Status: In Progress (Comments/Suggestions Welcomed)

Rikers Island Jail Football Program

The Return of Connie

(September 9th, 2012) Rikers Island head coach, Connie Jenkins, returned to her coaching duties at 5 am this morning.

Connie had been suspended for one game following her angry and violent outburst on the sideline during the Navy game, so she wasn’t allowed to coach against Army.

Connie was anxious to get back to work because she knew that Claude would fail epically at coaching. She knew it would be a disaster but even she was blown away by how bad it really was as she watched a live feed of the game from her home.

Connie was so angry during the Army game that she kicked her flat screen TV down onto the floor and began cussing and shouting loudly. Connie’s dogs and cats ran for cover as she began throwing objects wildly across the house as she began watching the game from another TV, that wasn’t broke.

Eventually Connie threw a candle through the last TV that worked in her house, shattering the TV screen, so she knew it was time to stop. Her rage had blinded her and caused her to ruin multiple TVs, stain her carpet, ruin her candle, scuff her Ugs, and frighten her pets to death.

She simply poured a glass of red wine, put on relaxing music, and drew a warm bath and tried to ease her mind. She still cursed repeatedly under her breath as she laid in the tub.

Connie was ready to make big changes in the right direction so she arrived at work early. Hours and hours passed as she went through loads of paperwork, and thought through strategies, and potential plays to make this team work.

She wondered where Claude Newman was, as he was usually in for work around 9am. It was 10:30am and still no Claude. She shrugged and went on about her business. She really wanted to be ready for practice later that afternoon.

When her hunger finally caused her to take a break, Connie left for lunch. She figured that she’d swing by a store and purchase a new TV, and grab some fast food on the way back. She wanted to stop by the dome quickly on her way out to see how bad the cleanup job would be following the game.

She opened up the locked doors, only to find Claude Newman passed out asleep, in nothing but his under-roos. She was blown away. What in the world!?

Connie had destroyed all of her TVs prior to Claude passing out so she had no idea that he had passed out on the sideline, and thrown up all night. Claude had apparently been locked in the dome by accident as he remained unable to leave the trash can as he threw up.

She finally woke Claude who seemed relaxed. He was happy to see Connie, and said that he hoped to coach the Army game as well as she had, later today. Connie just shook her head and instructed him to get dressed and leave.

She stormed off, having lost her appetite after seeing Claude in nothing but under-roos so she set off to get a new TV, anxious to find out just what Claude did from the players at practice later.