Island Inmate cheerleading squad. Her horrific injury will likely lead to weeks of time away from the squad.

Fu Fu laid on a hospital bed in the medical ward, twitching and yelling in agonizing pain. She had worn out her welcome with the nurses as they felt that she was embellishing the pain that she was actually in and was being a drama queen.

Connie Jenkins stopped by to comfort Fu Fu and ensure her that the cheerleading squad appreciated her effort as Co-Captain and that they all hoped that Fu Fu would make a speedy recovery.

Connie also informed Fu Fu that the team would be in good hands as Co-Captain Derricka Rose would take over control of the team....

Fu Fu's eyes widened and she instantly stopped crying out in pain. Fu Fu knew that she couldn't let Derricka have full control of the team. Derricka was smug, complacent, and arrogant, and she absolutely hated Fu Fu. Fu Fu needed to bust out at all costs and get back on the cheerleading squad for next game.

Fu Fu had to wait until she was alone to attempt her escape. She smiled and said what she needed to while Connie was by her side. She then asked the nurses to leave her alone so she could sleep peacefully in the medical ward. They eagerly accepted her offer as she had been a needy drama queen up until that point.

Now that she was alone, Fu Fu needed to find a way to pick the lock of the handcuff that was holding her right wrist close to the bed rail. Fu Fu scanned the room for something to use....

She saw that the nurse had left her food tray on her bedside table. The tray had a plastic spork in her pudding cup. Fu Fu quickly reached across to grab it, despite pain shooting through her body.

Once the spork was in her hand. Fu Fu jabbed the business end of the spork into the handcuff around her wrist. The spork still had pudding on it but Fu Fu didn't care. She jammed it in and began wiggling it around frantically.

Her plan worked, after one hour of constant wiggling, the handcuff finally clicked and unlocked. Fu Fu quickly sat up and jumped to her feet.

Fu Fu had gotten up too fast and her back popped. The pain was too intense and she fell to the ground in pain. However, she couldn't let it get the best of her. She pulled herself up and began making her way towards the door.

Her back had stiffened so she was walking awkwardly, but she knew it would relax as she moved more. She peeped out of the door into the hallway. A few of the nurses were at the end of the hall smoking during a break. Fu Fu knew that they would soon go back to their shift. That would be when Fu Fu would make her escape.

Sure enough, the nurses put out their smokes and walked into another room to get back to work. Fu Fu staggered into the hallway. She lost control as she gained speed due to her stiff back and collapsed to the ground with a loud thud.

She knew that she needed to hurry as she heard one of the nurses ask "What was that?"

Fu Fu quickly pulled herself up and sprinted towards the exit of the medical ward. Every ounce of drive and motivation was needed in order to make it out before the nurses found her and sounded the alarm.

Slowly but surely she made her way to the door and into the jail lot. She clumsily made her way towards where the cheerleaders would be holding their daily practice.

Sure enough, Derricka Rose had recovered from her injury which caused her to sit out of the game, and was gleefully running the cheerleading practice.

Fu Fu stumbled up to the practice and snapped at Derricka. Derricka turned around and was in complete shock. She couldn't believe that Fu Fu was able to walk, much less break out of the medical ward and make it to cheer practice.

Derricka's shock soon turned to anger as Fu Fu began to run things her way, stepping all over Derricka's plans to improve the show. Derricka was ticked off because she actually had talent unlike anyone else on the team, especially Fu Fu.

However, a loud buzzer began sounding off all over the jail as the nurses had figured out that Fu Fu was missing and had alerted the jail guards.

Fu Fu continued to coach up the girls despite the buzzer. She was going to solidify herself as the main leader of the squad if it was the last thing she did.

"There she is!" Screamed a jail guard as he witnessed Fu Fu at cheer practice. He began sprinting towards Fu Fu at full speed.

Fu Fu saw the officer coming and began begging him to stop. Her back was now throbbing with all of the activity of the day, so she would have liked to go quietly.

However, the officer did not stop. All 300 pounds of him slammed into Fu Fu at a high rate of speed, tackling her to the ground. The momentum of the tackle caused Fu Fu to slide for 5 yards on her face before coming to a stop under the 300 pound guard.

Fu Fu was log tied and carried into solitary confinement by 8 jail guards. However, through the tremendous pain in her back after the dramatic tackle, Fu Fu still took the time to make sure that the girls knew she was their leader.

"I'm still back, y'alls! Don't listen to Derricka! I'm back! They just gonna put me in solitary for a few days! I'll be back though, y'alls! I ain't going nowhere, Derricka! I'm y'alls leader, best believe that!"

Fu Fu's drive and motivation is truly admirable, but it earned her a trip to solitary confinement. There is no timetable on Fu Fu's release from solitary.

Derricka resumed the leadership role of the practice, desperately hoping that Fu Fu would remain locked up for the remainder of the season.