Status: In Progress

Indigo Sky

All About You

Chapter Nine: All About You
*Alexa’s POV

It was a big day for us, we were doing a music video for our single. And I was not in a good mood. I should be super excited for my very first music video but other things were ruining my mood.
Tyler, my ex boyfriend, had called me last night. I don’t know why I answered to be honest. I shouldn’t have. Tyler was one of the very few things in my life that have stuck around. I don’t have a lot of stability, I never have, and he is the epitome of stability. He has a steady, decent paying job. He plans to stay in Cable, Illinois (which is right outside Chicago), and he wants to settle down in the next few years and start a family. A family. And he knows exactly how much that means to me.

He hinted that if I moved back home that I could be part of that future he has planned. For a minute, it was so tempting, the idea of that perfect life. But Tyler and I broke up for a reason. And I moved to LA to pursue my dreams. I can’t just give that all up and move back to Chicago.

And we’re actually starting to get some recognition for our song. Radio stations are playing our song because people are calling in, wanting to hear us. Isn’t that incredible? It’s hard for me to believe sometimes. We still scream and cheer every time we hear ourselves on the radio. Bree and I have been really trying to self-promote through social media and other avenues. We each made new twitter accounts and make sure to keep fans (I can’t believe we can say we have fans) posted on what’s going on. Bree made a youtube channel and will randomly film us doing stuff and post it online. Nikki always gets involved in the videos but Callie is nervous about that sort of stuff so we have to film her when she doesn’t realize it. But she’s gotten into the twitter thing, and she always makes sure to respond to fans and answer all their questions. She’s probably the best about it among us.

Me and Harry have been texting back and forth, but between our schedules (they’re promoting their new cd) and we’re working so much to get our record wrapped up and get our name out there, there isn’t much time to see each other. And we’re not like dating, so I’m not sure if there are other girls around him or not.

I just hope I don’t come off looking like a bitch in the video. I was trying to act like everything was peachy keen in my world but it was hard to remain positive today.

The concept of the video is all about breaking up with a boyfriend and like, cleaning him out of your life, which is hitting a little too close to home for me today. We’re shooting in this apartment building and we each have individual shots for the video. I throw his clothes out the window, Callie tears pictures of the two of them apart, Bree pushes their mattress down the stairs, and Nikki throws his guitar in the dumpster. Then there’s the performance scene on the roof of the apartment building. I think it will come together nicely. It’s probably hard to shoot a whole group of girls and make it “fair”.

I think the video is going to awesome when it all comes together. We had a lot of fun shooting the individual shots. Bree struggled so much to move that mattress, I couldn’t keep from laughing. It was hilarious to watch her try and move it.

I never realized how many times you may have to shoot a shot before a director gets what they’re looking for though. My scene is just throwing clothes out the window, but I had to do it like a million times before the director announced that he got it.

I’ve never really been a crazy ex-girlfriend and done any of this to a boyfriend before, so it was sort of exciting. One time in high school, me and Bree keyed one of her exes truck. It was fun at the time but Bree got caught and had to pay to have it resurfaced (or her parents did anyway).

After they finally announced that each of the individual scenes was a success, we went back to the hair and makeup trailers to change our looks for the performance scenes. We were just dressed like normal, cute girls for the individual shots, but we got to rock out our look a little for the performance shot.

“Oh my God!” Bree squealed, pulling her shirt off over her head as soon we got in the trailer (Bree is not at all shy if you haven’t gathered that already), “That was so fun!”

“It was fun for you, some of us had to do our shot a million times.” Nikki grumbled. The director had been pretty critical in her shots.

Immediately the assistants descended on us to bustle us into our new outfits (it’s weird to have someone help you dress). Bree had someone teasing up her hair and gluing fake eyelashes on her at the same time. She gave me a wide eyed look from the makeup chair. I just smiled at her and let the makeup artists start wiping my face clean before painting it over again.

Some of the clothes were a bit…interesting, but I don’t think we were in a position to argue with the direction of the video. That’s what we had stylists for. I wasn’t thrilled with the little white matching outfit that I was going to be wearing for the performance scene, but I didn’t feel comfortable telling them that I didn’t like it.

Lauren, our assistant manager, who is somewhat of a control freak, had been on set all day and keeping us on task. Mark stopped by at the beginning of the shoot that everything was set up the way it was supposed to be, but he’s been in and out. Lauren seems to do most of the day to day menial tasks with us while Mark oversees the big picture, which I guess makes sense.

“Oh my God, look at this.” Nikki shrieked from her chair, holding up the magazine. “We’re in the magazine!”

“Let me see!” Bree swiped it out of her hands.

“I wasn’t done looking at that.” Nikki protested.

“Apparently you were.” Callie said, rolling her eyes.

Bree laughed. “It’s us with One Direction, that night we went out to dinner. It’s a shot from us walking into the restaurant with the band. You can barely see me past Niall. You look good, Lex.” She passed the magazine to me.

I glanced down at it. Here it was, the first time we were in a gossip magazine. There was little caption about the 1D boys having a night out with ‘up and coming girl group Indigo Sky’. You could see me walking between Niall and Harry. But you couldn’t tell anything by looking that there was anything between Harry and I. Inadvertently or not, he had put some distance between us. In fact, I was walking closer to Niall then anyone else at the moment the picture had been taken. Callie was barely in the shot at all, at the front of the group, and Bree was mostly blocked by the boys, but you could see Nikki and I clearly.

“I’m keeping it.” Nikki said, taking her magazine back. “It’s the first time we’re in print. It’s a big deal.” She said defensively.