Status: Updating when I can.

Second Chance

Not Right for Each Other

Haley stared at her friend in disbelief, she couldn't quite believe, that Hanna was going to keep dating Mats after what she had just told her.

" Hanna you can't keep this up" she said gently.

Hanna frowned at her Haley, she was always the most serious one out of the two of them. " Why Not?" She asked.

" One you don't have feelings for Mats" Haley replied.

" I may grow to love him eventually" Hanna said, doubt in her voice.

" Hanna, you can't force something that is not there" Haley said.

" You are right, but I don't want to hurt him" Hanna sighed. Things had been going well until Marco had somehow won her over. They were hanging out a little more but only as friends, Hanna had made that Clear to Marco. Spending time with Marco had made her see that Mats as nice as he was, wasn't the one for her.

" I don't think he will be all that hurt" Haley replied, she had heard that Cathy was back on the scene, but she didn't know if it was just rumors or not.

" What is that supposed to mean?" Hanna asked.

" I just don't think he is over his ex" Haley broke gently.

Hanna knew he wasn't, Mats didn't say much when they spent time together, but all the pictures he had up in his house was a massive sign he wasn't over his ex.

" I know" Hanna agreed.

Haley smiled sadly at her Hanna, she didn't have much luck with men, but she hoped that by ending things with Mats, that would push her closer to Marco.

" What are you going to do?" Haley asked.

" I guess end things, I have to right?" she replied.

" I am sorry Hanna" Haley said.

" Its okay, this is for the best" Hanna said, getting to her feet.

" Where are you going?" Haley asked.

" I need to go and talk with Mats, get it over with" she said, reaching for her coat and bag.

" Do you want me to come with?" Haley asked.

" No I think I better do this on my own" Hanna said.

" Okay, well I will be here for you, when you get back" Haley said.

Hanna smiled at Haley before she made her way out of the house, she knew that she was doing the right thing.There was just no spark between them, it was better ending things now than letting it drag on.

***

Mats smiled down at Cathy as she laid in his arms sleeping, they had spent the last couple of days sorting everything out. They had decided to give things another shot,He just had to get round to talking to Hanna. He had really liked her but he knew the difference between love and Like, he was never going Love Hanna, the way he did Cathy.

" What are you thinking about?" Cathy asked sleepily.

Nothing much, you us, Hanna" he said truthfully.

Cathy slowly sat up, she didn't like that he was thinking about another woman.

" You are going to end it aren't you?" she asked.

"Of course, I chose you, I am not about to change my mind" he said.

" Good, so when are you going to break up with her, you need to do it soon, I want everyone to know we are back together" Cathy said as the doorbell chimed.

" Are you expecting anyone?" Cathy asked, her eyebrow raised questioningly.

" No" Mats said as he got to his feet, he slowly made his way to his front door, curious who it could be. His teammates didn't come over unless they were invited. Pulling the door open, his face lost a little color as he came face to face with Hanna.

***

Hanna almost laughed at Mats face, he looked like he had just saw a ghost. She stood nervously on his doorstep wondering if he was just going to leave her standing there.

" Are you going to let me in?" she asked softly.

" Why are you here?" he asked bluntly, blocking her path to his house.

" I think we need to talk" she said quietly.

" Mats who is it?" a female voice called out from behind Mats.

Mats was like a deer caught in headlights, Hanna would have laughed if she wasn't so nervous.

" I can see you are Busy" she said and went to walk away, but Mats stopped her.

" No you are right we need to talk" he said.

" You have company" she fired back at him.

" It's Cathy" Mats said quietly.

" Your ex? Hanna asked.

" Yes, so we can talk out here, or you can come into the house" He said.

Hanna shook her head, she wanted this over with quickly " Out here will do okay" she said.

Mats nodded and closed his door so Cathy didn't have to hear what was being said.

Hanna tried to find the words, she had them ready but they just didn't want to come out of her mouth. She looked back up at Mats, there was a little sadness in his eyes.

" I think we should break up" she finally suggested.

Mats was a little surprised at Hanna, he thought he was going to hurt her by suggesting a break, but it seemed she had felt the same way.

" You are a nice guy Mats, but right now I need to focus on myself and my album, it's why I came back to Germany" she said.

" Is that the only reason?" Mats asked, he wasn't stupid he had seen the sparks between Hanna and Marco.He had quickly put them to the back of his mind, when Erik told him he was being so stupid.

" What other reason could there be?" she asked.

Mats knew he had no right to ask her about Marco as he had been pretty quiet about Cathy too.

" Marco, I have noticed how friendly you have been with him lately" he remarked.

" Nothing is going on there, Believe me" she muttered as she looked back up at him.

" So this is then?" he asked, a little relieved.

" Yes, I like you Mats and would like to remain friends with you" she said softly.

Mats smiled at Hanna, this was the nicest break up he ever had. " I would like that" he said, moving to his front door.

" Great well, I will let you get back to Cathy" she said, taking a step back.

Hanna turned to go, she mad it a couple of steps before Mats called out to her, she turned to face him.

" If Marco ever hurts you, tell him he will have me to deal with" Mats said.

Hanna didn't bother correcting him, he seemed pretty sure that something was going on between Herself and Marco. She wasn't even sure what was going to Happen.

" Bye Mats" she said, then slowly made her way down his path, she was a little relieved it was over without someone getting hurt, it just proved that they weren't right for each other.

***

Hanna stood outside Marco's house, she knocked a couple of times, hoping he was out. Hanna had come over here in a spur of the moment thing. Also she had wanted to avoid Haley's question's and Pity looks. The door opened, Hanna looked up at Grinning Mario.

" Hanna is that you?" he teased, he had been around when things had ended between herself and Marco.

" Mario what are you doing here? I thought you played for Bayern now" she said, failing to hide the disgust in her voice.

" I am here Visiting" He said, moving to Hug Hanna, he liked her, Mario had gone crazy at Marco for breaking her heart.

Hanna returned the hug, She had always been close to Mario, he was so friendly, it was hard not to like him.

" Is Marco in?" she asked.

" Yeah, he is getting his butt whipped at Fifa though, you want to come in? he asked.

Hanna knew she should have said no and went home, but she found herself saying yes instead.

" Look who is here" Mario called out as they made their way through Marco's small flat.

Marco looked up, he was a little surprised to see Hanna standing there. They had been getting on better, yet whenever he asked he over, she always said no. Now she was standing in his flat.

" Hey" Marco said softly.

" Hi" Hanna replied, suddenly feeling so Nervous.

" You want to play Fifa?" Mario asked cheerfully.

" Nah, I think I would rather watch you beat Marco" she teased.

Marco chuckled as he fixed his eyes on the screen, currently he was losing 2-4.

" So what brings you over tonight?, I heard you were dating Mats" Mario rambled.

" We are no longer dating" she said.

Marco paused his game and turned to Hanna, he was surprised he had thought that Hanna really liked Mats.

" Why?" he asked.

" He is back with Cathy and right now I Need to focus on my Music" she said.

" Wow didn't see that coming" Marco said, letting out a low whistle.

Mario glanced between his friend a little idea forming in his head, Marco was single and so was Hanna, there was no better time to set then up.

" Why are you smiling like that?" Marco asked, sure his friend was up to something.

" No reason" Mario replied.

***
Hanna watched the two Idiots she had grown up with fight
over their game, she laughed at how ridiculous they sounded.

" Hanna get him told?" Mario Joked getting to his feet, he had to leave now as he promised Ann that he would only spend a couple of hours with Marco.

" He can do what he wants" Hanna fired back.

" That is right I can" he said, smiling the crooked smile that had always won Hanna over in the past.

" Whatever, I have to leave you two kids, but we should all meet up for lunch before I have to leave" Mario said.

" I would like that" Hanna agreed as she hugged Mario goodbye. She watched as Marco saw him out, she should also be going home now, but something stop her from leaving.

Hanna was so deep in thought, she hadn't heard Marco come back into the room.

" Earth to Hanna" he said, waving his hand in front of his face.

" Sorry what were you saying?" she asked, looking up at him.

" I am asking if you are okay" he asked concern in his eyes.

" Of course I am okay, me and Mats were only seeing each other for a few months, it wasn't that serious" she said.

" You don't have to hide your feelings from me" he said quietly.

" Marco I am alright really, it was for the best" she said.

Marco didn't look like he believed her, but let the matter drop anyway for now at least.

" What do you want to do?" he asked, the night was still young, he wasn't ready for bed yet.

" Let's Play Fifa" she said, reaching for a controller.

" You sure you want to do that?" he asked, a cheeky grin on his face.

" Of course, If Mario can beat you, so can I" she said moving to sit down beside him.

" Ooh fighting talk, I like" he joked, as he switched on his games console.

They ended up playing fifa for a couple hours, Marco won most games, but Hanna managed to get at least one game from him. Hanna looked at the time, she should really think about getting home.

" It's late" she said tiredly, she couldn't even be bothered to move.

" You should stay the night" Marco said in between yawns.

Hanna nodded her head in agreement, she was to tired to move anyway. As she slowly closed her eyes, she felt Marco wrapped his arm around her.If she wasn't so tired she would have removed his Arm, But for now it could stay around her, as she drifted off to sleep.